Holloway - Bonus clause

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Another ridiculous decision from the FA. Managers should be allowed to pick whoever they like and if that occasionally means resting key players, then so be it. As Blackpool proved against Villa, fielding a "weakened" team doesn't necessarily make for an impoverished spectacle nor does it amount to the acceptance of defeat. It reflects the fact that teams have different priorities and managers should be allowed to manage in accordance with those priorities; inavariably for clubs like Blackpool or Wolves it doesn't mean fielding a "weakened" team in every tough fixture, but on the rare occasions where a particularly important game - in the context of their season - follows soon after said fixture (in Blackpool's case, they played West Ham 3 days after facing Villa). Alternatively, if we are to take the FA's line on this, then why have only Wolves and Blackpool been fined when teams throughout the division, and especially those at the top end- who compete on more fronts than most - have also field "weakened" teams? This is by no means the only example, but it's one that sticks my mind, and that is on the last day of the 08/09 season, Man U fielded a reserve team against Hull - who were fighting relegation - and not a single player who was picked to play for them that day started in the CL final three days later (or had featured regularly in the league season). They had already secured the title and clearly fielded a "weakened" team, and even though this "weakened" line-up could have resulted in another club getting relegated, no charge was brought against them. It is not always going to be so clear-cut as that, and so one other glaring problem arises; just where do you draw the line? Simply because a player hasn't played regular football that season doesn't necessarily mean he is a downgrade on the player whose position he is taking. Players have ups and downs, they get tired and they get injured... indeed some players are more important to the performance of their team than others. Is it always enough to say that a team is "weakened" when a team selection differs substantially from those that have gone before? It's potentially a very subjective judgment and one further reason for not going down this path. 

On the point about the bonus clause, only the chairman and board of directors can officially accept an offer for a player.....an offer that would trigger the bonus clause, so I don't see that there is an actual conflict of interest. I hear the point about Holloway's intentions but according to him, he actually has a greater financial incentive to keep Blackpool in the division... and that would be compromised were he to lose his best player, Adam. You can envisage situations where such a clause might give cause for concern, but this doesn't strike me as one such situation because he has a strong incentive to keep them in the division.
LFC2007

Postby redhayesy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:Holloway has become a bit of a t!t lately, trying to be funny but just coming across as a bit of a bratt whos above his station. Will he leave? Will he f...

thank feck someone has said it-well said mate i totally agree-there was me thinking it was just me-cause when ever i hear people discussing football atm -his fecking name comes up & lots out there think he's the best thing since sliced bread!

ffs -i can't stand the cornish pasty chomping tw@t! he thinks he's funny,intelligent etc-i for one dont find him any of those things what so ever!  & i agree mate lets see if he puts up or shuts up with his raging over the fine business- resign will he feck! he hasn't got the balls!

cause if he did resign-then i take alot back-but i'm all  :D

he's just feeling hard done by-grow a pair ffs holloway!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:35 am

loads of is press conferences he comes out with stuff that is clearly for effect and trying to get a laugh.
I dont think he has done anything wrong personally about Adam though, he is just looking after his own and his clubs interests.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ethanr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 am

The thing about Holloway and the bonus is that many clubs basically allow the manager to choose when the player goes, am I wrong? If Holloway is sitting there saying we can get more we can get more, they will probably hold off.  I too think it's a bit of a conflict of interest, but Holloway is playing it pretty smart to be honest.  What's lame about this whole thing is that the deal with Holloway was for the players he brought in and then sold, not players sold that were already there.  Well Adam was already on loan at the club and the caretaker before basically made the whole transaction, so Holloway basically did nothing and if the transfer goes through he very well could make 2 million pounds off of it.  Also, his bonus for keeping them up would be more than that?  How much fecking cash does this guy make a year? :p If he makes 2 from Adam, and I'm sure they will stay up, so another, what, 3? plus his salary... 6 million pounds maybe? holy sh!te!  Making more than half his team combined!

I also don't think Blackpool should have been fined.  That's just ridiculous and opinionated.  Who's to say who the strongest squad is other than the manager?  What if that practice session those certain players were playing great and the others weren't?  What if some of his players needed rest because of too much play time or to rest some injuries (some actually did need rest)?  I think it's stupid they ever do this and the only reason they were fined was so that Wolves didn't cry about it.  They almost beat Villa! 3-2 is pretty dang close... Manager could have been making a point to his starters that if they don't start working harder the reserves will play.  Either way, I think it's stupid for the league to decide on who is the strong 11 and who isn't.  Why can't manure then be fined when they play weaker squads? They sure as heck do.  They play some games with 1 or 2 normal starters.  Sure maybe it's FA cup, but if cards transfer from FA cub to prem then why can't the same rules transfer as well? In that case half the prem teams would be getting charged for fielding weaker teams. 

Maybe they seem to think it will be the deciding factor in Villa staying up. I find it hard to believe that a team like Villa will get relegated tho.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:15 am

Ben Patrick wrote:loads of is press conferences he comes out with stuff that is clearly for effect and trying to get a laugh.
I dont think he has done anything wrong personally about Adam though, he is just looking after his own and his clubs interests.

if our manager have done the same thing he will be labeled as a genius and legend.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 am

metalhead wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:loads of is press conferences he comes out with stuff that is clearly for effect and trying to get a laugh.

if our manager have done the same thing he will be labeled as a genius and legend.

Don't be stupid. Dalglish injects subtle humour, Holloway does it to reinforce his character. He is over the top, on purpose. Also he is disrespectful to many a person and team, Dalglish would never do that.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Holloway's such a d!ick. He's pretty much intimated that the reason for Blackpool's slide is our approach for Charlie Adam. What a grade A bell end. Sorry but we never went public with regards to Charlie Adam, they did. Fark off Holloway, pr!ck
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Come the summer when they are back in the Championship and Adam has joined us on a free, Holloway will be thinking, oooooh rrrrrrr i should have that 8Million quid Liverrrrrrpoool offered.

Is his contract up in the summer? Anyway, arsed about Blackpool.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 pm

yeh it is, option to extend tho so he might sign that out of respect before moving. Though he will have to be aware that Blackpool might price him out of a move...will be interesting

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby burjennio » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Greavesie wrote:Holloway's such a d!ick. He's pretty much intimated that the reason for Blackpool's slide is our approach for Charlie Adam. What a grade A bell end. Sorry but we never went public with regards to Charlie Adam, they did. Fark off Holloway, pr!ck

Quotes Greavsie? I aint heard nothing about that and cant find any quotes on the subject
burjennio

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 pm

burjennio wrote:
Greavesie wrote:Holloway's such a d!ick. He's pretty much intimated that the reason for Blackpool's slide is our approach for Charlie Adam. What a grade A bell end. Sorry but we never went public with regards to Charlie Adam, they did. Fark off Holloway, pr!ck

Quotes Greavsie? I aint heard nothing about that and cant find any quotes on the subject

I'll look for a written piece, I heard it on the radio - it was said by him, not read out. I'll have a look about matey

I'm struggling to find a written transcript of it - I was listening to five live when they played the clip.

He said 'what happened in January didn't help, and what happened in January...well you all know what happened?' Something to that affect when pointing to his sides recent run.

There's a number of implications it has tbh, but I read into it as blaming us for unsettling his captain

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:07 am

Wait Adam's contract is up this summer? I thought he had another summer after this.. Haha because Holloway is ridiculous if that's the case and he didn't sell him..
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Fri May 20, 2011 9:08 pm

just heard his rant about the FA being against them, t!t. I really dont like this guy

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sat May 21, 2011 8:32 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Don't be stupid. Dalglish injects subtle humour, Holloway does it to reinforce his character. He is over the top, on purpose. Also he is disrespectful to many a person and team, Dalglish would never do that.

You misunderstood me, I'm not talking about Kenny Dalglish, I'm saying in general if our manager went to the media and done the same thing as Holloway most fans would love him for that.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 24, 2011 1:58 am

Delighted we will no longer be forced to endure this insufferable dolt's sound bites  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion