Henry - How much as a matter of interest

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:54 pm

Hey there guys,

Was just reading about the Arsenal talks opening up with Henry at the moment and got to wondering just what sort of value would be on his head now should he choose to look elsewhere (must be around the 30 mil mark). Reading what he has said, it looks like he is looking for reassurance of new talent coming in and Arsenal in turn are concerned about his wage demands. I still have my doubts as to whether he'll strike a deal with them, although I don't believe him to be the sort to string Arsenal along in the way that Owen did us lot. Any thoughts on how much?

Following that, I have to pose the obvious question as well as to whether you guys could see him fitting into our squad (forgetting about the price). I would be quite curious to see him in a red shirt, although the liklihood of that happening is very small, can't see Wenger offloading him to a rival club, or us being willing to fork out that much on a striker alone who is at the peak of his career and arguably will deteriorate too quickly for us to see a real return on the investment. But supposing he did, where would he slot in and who would suit him best as a partner?
Homebooby

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:16 am

dead argument mate if Henry leaves he will go abroad.More chance of Souness winning the premiership with Newcastle than Henry coming here or any other english club.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:53 am

Homebooby wrote:where would he slot in

God knows.......... :sleep
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:25 am

No as drummerphil said there is no chance of that happin
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:51 pm

what a ridiculous question

what next? ???

It is beyond belief that someone can be such an idiot

Sorry I have never really abused anyone on here before but that is daft mate

Damn good player though     :grinning:
RedWolf35

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:08 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:what a ridiculous question

what next? ???

I would normally have jumped on him,but my mrs made me a lovely breakfast in bed,so he got me at a vunerable time..... :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:11 pm

Homebooby wrote:I have to pose the obvious question as well as to whether you guys could see him fitting into our squad (forgetting about the price).

You'll Never Dream Alone

I can't see him as a liverpool player coz he won't. IMO  top talents (Henry, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Trezeguet, name your men here) would be favouring these top clubs ; Barca, Real Madrid (Spanish La Liga)  AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus on(Seria A), Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal (EPL)
You can frak me all you want but thats the way I look at it.
Why?
1. Because we do not have deeper pockets than the above clubs (both on transfer and wages)
2. Or maybe we are not attractive enough for them (career advancement, the team, manager, so on..)

Although we won it five times they still don't see us as the "real deal". Who was our significant signings over the past 10 years? Cisse? Moro?
Example of "well-known" class players : Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Ballack, Raul, Ronaldinho, Makalele, Henry, Bergkamp, Cafu, Maldini....

Until I hear Henry or any of the class players says "I've always wanted to wear the red jersey, or Liverpool is my final destination".. my friend, keep on dreaming.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Homebooby » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:30 pm

drummerphil wrote:
RedWolf35 wrote:what a ridiculous question

what next? ???

I would normally have jumped on him,but my mrs made me a lovely breakfast in bed,so he got me at a vunerable time..... :laugh:

Well I never suggested that it was a probability, it was a theorectical question based on whether a player of Henrys unquestionable quality would fit into the squad that we currently have. The point being the most expensive player isn't always the right one for the squad and I was curious as to your thoughts who would best compliment him in the team.

It was meant as a bit of fun as opposed to the usual rehash topics we read weekly here in the line of how wonderful Steve Gerrard is and how lucky we are to have kept him, but unless something is posted by the usual suspects all credibility and fun automatically disappears doesn't it?
Homebooby

Postby greenred » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:01 pm

Perfectly valid question mate,ignore the grumps.Cant see Henry ever joining us though.Where would be the challenge in joining Liverpool?He`d be playing in the same league,against the same teams and the same players.Barcelona has to be his destination of choice.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:10 pm

40 mil plus Tjames..........
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:26 pm

I can't believe it i got slaughtered on here for a :censored: post.

Henry how much? I don't know i will just go and ask elvis he runs the book in my local

by the way not startin an fight just feelin sorry for myself
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:44 pm

That trick on saturday was pure genius. Took me about 3 replays to even spot it.

I'm hoping he doesn't leave Arsenal. His loss would be felt as much by the whole Premiership as it would be by them. He's a class act and enriches the game, so we need him to stay.

We'll still turn them over though. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion