Fergies started already

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:26 am

Fergie reckons we have no chance this year in the league and that Chelsea will be the only threat to his wonderful team! The W*nker. No doubt this will be the first of many this season

Link

SIR Alex Ferguson has written off Liverpool as title contenders and says he knows how Chelsea will play under new manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Ferguson is looking for United’s fourth straight Premier League title and predicts Chelsea are his main rivals.

Liverpool are discounted by Ferguson, further fuelling the war between him and their manager Rafa Benitez, claiming they are only dangerous when Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres are in the team.

Xabi Alonso got his way yesterday and was sold to Real Madrid for £30million, but Ferguson says that losing him will not change anything at Liverpool.

“I don’t know if it will make a big difference to Liverpool, Alonso going,” he said. “He is a good player, but I’m not sure if losing him will affect them.

“The thrust of the Liverpool team is really all about Gerrard and Torres. If they stay fit, it improves Liverpool’s chances. But Liverpool have just had probably their best season for 20 years, finished up with 86 points, and still finished four adrift. It will be hard for them to match that, let alone improve. Other teams will read Liverpool better.”

Ferguson is convinced Chelsea are the only team to give United a run for their money.

“It has to be Chelsea as the main threat,” said Ferguson.

“Ancelotti will change the way Chelsea play. There is plenty of flexibility in what he’s got and he should get goals from Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka.”
Last edited by Dundalk on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:28 am

Beyond the pale.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:24 am

A hint of reverse psychology methinks - he knows Rafa's stubborn. I can't imagine he likes the idea of us adding some top talent with some of the funds that are (hopefully) to be made available after Alonso's departure.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:01 am

Pot calling the kettle black, those buggers have lost Tevez and Homo !!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:34 am

People won't like to hear it, but entirely legitimate I think. Wind ups, rants, getting under the oppo's skin and the like are all part and parcel. I remember when he slagged off Mourinho's Chelsea for spending sh!t loads but said that money wasn't everything, teamwork was more important. Qucik as a flash Mourinho came back with "Sir Alex is absolutely right. When My Porto team put Manchester out of the Champions League, our team had cost only a fraction of theirs".

Rafa could do the same here. "I totally agree with Sir Alex, we see Chelsea as OUR biggest rivals for the title as well. We also don't think losing Xabi will effect us too much so once again I agree with him. Of course Sir Alex has to work out how he is going to replace all those goals which Ronaldo scored, so there's no wonder he fears Chelsea so much and looks so longingly at Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres." That ought to do it, give him back a bit of his own.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 am

arl bitter :censored:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 am

I hate him, but I can't deny that we're blatantly Gerrard-Torres partnership dependant. The "dissapointing draws" were not in my eyes due to a clown or negative tactics, but the absence of one of these two players or both.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:12 am

The Bacon headed, purple nosed, corned beef cheeked, senile arl bogrobber speaks (expresses his paranoia).....and the media are up his backside as quick as a flash. No worries though....

Rafa's got this fella in the palm of his hand. Fact  :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:14 am

bigmick wrote:People won't like to hear it, but entirely legitimate I think. Wind ups, rants, getting under the oppo's skin and the like are all part and parcel. I remember when he slagged off Mourinho's Chelsea for spending sh!t loads but said that money wasn't everything, teamwork was more important. Qucik as a flash Mourinho came back with "Sir Alex is absolutely right. When My Porto team put Manchester out of the Champions League, our team had cost only a fraction of theirs".

Rafa could do the same here. "I totally agree with Sir Alex, we see Chelsea as OUR biggest rivals for the title as well. We also don't think losing Xabi will effect us too much so once again I agree with him. Of course Sir Alex has to work out how he is going to replace all those goals which Ronaldo scored, so there's no wonder he fears Chelsea so much and looks so longingly at Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres." That ought to do it, give him back a bit of his own.

I'd love it if he said that!  :laugh:
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:14 am

fergie will ohnly talk about the people he is threatened by.....

....he knows we'll be there come season end.
Raj_Xedos

Postby Madmax » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm

His a red faced feck!!! Few weeks ago he said man city won't challenge for the title and our main threats are from liverpool and chelsea.. Now his writing us off his a bitter ranting red faced dirty tranny! Where he mentioned about Ac milan should have won in 2005...Utter bitterness from the saggy old fecker!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Fergie's know's we're the ones who are going to knock the fecker off his perch .He's sh!tting it.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Alkie F.uckwit
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:31 pm

:laugh:
Shows hes worried about us,should be too!
W@nkstain!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:41 pm

I cant stand the kunt, he said not too long ago that Man City kept talking about them when they hadnt said a word, then he goes and tells this sh!t to the s*n. I cannot stand this w@nker an hope he retires next season. Fergie, you are a dirty, whiskey nose t0sser, do football a favour a :censored: off! :angry:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion