The Premiership - General Discussion

Fa cup final - who do you want to win

Chelsea
51%
Everton
49%

Total votes : 35

Postby Number 9 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:43 pm

NANNY RED wrote:ye ha made up. but feel dead sorry for me little grandaughter she was crying her eyes out

Tell her to get used to it! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat May 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Darn shame but lets face it, Everton always will be the ugly sister.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 30, 2009 6:03 pm

tell yer ma, yer mar, to wipe away all your tears, No trophys for 14 years tell ye ma ye ma.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat May 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Ifithadnaebeenfer___ (what was it this time?) :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 31, 2009 12:00 am

Bad Bob wrote:Ifithadnaebeenfer___ (what was it this time?) :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-slwuoj9g
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Sun May 31, 2009 12:14 am

Glad Everton lost. I hate Chelsea but i completely despise everton. I have friends who are Everton fans and also friends who are Man U fans and the f**kers are thick as thieves. The bluenoses live to see us fail and suck up to the mancs. I'm glad they've both had a f**ing :censored: week to be honest. I can watch them c**ts suffer all day long. I can just about live with Chelsea winning.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun May 31, 2009 3:27 am

Ciggy wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Ifithadnaebeenfer___ (what was it this time?) :D

:laugh:  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-slwuoj9g

:laugh:

Kinell, that's cringeworthy.  Make's the Manilow version seem hip and stylin'.  :O
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Effes » Sun May 31, 2009 7:09 am

God knows how many times the BBC said "Who says the FA Cup doesn't mean anything anymore?"

It was getting boring.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 am

Unfortunately almost every (terrestrial) televised football event is overhyped, the "drama" of the FA Cup is just a nonsense. A lot of teams don't care anymore, those that do aren't any good. I, for some reason, found myself watching the ITV presentation of special moments or whatever it was, from the FA Cup. They showed Klinsmann scoring a late winner at Anfield and I thought, "so what?!?". You get late winners in the league, as best I recall they didn't even go on to win the trophy.

And there is no sadder sight than Wycombe shown celebrating their win by Essendoh's goal, them singing "we're gonna win the cup, we're gonna win the cup..............." - except you didn't now did you :rolleyes: Maybe players get carried away in the moment, the fans too, but to neutrals it's nothing great. I remember watching the 1987 cup final, wanted spudz to win then Coventry but at the end of the day I didn't care that much who won. I laughed when Sutton Utd beat Coventry, but what great impact did it have on the competition.

ITV had that show on ITV4 before they started their long, drawn out build up to the FA Cup final. It was a nothing special affair between a resilient team and a giant not quite punching its weight. I'm glad Chelsea won, I don't think the bitters would have been bearable had they won it. They think finishing 5th and reaching the cup final is a massive achievement, I think I'll take 2nd thanks. So what if Chelsea won the FA Cup, it's not the league and not the European Cup so not a trophy we're particularly jealous of them winning.

I'm sure the bitters will claim they'd have won but for injuries, but I think Chelsea would have won anyway and I'm 99% certain the ball crossed the line from that wonderstrike.

Anyone thinking they might have preferred the bitters to win should consider this - Gosling's goal against us was voted their goal of the season. I'm sure they'll release a three hour DVD to commemorate their cup final appearance to go with their commemorative DVD for finishing 5th and probably another for smeegel being voted LMA manager of the year

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/37496/goal-of-the-season.html

Maybe if they invested in a decent keeper he would have kept fat franks decent, but not powerful, left foot winner out. Or if Lescott had JUMPED maybe he might have stopped Drogba equalising, I'm glad he is not a regular feature for England.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:41 pm

This is how bitter the bas.tards are

Liverpool FC fans stabbed after goading Everton rivals over Wembley defeat
Jun 4 2009 by Alan Weston, Liverpool Echo

TWO Liverpool fans were stabbed in the street after goading Everton supporters following their FA Cup final defeat.

Jason Mayers, 21, and his 27-year-old friend, who asked not to be named, were attacked on Saturday evening, hours after the Blues had lost to Chelsea at Wembley.

Doctors at the Royal hospital were forced to rush Mr Mayers’ friend into emergency surgery to remove his spleen.

And he says he was told a knife wound to his chest was an inch away from being fatal.

The attack took place around 7pm on Saturday. The victims were among four people – including a four-year-old girl with cerebral palsy – who pulled up in a car at traffic lights outside Tesco, on Allerton Road, heading towards Liverpool city centre.

Seeing Everton flags in the back window of the car in front, Mr Mayers admits there was a beeping of the horn before he put his fingers up to signal the 2-1 scoreline.

He says two men then got out of the other car, stormed over and attacked them.

Mr Mayers, of Mossley Hill, said: “We were just having a laugh and a bit of banter over the FA Cup result.

“All of a sudden these two blokes jumped out of the car in the front, shouting ‘What were you saying?’

“My cousin who was driving shouted to them that we were only talking about the football.

“One of them stabbed my mate, who was out of the car by this time, while the other smashed the window next to where I was sitting and tried to stab me with the screwdriver. Then the car sped off.

“It all happened in broad daylight and there must have been about 40 cars there.

“As soon as these men got out of the car, I knew something bad was going to happen.

“They had this look in their eye. Even the paramedics and police couldn’t believe what had happened.”

His friend was kept in hospital following the operation but was expected to return home today.

The attackers were dark-skinned and aged between 25 and 30. They were in a small silver or white car.

A Merseyside police spokeswoman said: “We believe there were a lot of witnesses who stopped to watch this incident and hope they will come forward to help us piece together what happened.

“There was the beeping of horns before words were exchanged and a big fight in the road. We are aware a window was smashed and one man was stabbed with a knife while we have reports of a screwdriver also being brandished.”

l Anyone with any information should contact CID on 0151 777 5393 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:56 pm

i would say the guy did more than beep the horn and say 2-1 .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion