Davids to chelsea

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:41 am

Looks like Chelsea have signed Davids on a three year deal, pitty cos I would like to have seen him along side Gerrard.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:49 am

Me too !
Things seem very quiet on our transfer front or am I reading the wrong papers ? .
Apart from Cisse arriving, there doesn't appear to be any solid approach being made to fill our midfield and defensive requirements.I'm not referring to hype and speculation but solid negotiations. Anybody seen anything ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:04 am

I would love to see Davids in a red shirt for a while but im trying not to believe it becuase it was reported by the Italian television station Telelombardia so god knows who they are
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:08 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:I would love to see Davids in a red shirt for a while but im trying not to believe it becuase it was reported by the Italian television station Telelombardia so god knows who they are

They sound like a local tv station, Lombardy being a region in northern italy.
Christ ! I hope it's not true, Chelsea seem bent on signing any decent player who becomes available.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:13 am

Sorry guys..just found out it is a done deal..Davids is going to chelsea...

Damn..i wish he was with us for a while.... :(

Im just craving for a quality signing...
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:51 am

Well we've got Cisse but we all know that won't be enough.
I know it's early days but Rafa seems to be keeping a low profile. Is he still in Liverpool ? I like to hear more from him. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:01 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Sorry guys..just found out it is a done deal..Davids is going to chelsea...

Damn..i wish he was with us for a while.... :(

Im just craving for a quality signing...

Yeah, he is on way to Chelsea, it is do with money.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:38 am

well then there welcome to him. We need players who play for the club not the dosh.

Im annoyed with Owen and his huge salary. He better buck his ideas up this season or I expect him to be sold this time next year.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:43 am

so davids is off to chelsea then. well that's a surprise. they really need him don't they? what, with their lack of midfielders and all. what a joke.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:43 am

Chelsea can have Davids.  How many players do they think they can play in any one game and keep them all happy? 

We've got Stevie G.  That's who they REALLY want.

:D  :D  :D
jonnymac1979

Postby blind » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:56 am

and at the end of the day Davids is getting on in football terms and i don't recon he was coming to prove anything he just came for the money and Chelsea he knows will be an easy ride as the squad is massive and they will pay him silly wages.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:51 pm

That is ridiculous! Mourniho was talking about a squad of 24 players. He must be planning a massive midfield clearout. If was are going to buy this season we could do worse than Joe Cole or Duffer but I guess we've probably scuppered any chances of that happening.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:36 pm

Whatever midfielder Liverpool where keen to recruit Chelsea would have intervened as  Abramovich and his cronies are still well vexed over  Stevie G opting to stay .

Peter Kenyon’s  movement will be so predictable he will simply attempt to out bid Liverpool in whatever transfers they pursue .
:D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:59 pm

very glad about that. In my opinion he would have been a bad signing. He's 31 for ****** sake he's hardly gonna get better, we may well have got one season out of him were he would have played ok, maybe even reasonably well but it probably still wouldnt have been worth the wages we were paying him. Get someone like baraja and get your moneys worth.
columbia

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:24 pm

columbia wrote:very glad about that. In my opinion he would have been a bad signing. He's 31 for ****** sake he's hardly gonna get better,

And Gary Mac was how old when he turned it on for us ? ?

If the salary was right, two good seasons from him would have served us well. Remember we will hopefully be playing CL from now we will need more than just 11 first string players.
After you list our first 15 the rest of our squad begin to look distinctly like also rans.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion