David Moyes

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:22 pm

The Scum had over 80 crosses into the box last night. The most in a game for like 8 years. 80 crosses! Gotta be a joke there somewhere.

My favorite quote after yet another royal f'uck up:

"It's been a bit like that, this season".

You mean since you arrived, Dave?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:49 pm

United might have set themselves up for a bit of a fall here, in fergusons farewell speech he waffled on for about 10 minutes about how United back their managers to the hilt, he made a really big deal out of it, it was almost the keynote of his speech and as if to reiterate the point he said a similar thing the other day in a TV interview, he almost sneered at clubs who don't give their managers time.
Well, if we beat Fulham on Wednesday and United lose to Arsenal the gap between them and 4th will be 12 points which really would take some clawing back, they'd need a miracle tbh.
If United sack Moyes they would be basically making the knight of the realm that they named one of their stands after look a right ####, but on the other hand in this era where money talks and clubs are floated on the stock exchange can the glazers afford to wait until Moyes gets it right?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Moyes is a bit if a darling of the press and when things are going well, he'll always give 'em something. And in previous seasons, though I despise the man, he's always seemed fair and gracious in defeat, at least in front of the cams. But he could afford those things. At the toffs he was king of the castle, a part of the fixtures and fittings. But he was always given credit where it wasn't due, and his ego swelled with it. Everton have always been a good side. Always passionate. Always hard to beat. They're scousers. Blue. But scousers. When I was growing up and they had Linekar, Southall, Mabbut and co (Beardsley!), they were one of the big boys. Moyes was apparently great because he made them competitive on a small budget. Big fooking deal. That's the level of achievement the blues were happy with, and it's an achievement Fergie and co have been impressed with.

Given time and money, any half decent manager could do ok at United. They can says its a learning curve, that Moyes is the right man, but that's balls.

The right man would have continued seamlessly.
RedAnt

Postby laza » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:25 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 pm wrote:United might have set themselves up for a bit of a fall here, in fergusons farewell speech he waffled on for about 10 minutes about how United back their managers to the hilt, he made a really big deal out of it, it was almost the keynote of his speech and as if to reiterate the point he said a similar thing the other day in a TV interview, he almost sneered at clubs who don't give their managers time.
Well, if we beat Fulham on Wednesday and United lose to Arsenal the gap between them and 4th will be 12 points which really would take some clawing back, they'd need a miracle tbh.
If United sack Moyes they would be basically making the knight of the realm that they named one of their stands after look a right ####, but on the other hand in this era where money talks and clubs are floated on the stock exchange can the glazers afford to wait until Moyes gets it right?

Quite ironic considering what happening to Mancini a season after winning the title for Man City and what happened to Clarke at WBA and Laudrup at Swansea that Moyes is still there .

And I for one am delighted that ManU are sticking with their man  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:58 pm

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Lol love it.

Moyes: I want us stiff, with lots of penetration. We've been too flaccid and people are laughing at us. Rooney, you're the spearhead, the japseye if you like. They're gonna come at us hard, but stand tall. We will come good in the end.
RedAnt

Postby Boocity » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:28 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:57 pm

RedAnt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:36 pm wrote:Lol love it.

Moyes: I want us stiff, with lots of penetration. We've been too flaccid and people are laughing at us. Rooney, you're the spearhead, the japseye if you like. They're gonna come at us hard, but stand tall. We will come good in the end.

:laugh:  :laugh: Very good sir!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:07 pm

I was gifted a vision: Rooney, that lotheable lil scamp that he is, disgruntled with Moira's tactics, egged on by Carrick and the fun luvin' Ferdie, sneaking into the tactics room and draws a big bell-end on the board. Later, Moira enters, notes the drawing, and though his eyebrows lift, he mustn't lose face in front of the lads, and so, turning a def ear to the titters and snorts that litter the room, he presses on. Thinking on his feet, he divises a new system based around it. After all, he's studied all the handbooks, and has come up with nothing better. And he watched the Waterboy last night, and it worked in that.
RedAnt

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:11 pm

He is a dead man walking.  The triple fist pump when they went ahead at home against the bottom team in the league shows the pressure the man is under.  He looks like he has aged 10 years.

The minimum requirement for them was top 4.  They won the title by a distance last season and spent close to 70M. 

To be in 7th place with almost no hope of even top 4 is an absolute disgrace.  If we win tonight and they don't their season is practically over.  They'll lift themselves for the CL but they'll be beat once they face a decent side. 

I'm loving every minute of it though!  Hope he keeps the job but realistically it wouldn't surprise me if wasn't their manager come tomorrow afternoon.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 pm

You're right. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Fergie has repeatedly stated that clubs in safe hands. And their ego's would make sacking him so soon a very bitter pill to swallow.
RedAnt

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Their league campaign is practically over.  They'd have to literally win all of their games to get top 4 now.

I can actually see them losing or drawing to Palace next.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:15 pm

11 points clear of them is really nice feeling at the moment
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:28 pm

laza » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:15 pm wrote:11 points clear of them is really nice feeling at the moment

yep, Don't think I remember that happening in my lifetime.  at least not at this stage of the season  :)
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Moyes sets his teams up in an awful manor. Its about hard work, keeping a tight shape, full backs tucked in and over loading the wings when in possession, you'll never win anything playing such a basic style and you'll certainly never control possession against the good sides with the shape he uses.

For me, he's going a fantastic job at ruining United, Mata was a complete panic buy and isn't the answer for them, what's more laughable, he doesn't seem to know how to use him either.

Moyes has done to United what Souness done to Liverpool. The difference being Souness had the right idea in the first place, Moyes has no idea and I for one... am loving it!

Moyes 4 Man 4eva and eva! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion