David Moyes

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby laza » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:26 pm

RedAnt » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 pm wrote:Well he whined of the difficult start, though I thought the fixtures were fair. I see what he means now, useless fecker :D

:laugh:

Well until he works out how to crack Fergies phone and get the refs contact list I think he will be in for some more whining
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:05 am

laza » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:26 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 pm wrote:Well he whined of the difficult start, though I thought the fixtures were fair. I see what he means now, useless fecker :D

Well until he works out how to crack Fergies phone and get the refs contact list I think he will be in for some more whining

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:07 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 am wrote:
laza » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:26 pm wrote:

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Without wanting to go too Facebook about it, there are some cracking comments on here that I often would love to give a thumbs up too or a 'like'....is there any such feature on the board that could be enabled perhaps? Until then I would like to officially register that I appreciated the above comment from Mr Laza v. much.....I thank god I wore my corset etc  :D
Homebooby

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 am

Moyes was nicked for speeding the other day, questioned by the police officer as to why he was speeding, he allegedly responded by saying 'it's the only way I can get 3 pts'.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 am

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:38 am

Keep up the excellent work, Agent Moyes....
:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:31 am

laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:05 pm

12th in the league and sinking fast. We'll see how 'united' the fans are when it comes to crunch time for Moysey. I'm giving him until Xmas and if they're still lurking around 10th and lower they'll boot him and queue old whiskey nose taking over until the end of the season.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 pm

it`s just a pity the fixture list gets a bit kinder for them, their next 4 games are sunderland (A), southampton (H), stoke (H) and fulham (A) in that order.
there`s a few CL games in between though which may force him to rotate a bit (weakening the team like on saturday)
it`s just a pity sami`s side couldnt have got something out of them at old trafford, that win against leverkusen took the heat off them in the CL.
so come on donetsk  :buttrock  it`s down to you lot now to throw a further spanner in their works.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Southampton and Stoke aren't easy games even if they're playing them at home, and they've always struggled against Fulham at the Cottage. I can see them losing few more points in their following fixtures.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Hansen sticking the boot in:

Manchester United risk repeating errors which led to Liverpool's problems in the early 1990s, says Alan Hansen.

Hansen was part of the title-winning Liverpool side of 1990, but they have failed to win the league since.

New United boss David Moyes made just one notable summer signing in Marouane Fellaini, and his side have made their worst league start for 24 years.

"Liverpool began to flounder because they failed to replace good players with better ones," said Hansen.

The former Scotland defender added: "The club has paid a heavy price in the two decades since."

United won the Premier League last season under Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired at the end of the campaign and recommended fellow Scot Moyes as his successor.

But the 50-year-old has had a tough first three months in charge at Old Trafford.

United failed in their attempts to sign Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas in the summer and were also unsuccessful in moves for Everton defender Leighton Baines, Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera and Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao.

The Red Devils were also linked with Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alacantara, who chose to join Bayern Munich.

Moyes's side have lost three of their opening six league games to make their worst start to a top-flight campaign since the 1989-90 season.

"It is too early to say we are now witnessing the end of the empire at Old Trafford," said Hansen in his weekly column for the Daily Telegraph.

"But alarm bells are ringing and there are clear similarities between the United of 2013 and the last Liverpool team to win the title back in 1990.

"I played in that Liverpool team 23 years ago and it was in the bottom three of the eight title-winning sides I played in at Anfield.

"It was an ageing team, one which Kenny Dalglish was looking to break up and build again with new players. In the past the club had successfully combined winning and rebuilding, but this time was different."

The Match of the Day pundit, 58, added: "United have more depth and quality than the 1990 Liverpool side, but I would say that the two first teams are comparable in terms of the issues they faced.

"Both could be described as ageing teams that needed breaking up, but with issues over those brought in as younger replacements."

United lost 2-1 to West Brom on Saturday and face a testing trip to Shakhtar Donetsk in a Champions League group game on Wednesday.

Their start to the season is the worst by the defending champions since Blackburn Rovers in 1995, when former England striker Alan Shearer played for the Ewood Park club.

"We, too, had changed managers as Ray Harford was promoted. He, too, did not get enough new players in," said Shearer, 43.

"He wanted to give the current ones the chance to prove themselves under him. It didn't work.

"Champions still need to be tested and have their places under threat."

Shearer, also a pundit on Match of the Day, believes United are "an ordinary team" without the influence of Ferguson.

But he added: "Right now, everyone needs patience. Moyes, for me, is the right man.

"The players need to rediscover the spirit that used to drag them to victory no matter what.

"They are vulnerable at the minute and every team in the Premier League knows it. The air of invincibility has gone."
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 am

Allegedly De Gea is "homesick" after 2 years there.
Watch next for RvP to get disillusioned - once he does, that's at least 10 points this season they won't pick up.
The end is nigh....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RedAnt » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

As Hansen says, Gollum's failure to bring players in is disasterous. All the players remember better days, and a stronger manager. I think Moyes figured that the hecould wave small fees around because all would flock to his new Empire, mwuhahahaaaa! Only they didn't. And he's stuck with players who will attend their obligations in the media for so long, whilst wondering who the f*ck This Everton bloke is.

If our game against Sunderland is anything to go by, the Mackems will have a real go at the scum, and with Ball still in charge, ya never know. Moyes is walking a tight rope, and carrying Man U's future with him. The pressure is now massive to win even the "easy" games. And winning those will not alieviate (so?) much of that weight.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby laza » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:29 am

I also think this article from Mirror from one of Fergie's sacked coaching staff is also rather interesting that along with stories of 50 million war chest to spend show pressure already mounting and September only just finished  :)

Manchester United boss David Moyes rejected advice from Sir Alex Ferguson on who to hire and fire at Old Trafford, according to axed goalkeeping coach Eric Steele.

Steele was let go along with assistant manager Mike Phelan and first-team coach Rene Meulensteen at the end of the season as Moyes made the decision to install his own men.

The former-Everton chief chose to bring Chris Woods, Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden with him from Goodison Park, while appointing former-Toffee and Red Phil Neville to his first-ever coaching role.

And Steele, who is credited for David De Gea's vast improvement at Old Trafford, has now revealed how Ferguson offered his own guidance before Moyes decided to forge his own path.

Speaking to the United We Stand fanzine he said: "He spoke to me, Mick and Rene. I told him I thought it was a brave decision.

"He listened to the manager's advice, but he wanted to be his own man."

Moyes has suffered a poor start to the season, culminating in Saturday's shock home defeat to West Brom, something Steele believes wouldn't have happened had the old backroom team been kept on.

"I don't blame him for doing what he did. I've been in the game long enough to know how it is.

"But it's ironic, isn't it? You've just been part of a team that has had a great season and won the league. David De Gea's had his best season.

"Does it make sense that you're not retained to continue the good work? Sadly, that's out of my hands."
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:15 pm

he's a fuking clown of a manager. they're a cu.nt of a club .  they deserve each other.
redno7
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion