Cost of going to games - Is getting too much?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:08 pm

I am not talking about just our homes game.
the other day it cost me £50 petrol and then the price of getting in plus something to eat.

I worked out that it has cost me about £700 going to games this season and i have not even been to loads.

with the price of petrol going up soon going to home games might be a no no for me, yes you can get the coach but i tend to meet up friends and make a day of it, and you dont even save much going by train, in fact ut has cost me more than that by train sometimes.

I feel fr the fans that live in liverpool and have to come down south for games all the time but i do fear that a day will come with the price of getting to games going up that home games will for fans that live in liverpool and away games will be for fans that live near the away games location.

ok i do know some liverpool fans that say only liverpool fans that live in liverpool should be able to go to home games but thats never going to be the case with the way football is in todays world.

ok this might be that i am short of money right now but i am :censored: off that i can not see myself getting to anymore homes games this year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 am

What are you complaining about?  For me, 500 pounds for plane ticket, 200 pounds for hotel for the weekend, plus food, travel, the actual tickets. And that's going to a game by myself.  What fun is that?

Maybe that's why I've never been to Anfield :p

I know what you're saying.  Gas is raising again and it's way crazier in England then in the U.S.  Don't eat inside the stadium if it's too much, bring yourself a sandwich, don't drink any beer (I know it's hard but try to resist) and save yourself a bunch.  I still plan on spending well over 1000 pounds soon to go see a home game.  Obviously not alone, but sooner or later it will happen.  It's just the cost of loving the club I guess.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:39 pm

after having a pop about how much it cost to go to games in the above post of mine......today going to the games cost mr £7 in fuel and nothing to get in, not a bad deal...........apart from the result.
oh apart from some git took the number plates off my car (and i did not even know untill i got home).
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 pm

It's been overpriced for years now. And it's showing now, look in the last round of the FA Cup how many empty seats there were.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Stop moanin it costs me thousands every season ,an that comment about just Scousers going home games is never ever gonna happen, we go the match , here there an everywhere , never gonna change that ,never
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:30 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Stop moanin it costs me thousands every season ,an that comment about just Scousers going home games is never ever gonna happen, we go the match , here there an everywhere , never gonna change that ,never

i know nan but due to the cost of getting to games i am staerting to pic the gaes i go to now, i was never like that.
if it comes down to going to a football gam,e or soending the money on my dauthers birthday then its going to be spent on my daughter, i am finding  it hard to to say to myself tat its ok to spend that kind of money right now when things are getting tight.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm

tubby wrote:It's been overpriced for years now. And it's showing now, look in the last round of the FA Cup how many empty seats there were.

its not just the cost of getting in, its more the cost of getting to home games and away games thats doing me in. unless they are in london.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion