Chelsea - Rise and fall

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:30 pm

i have been reading the Chelsea forums and this is based on them.

have they had their day?

is it all down hill for them from now on.
Reading what Chelsea are saying, they fear that Roman Abramovich will sell the club in the next year.

they think he has had his fun with the club and now it looks like they need to build again he will move on.

I understand their fear, if it was liverpool we would feel the same as them.

poor results in the prem add to the fears that Abramovich is falling out of love with the club.

more talk is about that the manager is about to get the sack in the next few days if the next two results are not wins.

Rafael Benítez has been liked to the club in the media and reports from an agent seem to be that he has spoken to Abramovich more than a few time in the last month.

It could be very dark days ahead for Chelsea.
new record signing Fernando Torres moved to the club to play champions league and if they miss out and the owner sells up, it could be a very short stay at the club for Torres.
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Id be surprised if Roman wanted to sell the club after spending big on Torres and that new defender.

Id love if Chelsea missed out on 4th spot this year and Roman started looking to sell.

That would be proof that money can do nothing but buy short term success.  If they don't run the club well, how are they going to survive long term?

What happens in 3 years or so when Torres is 30?  will they splash another 50 or 60M on a new 27 year old striker?

Everything about Chelsea is short term and i hate them for buying titles.  I hope Tom Hicks is interested in buying a new sports team. :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm

They are the antithesis of football.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:37 pm

bunch of glory hunting rent boys.. that is what they are, I hope Roman sells them and they get relegated :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Hes just dished out £70m for new players - Im pretty sure that is a definite exclaimation point of his committment to Chelsea. He sells that club he is going to lose an absolute fortune. I dont care how much cash he already has he isnt going to walk away taking that kind of hit - even if they were to win the Champions League this season
burjennio

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

they are everything i despise about a football club. at least united earned their success, as much as it pains me to say it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Alex88 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:It could be very dark days ahead for Chelsea.

I HOPE SO

i hate chelsea, chelsea's fans and roman abramovich.
Alex88

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 pm

That summer they finished in 4th place before he took charge had they not finished 4th they would have gone into administration. Hope they win fk all. Small club, plastic fans.

a.RSED
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:31 pm

My mate supports Chelsea, very passionately as well, though like all Chelsea fans they seem to consider us their main rivals for some obscure unnown reason *cough bitter from 05*. I hate them because of that small mindedness, so f.uck em
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

stmichael wrote:they are everything i despise about a football club. at least united earned their success, as much as it pains me to say it.

Based on that reasoning Man City are potentially worse.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 pm

all the people I know are chelsea fans once the russian took over... surprised? no, bunch of glory hunters with their plastic flags :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 am

some Chelsea fans see the spending of 70mil in the last window as Roman last spin of the wheel before walking away from the table.

next year it will be very hard for him to spend money like that, i am not 100% on the new rules right now and i have heard there is a very big way to get around them just buy making an account for paying your players from and list it as its own company.
that seem a bit silly to me but who knows.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:42 pm

lakes10 wrote:some Chelsea fans see the spending of 70mil in the last window as Roman last spin of the wheel before walking away from the table.

next year it will be very hard for him to spend money like that, i am not 100% on the new rules right now and i have heard there is a very big way to get around them just buy making an account for paying your players from and list it as its own company.
that seem a bit silly to me but who knows.

If Roman does leave, it'll be funny to see what will happen to Chelsea: he will be leaving behind a squad full of overpaid players with their income not covering the expenses. The new owner will have a massive sale of players... I wonder who will buy into that situation...

That said... why would Roman spend 70 million if he's leaving... I don't think he's leaving... more probably Ancelotti will be sacked...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Yeah I doubt he will leave after just buying Torres. More likley he is going to splurge again in the summer although he can't be as brazen as he was before with UEFA looking this time.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yeah I doubt he will leave after just buying Torres. More likley he is going to splurge again in the summer although he can't be as brazen as he was before with UEFA looking this time.

do you know how its going to work bav. they are not making any profit as a club so how can they buy any players?

got to say i dont understand the new rules that are coming in that well, they seemed to have changed them a bit from when they were first spoken about.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion