Aston villa

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:09 am

Getting to be dark feckin horses these sh!tehawks, 3rd in the league 5 points behind us, play Arsenal on friday and I fancy Villa to beat them.
Have to keep our eye on these.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:52 am

certainly......the villians are very capable...especially if they strengthen in jan...
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:10 pm

I always thought Martin O'Neill is a great manager.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:30 pm

They are doing well, i watched the West Ham game and to be honest they were poor but managed to sneak the win and the three points.
I dont think they have the best of squads which may affect them in the later part of the season.
Arsene Wenger is probably really worried about facing Villa at this moment in time without Fabregas, and will Adebayor be suspended as well ?
It would be better for us if they drew so fingers crossed.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:52 pm

They're doing well by their standards this season and they have a gem in Young as well as decent attacking options in Agbonlahor and that other young lad thats popped up in the past few months.
I'll be surprised if they pose a real threat to the title run in and the only team that should be seriously worried about them is the @rse.

In typical Villa style I've no doubt there'll be a blip along the way that will consign them to the Uefa cup again next year! :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Good team,good manager who's been a success at every team he's managed.I think they are a bit short of depth overall and it will tell over the season.I still think they will finish 4th though
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:46 pm

I said weeks ago that Villa would finish ahead of Arsenal this season, and I believe they will.

Say what you like about O'Neill.  He has not endeared himself to Liverpool fans over the years and his previous teams never played pretty football, but he gets results.  What's more is that this team he has at the moment actually play some nice football too.  He is brilliant at adapting his tactics to the players at his disposal imo.

I laughed at the money they paid for Young at the time and last season Agbonlahor looked like a Sunday league player with a bit of pace imo, but both look much improved this season.

Their chairman seems a sensible guy and in combination with O'Neill and the squad they have at the moment, they have a real chance to break the top four's dominance in the coming years, but you just can't ever see them mounting a serious title challenge.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnymarcu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:39 pm

In my Country (Spain) there are a lot of local teams whose name is Aston Birra (Beer) in my league there is one for example but they are uncountable.
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby pablo_bl » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Is true Jonhymarcu:D :D :D :D :D
By the way, here Real Madrid has been set at Asley Young, how about it?
**Liverpool and Madrid always at the heart**
pablo_bl

Postby johnymarcu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:54 pm

And there is also a team called you will never drink alone :D :D
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby kan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:21 am

Honestly, I would love to see Aston Villa knock out either Chelsea or Arsenal off the Champions League.
After all, how often do we see a non-big4 team qualify for the CL?
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Kurt Cobain
kan

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:57 am

There's no question Villa have had a season to be proud of, but surprisingly they are about as far behind us now as they were at the same stage last season. As the season is progressing a clearer picture is emerging as to how everyone is ranked relatively. My take is this:

We've improved a bit, so have Villa. Because of this we are currently three points apart or something, the same as last season at this stage. We've both improved by roughly the same number of points up to this stage. We pulled clear of Villa in the last dozen games or so last season, and I think we will this time around as well.

Manchester United absolutely fell out of the blocks, but now they are coming good and IMHO are probably not far off as good as the team which won the League and Champions League last season. Should Ronaldo get his finger out of his erse (which he is showing signs of doing to be fair) they will once again look like an excellent team. IMHO we had our chance earlier in the season to put them under a huge amount of pressure, we didn't and the title probably went right there.

Both Chelsea and Arsenal are much much weaker than they were last season. I know people have found that hard to swallow in the past, but surely there can't be too many people who would deny it now.

My guess is that our "improvement" and that of Villa has been magnified by the demise of Chelsea and Arsenal. Both us and them have improved, but not by anywhere near as much as our points total would indicate. All IMHO of course    :) .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 pm

A big part of their success is having an owner who actually has the clubs interests at heart and is willing to back his manager without sticking his nose in every five minutes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion