Arsenals kids - Laughing cockneys

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Fair enough, you're not a newbie and you revere and respect Rafa.  So do many on here (including myself).  There are, however, a growing number of people who have started to raise legitimate and carefully-considered questions about the man's leadership and about how much time he should be given to mount a title challenge.  As this is one of the most fundamental questions concerning the club at the moment I've no illusions that it will generate some passionate debate--debate I have no wish to squelch.  All I'm asking is that we keep the discussion civil and respectful. :blues:

I guess my frustration at no longer being able to post new threads angered me .
If anything its proved how Newbies are viewed, and how their opinions are often  dismissed as trivial however valid they may seem
I was rebuked and received a warning ,whilst certain posters were allowed to follow up my replies with equally vociferous repostes but received no warning .
Last edited by redbeergoggles on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Why don't you send a mail to the webmaster, I think he should be able to restore the password of your old account?

As for the mods mate, they've got a difficult job, and more often than not, when a newbie focuses on a regular member it's usually an alter ego. Not in your case, who already had 500 posts +, but as I say, it's complicated.

Come on mate, chill out a bit, be welcome back, and let's discuss footie :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:02 pm

Sabre, cheers mate but I focused on Saint because of the condescending manner of his posts not his knowledge of football which I don't doubt .
In the past I think he has posted some well thought out posts,but all to often it degenerates into a tirade   against the manager and this is something I will always respond to .I suggest he doesn't reply to my posts and in the future I will not respond to any of his, we are clearly at different tangents when it comes to our respective views .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:07 pm

That's fair enough and what we suggest to regular members to do when they don't get along well, so I think we all can live with that

Your lad has probably grown from 2004, bring him here, he'll probably have more knowledge than most of us!

:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 pm

Moved in here.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Sabre wrote:That's fair enough and what we suggest to regular members to do when they don't get along well, so I think we all can live with that

Your lad has probably grown from 2004, bring him here, he'll probably have more knowledge than most of us!

:D

like I would be able to prise him off his xbox  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Fair enough, you're not a newbie and you revere and respect Rafa.  So do many on here (including myself).  There are, however, a growing number of people who have started to raise legitimate and carefully-considered questions about the man's leadership and about how much time he should be given to mount a title challenge.  As this is one of the most fundamental questions concerning the club at the moment I've no illusions that it will generate some passionate debate--debate I have no wish to squelch.  All I'm asking is that we keep the discussion civil and respectful. :blues:

I guess my frustration at no longer being able to post new threads angered me .
If anything its proved how Newbies are viewed, and how their opinions are often  dismissed as trivial however valid they may seem
I was rebuked and received a warning ,whilst certain posters were allowed to follow up my replies with equally vociferous repostes but received no warning .

Couple of things:

1) if you'd like your original identity restored, with all the posting history that that entails, send Supersub a PM with your old email or email server info.  He can reset your password for you.

2) if you really think you were hard done by you need to get a grip.  You started the ruck with Saint, you followed him to another thread to continue the spat and you got the card.  Simple.  If, as you say, you're here to actually engage in proper discussion then they'll be no more bother and the card will eventually be removed.

You did get one thing right, though.  Any newbie--real or otherwise--who comes on here and thinks he's going to have a pop at posters who have contributed to this forum week in, week out for years will be receiving cards.  You call it a "click", I call it a community.  All are welcome to join but the price of admission is showing a little respect.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:34 pm

Then Newbies will eventually become thin on the ground ,lets agree to disagree as this spat shows no signs of losing momentum .
Last edited by redbeergoggles on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:01 am

redbeergoggles wrote:Then Newbies will eventually become thin on the ground ,lets agree to disagree as this spat shows no signs of losing momentum .

We were all newbies once. Its the manner in which individuals represents themselves that gain better responses. The newbies stay and become respected members or the newbies come and appear as nothing more than a Wind Up Merchant.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:13 am

Kharhaz wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:Then Newbies will eventually become thin on the ground ,lets agree to disagree as this spat shows no signs of losing momentum .

We were all newbies once. Its the manner in which individuals represents themselves that gain better responses. The newbies stay and become respected members or the newbies come and appear as nothing more than a Wind Up Merchant.

I assure you I am not of the latter ,I merely wanted to point out how 4 years ago there was a lot more tolerance shown towards Newbies by the established posters and a hell of a lot more patience.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:24 am

redbeergoggles wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

I assure you I am not of the latter ,I merely wanted to point out how 4 years ago there was a lot more tolerance shown towards Newbies by the established posters and a hell of a lot more patience.

I am not calling you a WUM but you are saying newbies are not given a chance. They are. Moreso. This place hasnt become a haven for the long term members. Even the long term members have been given a kick up the backside. You disagree with another member on here. Thats it. Let it go, your differences are what keep these forums going. It would be mighty dull if this place was full of yes men.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:04 pm

SSN- Samir Nasri signs for Arsenal in a deal worth 15.8mil.

He's a good player, though I think 15.8mil is a bit much.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 am

redbeergoggles wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

we have a new regime and its ruled with a fist of iron

god bless them :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion