Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:05 pm

The abuse he got up at St.James' park a few weeks back,  has made him realise he's one of us now.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:47 pm wrote:
D___C » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:43 pm wrote:Yesterday was euphoric... and he has already achieved cult status for the winning goal against the bitters (for me anyway), and for that goal alone i am eternally grateful.

My assessment of him as a player hasn't changed one iota, nor should it change for anyone. For 87 minutes he was the same andy carroll. His miss after half time could have been so costly had the donkey in their backline not pesented us with a gift and set Luis clear. When he missed the sitter the camera panned to Ian Rush.. the contrast could not be greater. Will never fault his workrate, his effort... thats it.

The mistake we made in the summer, which Comolli has paid for, was signing players to cater to andy carroll. Downing, Adam, Henderson. Instead we should have been signing players to cater to Luis Suarez, by a country mile our best player. Technical mobile players, none of which those three are.

The method of play that caters to andy carroll is not a successful one. Its direct, basic, its crosses from out wide, diagonal long balls upfield, free-kicks whipped into the box.. its a throwback.. "on me head son". There is no doubt andy carroll would have had far more goals this season had he been at stoke.. an aerial bombardment into the box. The same was the case at Newcastle with Nolan/Barton and Guiteriez. He struggles when its on the floor. There is no successful side who play it in the air. That ultimately is why andy carroll will not make it here (bar being an alternative to come from the bench).

Two games , Two Andy Carroll winners .

Slating him right now just makes you look a bitter *****

I suggest you read what i stated..
D___C

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:11 pm

D___C » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:06 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:47 pm wrote:
D___C » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:43 pm wrote:Yesterday was euphoric... and he has already achieved cult status for the winning goal against the bitters (for me anyway), and for that goal alone i am eternally grateful.

My assessment of him as a player hasn't changed one iota, nor should it change for anyone. For 87 minutes he was the same andy carroll. His miss after half time could have been so costly had the donkey in their backline not pesented us with a gift and set Luis clear. When he missed the sitter the camera panned to Ian Rush.. the contrast could not be greater. Will never fault his workrate, his effort... thats it.

The mistake we made in the summer, which Comolli has paid for, was signing players to cater to andy carroll. Downing, Adam, Henderson. Instead we should have been signing players to cater to Luis Suarez, by a country mile our best player. Technical mobile players, none of which those three are.

The method of play that caters to andy carroll is not a successful one. Its direct, basic, its crosses from out wide, diagonal long balls upfield, free-kicks whipped into the box.. its a throwback.. "on me head son". There is no doubt andy carroll would have had far more goals this season had he been at stoke.. an aerial bombardment into the box. The same was the case at Newcastle with Nolan/Barton and Guiteriez. He struggles when its on the floor. There is no successful side who play it in the air. That ultimately is why andy carroll will not make it here (bar being an alternative to come from the bench).

Two games , Two Andy Carroll winners .

Slating him right now just makes you look a bitter *****

I suggest you read what i stated..

Reading what you post just confirms you are a bitter *****
Benny The Noon

Postby D___C » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:14 pm

One day.... Onnnnnnne day... Benny will actually make a point of his own rather than ... "dxxxhead".. "your a b'tter"

This is a forum... where points are meant to be made.
D___C

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 pm

I have made me point - my point is you are a bitter ***** coming on here to consistenly slate Carroll just 24 hours after he has scored the winning goal to beat the BS in a semi final ( the same game where you said it was 95% we would lose and you wouldn't watch it ) .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

See D_c, I think its obvious I don't like you, normLly o can't be assed to write a reply to you as your boring.  You have come out with the same posts since we bought Andy Carroll.  You will never see any good in him. Instead of celebrating his winning goal ypu choose to talk about the one he missed! I don't / can't understand that.  He is improving which is all we cam ask for.  Next season he will not  feel the pressure as much as this season which willl help him.  He is getting in better positions and he is scoring goals. Not sure what more YOU want
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby D___C » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 am

Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:59 pm wrote:See D_c, I think its obvious I don't like you, normLly o can't be assed to write a reply to you as your boring.  You have come out with the same posts since we bought Andy Carroll.  You will never see any good in him. Instead of celebrating his winning goal ypu choose to talk about the one he missed! I don't / can't understand that.  He is improving which is all we cam ask for.  Next season he will not  feel the pressure as much as this season which willl help him.  He is getting in better positions and he is scoring goals. Not sure what more YOU want

i suggest you start reading before typing.

I didn't say a word on Saturday and had nothing but celebratory posts. Not a solitary critique on carroll either. He scored the goal that beat the bitters at Wembley...one of the most satisfying goals in recent years (if not THE most satisfying) so i was overjoyed for that alone.

The game is finished, post match celebrations done.

If i dont see any good in him why did i state "will never fault his workrate, his effort". You must understand that whatever i state its all relative...i expect Liverpool standard players to play for Liverpool, others on here dont demand those standards.

Is Peter Crouch good enough for Liverpool? (and i liked him btw)... the answer is no, and hes a better player than andy carroll. Is Heskey good enough for Liverpool? No. We continually spend big money on average British players, which is largely why we havent mounted a serious title challenge (bar 2009) for 20 years. Its not so much that i dont rate andy carroll (for us).. hes a 12m player, but its the direct style of play we are forced to adopt when hes on the field..constant demands of "on me head"...and off the field we have also catered to him by signing players who play direct.. with a shocking transfer project that cost comolli his job. Bar Bellamy, we have not signed one player that caters to Luis Suarez. Thats a travesty.
D___C

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 am

Now, now girls, put your tits away.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:20 am

Reg » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:13 pm wrote:Now, now girls, put your tits away.

I think you stand alone on the girls putting their tits away part...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby laza » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 am wrote:The abuse he got up at St.James' park a few weeks back,  has made him realise he's one of us now.

It would be a rather delightfully irony if the events of that match proved a turning point for his career here at Reds
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 am

Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:13 am wrote:Now, now girls, put your tits away.

I'll let you suck on Benny's tits mate, not my flavour.    :eyebrow
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 am

Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:35 am wrote:

maypax's is your flavour, cheap & cheerful.  :eyebrow
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 am

Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:35 am wrote:

Reg asks Reg to suck on Benny's tits? What's going on?  :laugh:
kartiek

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 am

D___C » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 am wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:59 pm wrote:See D_c, I think its obvious I don't like you, normLly o can't be assed to write a reply to you as your boring.  You have come out with the same posts since we bought Andy Carroll.  You will never see any good in him. Instead of celebrating his winning goal ypu choose to talk about the one he missed! I don't / can't understand that.  He is improving which is all we cam ask for.  Next season he will not  feel the pressure as much as this season which willl help him.  He is getting in better positions and he is scoring goals. Not sure what more YOU want

i suggest you start reading before typing.

I didn't say a word on Saturday and had nothing but celebratory posts. Not a solitary critique on carroll either. He scored the goal that beat the bitters at Wembley...one of the most satisfying goals in recent years (if not THE most satisfying) so i was overjoyed for that alone.

The game is finished, post match celebrations done.

If i dont see any good in him why did i state "will never fault his workrate, his effort". You must understand that whatever i state its all relative...i expect Liverpool standard players to play for Liverpool, others on here dont demand those standards.

Is Peter Crouch good enough for Liverpool? (and i liked him btw)... the answer is no, and hes a better player than andy carroll. Is Heskey good enough for Liverpool? No. We continually spend big money on average British players, which is largely why we havent mounted a serious title challenge (bar 2009) for 20 years. Its not so much that i dont rate andy carroll (for us).. hes a 12m player, but its the direct style of play we are forced to adopt when hes on the field..constant demands of "on me head"...and off the field we have also catered to him by signing players who play direct.. with a shocking transfer project that cost comolli his job. Bar Bellamy, we have not signed one player that caters to Luis Suarez. Thats a travesty.

Ahhh the voice of reason:
"He scored the winning goal blah blah blah, BUT hes still sh'it..."
Blow it out your Fu*king ar'se. Some of us have been predicting what Carroll can do while you have been monotonously spewing out pure bo'llocks in order to tell us we are wrong.
Guess what babe? Youre the one who's wrong. And no matter how hard you try to bring us back on track and make us see that it was a one off and he is still the player you say he is, its not working.
Hes no Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradonna etc etc. but hes a hard working, decent, effective, young player who has just contributed to the downfall of one of the most confident bitters teams I have seen in decades. He will get even better. I will repeat that, He will get better. And if he gets it right he will be a monster. So why dont you shut your yapping fanny and fu'ck off if you dont like it because we, the true fans, are just fine with the geordie donkey
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:34 am

One of the rare times he has started back to back games and one of the rare times he scores in back to back games

This boy has potential and I think he would have a bucket more given the games

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion