Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about football is in no doubt that Carroll has skill

:wwww

what skill? I have skill too...  :laugh:

Take your boots down on saturday then!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Suggesting that the Carroll critics should fk off and support another team is a bit rich. Maybe you'll do the same when commenting on Glen Johnson. Double standards Thommo - double fkg standards! Carroll understandably has his critics.Idiots like Kerry and D-C go to far. On the other hand you and Benny expect us all to go into a semi permanent state of derision when Carroll actually scores a goal! Carroll's overall contribution has been poor. He has played a major part in our last 14 league games and we have won 3. He is not the only problem but he is certainly a very big part of it.Strikers that don't score goals simply aren't earning the massive wages they receive.i have credited Carroll with signs of improvement but to be honest given the way he has been playing that would not have been too difficult.Last night he was ok but the opposition were utter sh.ite.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

need to see a constant run of games with Carroll playing well and scoring, before i change my opinion of him.

Nice to see him score, but he's got a long, long way to go.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 pm

devaney » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 pm wrote:Suggesting that the Carroll critics should fk off and support another team is a bit rich. Maybe you'll do the same when commenting on Glen Johnson. Double standards Thommo - double fkg standards! Carroll understandably has his critics.Idiots like Kerry and D-C go to far. On the other hand you and Benny expect us all to go into a semi permanent state of derision when Carroll actually scores a goal! Carroll's overall contribution has been poor. He has played a major part in our last 14 league games and we have won 3. He is not the only problem but he is certainly a very big part of it.Strikers that don't score goals simply aren't earning the massive wages they receive.i have credited Carroll with signs of improvement but to be honest given the way he has been playing that would not have been too difficult.Last night he was ok but the opposition were utter sh.ite.

Poor Andy just can't win. Even a match winning performance dosen't win him any support. Don't forget that other players played in these last 14 matches...and we still won only 3.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:54 pm

I maybe sufferin from 'wishfull thinkin' syndrome but I have an idea the Newcastle game could well be just what Carroll needed to show him that ship's sailed and the one he's on now is the one to stick with. Last night was a real good team performance by the big fella, so maybe a corner has been turned. He didn't seem half as keen to go down, his first touch did seem better than its been of late and he put himself about as if he actually cared and had some confidence. His overall effort rating was as high as anybody on the park and above a fair few - ok effort dont make him a better player, but its been sadly lackin in the past. I think any Liverpool fan ( I apologise - most Liverpool fans!!) wants to see him succeed, as his success means our success so my fingers are crossed that for him personally this last few games marks a change in his Liverpool fortunes.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:11 pm

devaney » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 pm wrote:Suggesting that the Carroll critics should fk off and support another team is a bit rich. Maybe you'll do the same when commenting on Glen Johnson. Double standards Thommo - double fkg standards! Carroll understandably has his critics.Idiots like Kerry and D-C go to far. On the other hand you and Benny expect us all to go into a semi permanent state of derision when Carroll actually scores a goal! Carroll's overall contribution has been poor. He has played a major part in our last 14 league games and we have won 3. He is not the only problem but he is certainly a very big part of it.Strikers that don't score goals simply aren't earning the massive wages they receive.i have credited Carroll with signs of improvement but to be honest given the way he has been playing that would not have been too difficult.Last night he was ok but the opposition were utter sh.ite.

Not double standards at all. When I criticise Johnson its because I expect more than hes giving. He is LFC and englands first pick right back and a seasoned professional who has won the PL, the FA cup and the league cup twice. He has a vast amount of experience and can be, on his day, a world beater. I have never, ever said he was sh'it or a waste of money. In fact I have said many times he is a good player who could become great if he tried harder, which is why I get so frustrated with him.
That is totally different to the sh'it Carroll gets. I dont want people to come in their kecks because he scored last night. I believe his contribution overall has been good but he has been lacking in putting the ball in the net. He has improved and will continue improving and last nights performance was one of the best Ive seen out of him in a red shirt. Im not exaggerating when I say we need to make him feel wanted if we want the best out of him. Do it and and he will respond. I know people will say his pay packet should be all the motivation he needs but thats not true is it? Look at Torres or Heskey. They needed to be loved by the fans and they paid it back in goals.
Carroll seems (hopefully) to be realising that not all LFC fans think hes an overpriced, overpaid useless donkey and are willing to give him a chance to prove those that think that way wrong.
Lets hope he starts on saturday and smashes the fu'ck out of the bitters defence.
COYRM!
Thommo's perm

Postby D___C » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 am

I agree with everything bar the idiot comment.

I watched the entire game again... and anyone that gives carroll above 4 out of 10 for that performance is full of it.

He did two things the entire game.. one a neat lay off midway in the 2nd half.. the second was the goal which came from the direct long ball method that caters to his limitations. The very goal we scored at the end when we lashed it up Wimbledon style.. if we played that way week in week out we would finish no higher than midtable. And its this that is primarily my point. Not only is carroll not good enough (12m is his value) but the style of play that caters to him is bogstandard. Newcastle played this way last season and were 12th... since he left they bought better players, play it on the floor, and they are challenging for the CL. If this was a one off (long ball up) great.. no complaints.. but it has to be the norm in the team with carroll in it.

Getting on the end of a long ball is exactly his game... thats it. Its beyond garbage.. its anti-football. When we play it on the floor hes lost. He doesnt possess the basic skill set. His passing and movement is diabolical. His shooting is wayward to say the least (his best effort he almost put in our net) and also missed a guilt edged chance to put us up 3-1. Getting on the end of a direct move after another subpar performance doesnt mask the inadequacy of the player... he, henderson, adam, spearing, shelvey.. are the new blood that has seen us have our worst season in over half a century. The standards have fallen so low at this club that a donkey gets on the end of a direct move and the apologists come out in force, We are a midtable side with midtable players... but hey, we nicked a late winner wimbledon style at the second worst team in the league. Its indicative of how far we have fallen. Maybe im missing something... maybe we are this average and should lower my expectations and accept it as others seem to.
D___C

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:08 am

KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 pm wrote:I maybe sufferin from 'wishfull thinkin' syndrome but I have an idea the Newcastle game could well be just what Carroll needed to show him that ship's sailed and the one he's on now is the one to stick with. Last night was a real good team performance by the big fella, so maybe a corner has been turned. He didn't seem half as keen to go down, his first touch did seem better than its been of late and he put himself about as if he actually cared and had some confidence. His overall effort rating was as high as anybody on the park and above a fair few - ok effort dont make him a better player, but its been sadly lackin in the past. I think any Liverpool fan ( I apologise - most Liverpool fans!!) wants to see him succeed, as his success means our success so my fingers are crossed that for him personally this last few games marks a change in his Liverpool fortunes.

Good post .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:15 am

RedAnt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:49 pm wrote:

Poor Andy just can't win. Even a match winning performance dosen't win him any support. Don't forget that other players played in these last 14 matches...and we still won only 3.

Well his detractors have had a few hours abstinence from posting , more than enough time to compose a few rancid jibes to remind the forum
why its more fun slating the fucking team than praising them when they do well .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:37 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:08 pm wrote:
KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 pm wrote:I maybe sufferin from 'wishfull thinkin' syndrome but I have an idea the Newcastle game could well be just what Carroll needed to show him that ship's sailed and the one he's on now is the one to stick with. Last night was a real good team performance by the big fella, so maybe a corner has been turned. He didn't seem half as keen to go down, his first touch did seem better than its been of late and he put himself about as if he actually cared and had some confidence. His overall effort rating was as high as anybody on the park and above a fair few - ok effort dont make him a better player, but its been sadly lackin in the past. I think any Liverpool fan ( I apologise - most Liverpool fans!!) wants to see him succeed, as his success means our success so my fingers are crossed that for him personally this last few games marks a change in his Liverpool fortunes.

Good post .

Valid point.  It's like being in a relationship that ends... Sometimes you just can't let go until you realize the other person is done and over you  :D

You could see how ***** he was that the Newcastle fans treated him like Sh*t even tho they had no right to.  I thought he played well that game, and he was really good for us yesterday, so I'm hoping he can turn a corner now.  His touch was good, but he was playing so much smarter when it came to getting into the right position.  He missed that diving header off the corner, but the way he broke off Hanley, who wouldn't keep his f*cking hands off of him, was brilliant.  People slate him for the miss, but if he would have made it everybody would be talking about how amazing the goal was... It wasn't an easy chance.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kukilon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:43 am

D___C » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 pm wrote:

I watched the entire game again... and anyone that gives carroll above 4 out of 10 for that performance is full of it.

He did two things the entire game.. one a neat lay off midway in the 2nd half.. the second was the goal which came from the direct long ball method that caters to his limitations. The very goal we scored at the end when we lashed it up Wimbledon style.. if we played that way week in week out we would finish no higher than midtable. And its this that is primarily my point. Not only is carroll not good enough (12m is his value) but the style of play that caters to him is bogstandard. Newcastle played this way last season and were 12th... since he left they bought better players, play it on the floor, and they are challenging for the CL. If this was a one off (long ball up) great.. no complaints.. but it has to be the norm in the team with carroll in it.

Getting on the end of a long ball is exactly his game... thats it. Its beyond garbage.. its anti-football. When we play it on the floor hes lost. He doesnt possess the basic skill set. His passing and movement is diabolical. His shooting is wayward to say the least (his best effort he almost put in our net) and also missed a guilt edged chance to put us up 3-1. Getting on the end of a direct move after another subpar performance doesnt mask the inadequacy of the player... he, henderson, adam, spearing, shelvey.. are the new blood that has seen us have our worst season in over half a century. The standards have fallen so low at this club that a donkey gets on the end of a direct move and the apologists come out in force, We are a midtable side with midtable players... but hey, we nicked a late winner wimbledon style at the second worst team in the league. Its indicative of how far we have fallen. Maybe im missing something... maybe we are this average and should lower my expectations and accept it as others seem to.

Agree with most except that I actually thought Andy fought a little more this game. My biggest gripe against him is not that he has limited skills but that he doesn't run enough and fight for every ball. He would be a great potential impact sub when meeting certain teams and that's how I see him. I will still never accept the price we bought him for... heads should roll because of it.

Kuyt is not a brilliant in every aspect but he gets the love because of his die hard attitude. Any player giving me that will get my respect and also not get on the end of my "bashing stick".
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:44 am

Kukilon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:43 am wrote:
D___C » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 pm wrote:

Agree with most except that I actually thought Andy fought a little more this game. My biggest gripe against him is not that he has limited skills but that he doesn't run enough and fight for every ball. He would be a great potential impact sub when meeting certain teams and that's how I see him. I will still never accept the price we bought him for... heads should roll because of it. 12 million pounds and a low wage should be his worth.

Kuyt is not a brilliant in every aspect but he gets the love because of his die hard attitude. Any player giving me that will get my respect and also not get on the end of my "bashing stick".
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 am

Kukilon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:44 am wrote:Agree with most except that I actually thought Andy fought a little more this game. My biggest gripe against him is not that he has limited skills but that he doesn't run enough and fight for every ball. He would be a great potential impact sub when meeting certain teams and that's how I see him. I will still never accept the price we bought him for... heads should roll because of it. 12 million pounds and a low wage should be his worth.

Save us all from your bashing stick  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:15 am wrote:
RedAnt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:49 pm wrote:

Well his detractors have had a few hours abstinence from posting , more than enough time to compose a few rancid jibes to remind the forum
why its more fun slating the fucking team than praising them when they do well .

We nearly bin a 2-0 lead again for the second time in a few weeks and you actually think we did well. Blackburn are absolute utter rubbish and we should have gone on to win 5-0 or greater. Instead we struggle to actually win 3-2 and you seem to think it was a great achievement. To be frank we should be able to dispose of the likes of Blackburn quite easily even with ten men. I hate to be so negative about the team I have supported for nearly 50 years but I'm living in the real world. We will play a vastly different game on Saturday because we seem to have the ability to raise our performances against the likes of Everton and the top teams. This is as much a management motivation problem as a player problem. If the team listen to Kenny's after match comments they probably think everything is wonderful and that we are top of the league!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 am

Who claimed everything was rosey again? Carroll played well. As Hansen said, he's showing the "green shoots of recovery". I like that phrase because it points to how shell shocked the lad is. He's playing well below his ability.
Get off his back and support him for a change.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion