2016/17 Other Scores Significant Or Not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:42 pm

To be fair to Chelsea they have been on a good run since they were beaten by us and Arsenal.
They have beaten Leicester, United, Southampton and now Everton (scoring plenty of goals along the way too - Leicester 3-0, United 4-0 and Everton 5-0)
Everton had the second best defence in the league before tonight!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:09 am

Great bit of work by Boro though as we are playing Watford. I be more nervous then normal because this where we usually have a misstep.

Rafa really got the Toons firing, 8 points clear of third place now
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Typical Everton, getting tw@tted whenever they have the opportunity to do us a bit of a favour by winning.  :glare:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Man U playing Arsenal and i have to say I'm actually rooting for a Man U win...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Man U 1 - Arsenal 1...

not a bad result i guess but Man U win would've served our top 4 ambitions better...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:29 pm

West Ham 1-0 up at Spurs. I expect Spurs to throw the kitchen sink at them second half though, I'll be genuinely surprised if the game finished that way.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Newcastle have beaten Leeds 2-0 at Elland Road which means Rafa is now 5 points clear at the top on level games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Every time I watch Boro's Adama Traore, I'm very impressed. He doesn't have a whole lot of end product right now, but he's only 20 years old and understandably raw. He reminds me of Gareth Bale with his ability to go past anybody, and people just having to foul him to stop him. Both Arsenal and Chelsea couldn't handle his pace, and with some proper development I could see him becoming quite the star.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:39 am

ethanr » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 pm wrote:Every time I watch Boro's Adama Traore, I'm very impressed. He doesn't have a whole lot of end product right now, but he's only 20 years old and understandably raw. He reminds me of Gareth Bale with his ability to go past anybody, and people just having to foul him to stop him. Both Arsenal and Chelsea couldn't handle his pace, and with some proper development I could see him becoming quite the star.

Yeah me too, admittedly he is quite wasteful at times but as you say he can go past even the best defenders like they aren't even there. He's only 20 as well so he's only going to get better and better. Wouldn't mind us putting a bid in for him tbh.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:39 am wrote:
ethanr » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 pm wrote:Every time I watch Boro's Adama Traore, I'm very impressed. He doesn't have a whole lot of end product right now, but he's only 20 years old and understandably raw. He reminds me of Gareth Bale with his ability to go past anybody, and people just having to foul him to stop him. Both Arsenal and Chelsea couldn't handle his pace, and with some proper development I could see him becoming quite the star.

Yeah me too, admittedly he is quite wasteful at times but as you say he can go past even the best defenders like they aren't even there. He's only 20 as well so he's only going to get better and better. Wouldn't mind us putting a bid in for him tbh.

Same here. Was trying to think of players who could come in and provide something similar to what Mane provides; pace, trickery, and width when needed. He'll become a cracking player and it's only a matter of time before one of the big boys snaps him up.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:06 am

Good old Rafa, he will have promotion wrapped up before Christmas :D

Amazing that after 12 games Spurs are unbeaten but still only fifth
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 am

aCe' » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:08 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:39 am wrote:

Same here. Was trying to think of players who could come in and provide something similar to what Mane provides; pace, trickery, and width when needed. He'll become a cracking player and it's only a matter of time before one of the big boys snaps him up.

We just got rid of one headless chicken in Ibe... Who right about now is running around Bournemouth looking for his £29K Rolex..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:22 am

As Ace says mate I think it's only a matter of time before a CL club (either here or abroad) picks him up. Granted Traore can be a bit of a headless chicken but as promising as Ibe was he couldn't embarrass top defenders like this lad can.
I think Klopp could mould him into something special and he would be devastating in an attack like ours.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:00 am

Traore is now what Ibe has been trying to be for years. Ibe's not nearly as fast, and has no technical ability. Traore actually dribbles around people and is so quick they can't keep up. Ibe got lost any time he didn't run completely straight, and lost the ball as soon as a defender was directly in front of him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Chelsea leading 2-1
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion