Newkit general election - Where are our votes going?

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Newkit general election - Where are our votes going?

Labour
16%
Conservative
16%
Lib Dem
28%
UKIP
3%
BNP
6%
SNP/Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
6%
I'm under 18
No votes
I won't be voting
25%

Total votes : 32

Postby Woollyback » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

who's everyone gonna be voting for on may 6th?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:45 pm

votematch

Answer the questions to see who you should vote for !
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 pm

RedSi35 wrote:votematch

Answer the questions to see who you should vote for !

tried that last week and its a load of old balls, said i should vote UKIP even though i'm pro-europe  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 pm

77% UKIP
BNP 62%
Lib Dems 36%

lol

Lib Dems nailed it yesterday, I'd vote for them in a second. Cons and Labour, same tune in a different suit.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:45 pm

I've always voted labour and I no doubt will again this time, even though I'm no fan of Brown. I thought Clegg won the debate yesterday, and I don't think it matters that much who wins. I think it will a hung parliament with the Liberals and Labour hotch potching together a deal.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:34 pm

I reckon its a hung Parliament as well. I've always been conservative so thats where I'm going this year but I live in Labour land so I dont expect my vote to count for much :D . I was impressed with Clegg FWIW
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:77% UKIP
BNP 62%
Lib Dems 36%

lol

Lib Dems nailed it yesterday, I'd vote for them in a second. Cons and Labour, same tune in a different suit.

My BNP result was higher than that  :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Woollyback » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:03 pm

nick clegg did indeed walk off with the honours last night, but it's a piece of p1$$ for the lib dems. they can tell us what we want to hear and promise the earth, safe in the knowledge that they'll never actually have to deliver it

having said that i'd vote for them in a flash if they had a serious chance of becoming the govt, as i reckon the other two need a good kick up the crimper and it'd be interesting to see if cleggy & cable could do any better

but meanwhile back in the real world i'm not sure who i'm voting for yet

PS who voted BNP? whoever you are, go shove a cactus up yer @r$e
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Where's the option: I'm not British?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:49 pm

damjan193 wrote:Where's the option: I'm not British?

abroad, somewhere
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Labour . Cannot have that shower of Thatcherite wannabees in power again . No siree my memory is long .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Which :censored: on here voted BNP? ??? :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:21 am

None. They are all in it for themself, they are all scummy b@stards as the expenses doo dah has shown. Whoever you vote for is no better than what we have now. A shower of useless, selfish, lying b@stards. The fact is, most of the MP's were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and are looking to replace it with a gold one. It really doesnt matter who gets in, different personnel, same results.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:12 am

On the day that Gordon Brown finally fired the starting pistol on what is expected to be the closest general election for decades, here is an arresting - and rather depressing - thought from the Electoral Reform Society.

Some 25 million voters in safe seats will not see a real contest, according to the ERS. As a result some 382 MPs are effectively ‘elected for life’, in seats that are not only ‘safe as houses’ but even ‘earthquake-proof’.

The winners of these seats could be announced today, the ERS concludes – there is certainly little need to go through the formalities of campaigning.

‘A hearty congratulations to all our new MPs for a hard fought campaign,’ Dr Ken Ritchie, chief executive of the ERS said today.

‘Having won the backing of their party members, they can now pack their bags for Westminster. These winners will take their seats in Britain’s Safe Parliament.’

Voters will never be able to boot these MPs out under our present electoral system, Ritchie says.

‘Most will leave office on conditions of their own choosing after careers measuring into decades. They are likely to include our future Prime Ministers, our future leaders of the opposition, and all the great office holders of state. They form a class of MPs that are, quite simply, elected for life.

‘2010 offers a tale of two elections – and two electorates. One that matters, and one that doesn’t. And for over 25 million of us, who just happen to live in safe seats, this contest is already over.'

Ritchie’s point, of course, is that the electoral system needs a radical overhaul. The ERS proposes a ‘Single Transferable Vote (STV)’ system, which he argues would ‘make all seats competitive at a stroke’.

‘The money, the time and the leaders would stop chasing the few of us with a vote that matters,’ he says.

‘The expenses crisis awakened people to the inability of ordinary voters to hold these people to account. And for any naive enough to think the crisis might trigger a political earthquake, remember these seats are earthquake-proof thanks to our antique voting system.’

So what do you think, then, has the Electoral Reform Society got a point? Do those of you in safe seats feel disenfranchised? Do you feel that your vote on 6 May will make any difference? Or do we need to overhaul our political system and introduce some kind of proportional representation?

Link.

So there it is. If a majority of the country decide to say "sod it, your all worthless" it doesnt matter.

All your vote is doing is giving the safe seats an indication of which way to place their vote, not that it matters.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Labour . Cannot have that shower of Thatcherite wannabees in power again . No siree my memory is long .

and Labopur have really improved things in the past whatever years  :D

They are all scum. Lib Dems are the only ones honest enough to say they'll raise taxes and what they can actually do, but they'll never wni

And Bav, I have no idea who put BNP, but my mates at work who are not white and took that test all scored higher than me on BNP!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls