Cattle market - Greed

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:33 am

It seems that no matter what amount of money swells your coffers ,Real Madrids cherry picking of the cream of european talent is in the relentless mode ,the Mancs and Chelsea are being usurped at every turn ,our once glorious game is now a ubiquitous cattle market for the gluttonous and affluent ........
I Seriously feel that football as we perceive it to be ,is on a dangerous tangent which will gradually take it away from the common working class fan ,and there is little we can do to redeem it .
I think as in regards to our players ,who are being unceremoniously courted by Real Madrid and the like ,need to realize that its the fans that follow Liverpool week in and week out ,those that are so unyielding in their support that really make Liverpool special ,something that will always elude the erratic and capricious Madrid fans ........
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 am

You're talking about it as if this is some new development...it was ManU first, then Chelsea and now someone new. It'll all continue until the bubble bursts and it might not be far around the corner.

Does that mean that players will suddenly stop being footballers if there is no money...don't think so.

It'll never be the same as in the 60's/70's, but I think there will be a time when you get back to real values.

In meantime, who gives a Sh!Te, just support your team and be confident that the history of the club goes before everything and will prevail
Homebooby

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:11 am

Firstly I never indicated it was a new development ,and as for your take on the game revolving full circle and eventually returning back to "real values " ,well if I was wearing sleeves I would be laughing up them :D ,oh and in regards to supporting my team I would follow the Red men  if they were in the Blue Square fella ,the bane of being a Scouser I suppose ,but thanks for your imput it was invaluable .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:36 pm

It seems the stench of arrogance emanating from Spain shows no sign of subsiding ,now we have statements in the Spanish press such as Real Madrid want the issue solved as soon as possible or they will walk away from any possible  deal .

I suspect if  Benitez threw rocks at the supercilious b@stards they still wouldn't get the fundamental message ,so it seems we will have to endure their ignorance for now ,and wait until they pack away the Big Top and take the clowns and the performing seals back on the road .

I suspect in regards to the public courting of Alonso and the shameless love in surrounding Mascherano and Messi there is no smoke without fire ,I cant believe any of the aforementioned  players have not had the decency to declare their allegiance to the team and supposedly the fans they hold so dear .

Maybe I am being a bit naive but teams rarely go after established players if they think they are happy and settled, ie Reina  and Torres ,which leaves me with the uncomfortable deduction Alonso and co maybe have a very different incentive ........
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm

I'll have a go at being American here, what about cap limits? :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Whilst that was more than a passable attempt to completely Americanise the thread, it is hardly a practical solution the way Real Madrid and Co have been throwing money around (well done though, on the American perspective :D  )
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:03 pm

It seems an update is warranted ,I had hoped Liverpool could have avoided any such scenario ,but it now seems I was sadly mistaken .
I had originally been under the impression Alonso's veins contained red blood ,and now I am led to believe its the sawdust from the Spanish  circus ,it seems  we have lost one of our most creative players to the  ringmaster ,and Xabi's future is amongst the sideshow freaks and performing seals .

I find this particular development sad as Alonso,s name could have been spoken in the same revered tones as Molby and some of Liverpool's more illustrious names .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Now Madrid have wheeled out Raul to tell us all how much he covets Alonso ,this is making me more than  slightly  bilious ,anyone else think this is more cringe worthy than an episode of Highway to Heaven ?    :ghostface:
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Real Madrid  are on the verge of purloining one of our few players worthy of the term World class ,and they seem to be determined to undervalue him and his importance to Liverpool ,I have always loathed Madrid but now and just of late their crassness and arrogance when huddled around the negotiating table is contemptible .

Xabi is going so please can we put these negotiations to bed as soon as possible as the least time we spend around this tawdry excuse for a club the better it will be ,because if I have to endure Dudek and Co performing like hand puppets at every press conference I will seriously vomit :(
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion