Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

More creativity required - Rugby code debate

League
50%
Union
50%

Total votes : 8

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:02 am

this is a tough one for me. the rules of league seem to lend i to (more or less) one pass runs until the last tackle then kick it, but do require a bit of ingenuity when it comes to the business end of breaking down defenses to score trys.  Whereas union is more of a blaNck canvass where anything could happen at anytime (although, imo most of the time its boring as sh.it

so as I see it:

league: lots of moments of small creativity

union (at its highest level): potential for few moments of brilliance

as I am more or less brand new to both codes, hell I am still new to association football I could have got this totally wrong. Either way will be interesting the results.

p.s. I also think that all the penalty kicking takes away from union and makes it more boring. It seems sometimes that teams just try and earn the kick and 3 point teams to death.
JoeTerp

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:22 pm

All about league for me, much more free flowing, more chances, more exciting etc etc
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:32 am

League, hands down.
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:14 am

Union for me.

Whereas union is more of a black canvass where anything could happen at anytime (although, imo most of the time its boring as sh.it

Surprised by this Joe. There's a lot of component parts to a game of Rugby Union, the battle between the scrums, the line outs , the tactical kicking for position, the rucks the mauls etc etc. Not knocking Rugby League but for me it doesn't have the dimension found in rugby union .

Union at the top flight is a brilliant spectacle.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:34 am

that is supposed to say blank canvass

I think for one thing, as a newbie with nobody to really help explain it, I find it much harder to understand the decisions that players make, especially in the kicking game, in union.

Plus I think the whole idea of line outs are kind of dumb, and all the rucking and counter rucking slows the game down a bit too, something that league shares with american football, as well as the idea of a "tackle set" which I guess is why I like league better  :D   )

that said, top level union is brilliant and I can really appreciate union highlights and find them more exciting than league highlights.
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:18 am

Union has far more flare than League.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:03 am

everyone seems to be pretty sure of themselves. . . .   and yet the voting is 50/50 :D
JoeTerp

Return to Non Football Related Polls