Match fixing - Rumour

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:13 am

There is a rumour  going around on another forum that I use that there is going to be an announcement by the end of the week concerning match fixing, possibly in the FA Cup final

A Mirror journalist posted the following on a Blackburn forum:

"Might be a very big story hitting football world later in the week. But I can't say just yet."

"I can't say what the tale is but it is a very interesting one...I would love to go into some detail but there are people who keep an eye on titbits and can let you down. I can't write it just now because I've been sworn to secrecy on this for the moment.

There could be an announcement on this on Tuesday - but it is relating to something that happened just over a month ago.

It will be the first time this has happened and it will be interesting to see how football handles it.

Hoping to be able to write this but it is a very hard one to touch until it goes 'official.'

Rest assured it doesn't affect your club but it will cause an awful lot of talk...and raise some serious questions."

"I won't go into the whole thing as it's not my place to say, but basically OASAAS has a contact high up who says that 'allegedly' 4 players will be in big big big fuck with the FA and police soon due to 'allegedly' match fixing for the first goal scored during a very prestigious game in May, I won't name names but I can certainly say I was happy to see at least one of them mentioned!

Apparently the talk is of 4 year bans.

It could be a load of shite and nothing might happen but if it is true it will be pretty big

We will wait and see........
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:27 am

Damn... Hope its true  :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:52 pm

the only match fixing that EVER concerned me was the allegation that 'brucie grobglaar' (in our goal) had been taking part in such games of the like of the 3-3 draw against the mancs. what atotall load of b0ll0ck that was! he was an still is an LFC legend in my point of view. but it must of really hurt an alarmed him like myself that he would an could do anything that would offend, & totally dis-respect LFC in such a way.

just try an imagine that if he even considered such an evil act an that no one connected with the club would of found out what he was about or going to do, especially against the mancs that he would ever get out of the city alive is beyond me.

match fixing allegations have gone on for years an will continue to do so as long as the fecking sh1t stiring feck wit reporters ae allowed to do so.

if anyone on here doesn't remember the 'BG' allegation, then i urge you to do your research cause it really p1sses me off to think that anyone who thinks a goal keeper or any player for that matter can influence a result of a game, the score etc is fecking clueless.

if anyone had said that after being 3-0 doen to the mancs an still in the first half was fixed -feck off -nigel clough scored two brilliant goals which made it 2-3 at half time. second half came the famous red revival, an eventually made it 3-3 what a fecking great header from 'razor' ruddock!

after which it was a fecking nervy time , chances at both ends, but  BRUCIE made at least two fecking great saves to ensure we got our well deserved point.  by the way IMHO there was nothing he could do for there goals anyway. it was a combo of luck on their part an sh1t defending on ours.

so to say match fixing goes on- even in this day all i say is fecking prove it beyond any doubt or shut the feck up you sh1t stiring journo tw@ts.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:02 am

I have an open mind on whether he was or he wasn't. I just don't know mate. I know it bankrupted him anyway. I think on appeal he got £1 in damages and had to pay all his own expenses.
account deleted by request

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:59 am

s@int wrote:I have an open mind on whether he was or he wasn't. I just don't know mate. I know it bankrupted him anyway. I think on appeal he got £1 in damages and had to pay all his own expenses.

why? to even have an open mind is somthing i will not accept! do you remember the time s@int. it fecking st@nk of bu11sh1t media rumour nothing else. i was one of many at the time who went regular to games, had me own spec on the kop at the time, me own favourite place behind the the goal half way up the back of the kop. let me say mate there was fecking up-roar when is allegation came out! no prove, no solid evidence etc.

i was at 'one' of the so called games where brucie was supossed to influence the result of the game! i'm telling you mate,there is NO way he had any influence on that game, how could he- if he was gien money on a so called result of 1-1 or 2-1 whatever you want to say,how the feck can he influence us not scoring at the other end & not concede moe goals his was to alleged to agee on letting in, in the first place.

please mate agree it just can't happen!  but for me bruce grobbalar loved LFC. & it was a fecking disgrace. he was never charged with any such allegation, or even proved that he had any involvement of anything connected with the so called allegation.

as i say if you haven't seen the 3-3 draw against the mancs in one of the so called gameshe was accused of 'throwing' i strongly urge you to watch it as it will show you that brucie  had nothing but passion for LFC an wanting to give 100% in his performance in every game, i was there mate i can honestley say he was nothing but brilliant an LFC through & through that night.

if their was even a chance he was guilty to you honestley think he would even want to come anywhere near anfield again, as he does to this day- let alone the city. that's why he paid his own expenses -to show he had nothing to hide, an kept his dignity an LFC an everyone connected with the club admired him for it.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 am

I am not arguing either way as I always liked him mate, but I did see the video of him accepting the money. I also read Brucies book (written well before the incident) and that didn't help him much either. You would have to read the book to know what I mean.

From Wiki
Grobbelaar pleaded not guilty, claiming he was only gathering evidence with the intent of taking it to the police. After two successive trials, in both of which the jury could not agree on a verdict, he and his co-defendants were cleared in November 1997. Grobbelaar later sued The S*n for libel and was awarded £85,000. The Sun appealed, and the case was eventually taken to the House of Lords where it was found that, though the specific allegations had not been proved, there was adequate evidence of dishonesty. The Lords slashed his award to £1, the lowest libel damages possible under English law, and ordered him to pay The Sun's legal costs, estimated at £500,000. In his judgement, Lord Bingham of Cornhill observed:

"The tort of defamation protects those whose reputations have been unlawfully injured. It affords little or no protection to those who have, or deserve to have, no reputation deserving of legal protection. Until 9 November 1994 when the newspaper published its first articles about him, the appellant's public reputation was unblemished. But he had in fact acted in a way in which no decent or honest footballer would act and in a way which could, if not exposed and stamped on, undermine the integrity of a game which earns the loyalty and support of millions."[2]

Grobbelaar was unable to pay the costs and was declared bankrupt.

Like I said mate, I just don't know.

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 pm

he wasn't found guilty mate of any wrong doing, that video you refer to i also saw mate an it could of been for an audition for 'watch out beadles about'. it was a p1ss take! you couldn't make out what anyone said,nor what was actually happening. i still say to this day i only want to see facts! their has an never will be facts, that brucie had an would do anything that evil,not just in his LFC playing days but in life in general.

the man is of honest integredty, i watched his video an reserched his background into what his roots were his desire an attitude towads making him the best possible person in life an what he wanted to achieve as a result of that.

mate i think we will just have to agree to dis-agree on this, as i will always believe an know that from the reseach i have done brucie was, is &  always be inocent of any so called match fixing IMHO. I HAVE NO DOBT ABOUT THAT WHAT'S SO EVER.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 am

redhayesy wrote:he wasn't found guilty mate of any wrong doing, that video you refer to i also saw mate an it could of been for an audition for 'watch out beadles about'. it was a p1ss take! you couldn't make out what anyone said,nor what was actually happening. i still say to this day i only want to see facts! their has an never will be facts, that brucie had an would do anything that evil,not just in his LFC playing days but in life in general.

the man is of honest integredty, i watched his video an reserched his background into what his roots were his desire an attitude towads making him the best possible person in life an what he wanted to achieve as a result of that.

mate i think we will just have to agree to dis-agree on this, as i will always believe an know that from the reseach i have done brucie was, is &  always be inocent of any so called match fixing IMHO. I HAVE NO DOBT ABOUT THAT WHAT'S SO EVER.

Fair enough mate, like I said I am open minded, if there were more "facts" available maybe I could make my mind up one way or the other :D

As for match fixing in general, I think it does go on, I think there is too much money involved for it not to. When the difference between staying up and being relegated is counted in the 10's of millions I am sure that the odd player/official/manager etc gives in to temptation.

Did you read Tommy Smiths book mate? I just didn't know what to think. I certainly don't think he should have said it AFTER Emlyn had died and couldn't defend himself.

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:27 am

I think some managers of bigger clubs would be up for a "bung", in order to field a weakened team in the last game of the season. Teams in the midst of a relegation scrap should be able to muster up a few hundred grand in order to facilitate them staying up. I'll bet that's happened.

DISCLAIMER- I don't hate Rafa with a passion and I'm not suggesting he has taken bungs.

DISCLAIMER 2- I wouldn't have used a disclaimer and apologise to John for doing so, but there are numpties abound around here who would claim that was what I was saying.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:23 am

bigmick wrote:I think some managers of bigger clubs would be up for a "bung", in order to field a weakened team in the last game of the season. Teams in the midst of a relegation scrap should be able to muster up a few hundred grand in order to facilitate them staying up. I'll bet that's happened.

DISCLAIMER- I don't hate Rafa with a passion and I'm not suggesting he has taken bungs.

DISCLAIMER 2- I wouldn't have used a disclaimer and apologise to John for doing so, but there are numpties abound around here who would claim that was what I was saying.

:laugh: you are swimming in dangerous waters now Mick...... especially with our record against relegation fodder over the past few years  :D

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:18 am

That's why I put the disclaimers in mate. It would have been only a matter of time before numpties are us were stomping all over it throwing expletives about and getting the wrong end of the stick entirely. You really do have to be careful what you say if you don't want to get embroiled in a sh!t fight.

Long as you stick to pure football you're generally Ok though, so at least you can usually have a sensible discussion in there without fearing that you're upsetting anyone.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:33 am

Your starting to get a bit paranoid mick it seems
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:13 pm

No paranoia mate, I just thought I'd clarify what I meant so other posters wouldn't get the wrong impression. Sometimes people can get the wrong end of the stick, and then it just gets daft. I should have said that I didn't hate rafa with a passion and that I didn't dream of his wedding tackle when I started a thread asking whether we should have signed Owen on a free. I didn't though and it was my mistake.

There's no wonder some posters thought that that was actually what I meant when I started that particular thread, it was a simple enough mistake to make really. Hopefully this time it's fairly clear what I mean.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:30 pm

the only match fixing that EVER concerned me was the allegation that 'brucie grobglaar' (in our goal) had been taking part in such games of the like of the 3-3 draw against the mancs. what atotall load of b0ll0ck that was! he was an still is an LFC legend in my point of view. but it must of really hurt an alarmed him like myself that he would an could do anything that would offend, & totally dis-respect LFC in such a way.

It's going back a bit Redhaysey but wasn't something said about one of our game against Newcastle,(forgotten the score but we got battered), strange betting patterns in Malaysia and Brucie having a real stinker. At the time (of the match) I thought some of Brucies errors were the kind you'd see at schoolboy level. When the talk about betting syndicates came out I was left wondering about Brucies performance that day, and I loved the fella.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion