New signing - Teletext

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby graham.raid » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:30 am

can anyone help me last night on the liverpool teletext it was saying about liverpool getting someone new but outside the transfer window has anyone got any news ???  ???
graham.raid

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:41 am

Yes it is not happening, UEFA rules do not allow any clubs to purchase and register a player outside the recognised transfer windows.

I am pretty sure we wont sign anyone else.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby graham.raid » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:51 am

thought it could have been a player out of contract i thought they would be able to sign but couldn`t think of anyone other than wiltord but think he has signed ofr lyon now (not sure)
graham.raid

Postby Matt D » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:57 am

I Think it is still possible to sign players on a free transfer and maybe on loan too as there have been talks of Kirkland going to Coventry on a loan basis - but this i am sure will not go through as i feel RB will soon require his services
Matt D

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:05 am

Under the rules we can:

(a) sign a player out of contract and without a club.
(b) sell or loan a player to the Championship sides (although this could yet be challenged by FIFA)

We cannot:

© buy a player either for free or for money
(d) sign a player on loan.

There will be no new signings unless the club gives a trial to an out of contract player and then sign him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:14 am

i'm clarified, JBG. but it leads me to more questions
wat bout cortez? he's to be free? and what is "championship sides"? why challenged by FIFA?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby graham.raid » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:17 am

ok thanx for that.
hope for are sake they do not let kirkland go on loan we would be in the s**t then
graham.raid

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:20 am

I dont know if he can come to us or not ???
Mistas contract us up in 2 months

Real Mallorca full-back David Cortes has lamented the failed attempt to take him to Liverpool before Tuesday's transfer deadline.

The 25-year-old had insisted on Tuesday that he was optimistic a deal to take him to Anfield could be thrashed out.

"There is interest, but Liverpool still have not got in contact with the club, so all I can do is wait and see what happens," he told El Diario de Mallorca, although his agent Tente Sanchez was less optimistic.

"If there is still no news, it looks as if it will be complicated for it to happen," Sanchez said at the time.

In the end it was Sanchez who was proved correct, leaving Cortes stranded with the Balearic Islands outfit at least until the transfer market reopens in December.

"Liverpool put the candy very close in front of me. It was a great opportunity, but, for reasons I will never know, I am staying here," said the defender who hinted that the deal failed because the Reds had not managed to offload some of their present playing staff.

"If they had to get rid of a couple of players then they shouldn't have shown interest," he said.

"I'm not going to lose sleep over it between now and December. I've had all pre-season like that so now I am going to concentrate on Mallorca - nothing else."  ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby graham.raid » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:40 am

good point so how would it stand with mista if he is free in 2 months would he be able to come or would he still have to wait???
would be good if he could come as i think we still need someone else for up front cisse and baros will do well but what if one gets injured i don`t think pong is there yet he needs more time
graham.raid

Postby graham.raid » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:51 pm

just wanted to add this again and see if anyone had found out any info as it is still saying on teletext that we have got someone but out of the transfer window? ???? ???? ???
graham.raid

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion