Breaking news: charles itaange desperate to leave - Liverpool's no. 1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:02 am

I can think of decent promises for a lot less. We didn't sign Barry for a difference like that, 3M, is a considerable amount of money.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:50 am

lewerty wrote:thought he had already gone

I wasn't sure. But since Cavalieri plays only in the odd cup game, why did we need to spend £3m on him while we still had Itandje? Not seen anything from the Brazilian to make me think he's much better than Itandje, I don't want to tempt fate and see Reina get injured, but he's been a rock and did ANY of the back-ups seriously think they'd ever oust a Spanish keeper who Rafa loves
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 am

Itanje is shlt. No one wants him even for free. Diego looks much sure handed. Why are we always get stuck with players like Itanje.... Is it just us or same for other ball club...Whenever they come, their price is deflated (of course there are exception but they are far and between.) We could have done better with the transfer.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:19 am

Salif Diao with gloves on.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby DAV » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 pm

thanks for the great memorys charles, the Barnsley cup game last season was a great moment in my life.
You will go down as a great along side clemence and grobbelaar.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:21 pm

red37 wrote:Salif Diao with gloves on.

Is that right mate? I'm not completely sure because I have bad memory, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Wasn't Diao's case different, as in, he didn't want to go anywhere so that he could keep his wages?

In Itandje's case it seems he's ready  to go on loan and to be sold, the problem being the club didn't reach to an agreement with no clubs.

There's a difference in both attitudes IMHO.

All that said, he should have chosen smoother expressions than "I want to get away" as if being in Liverpool was like being in hell.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:09 pm

to be honest, a tangerine would be more use in goal
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Diao was a one of, at the time leech on the club. Itandje wants out in order to play football; perhaps better himself. Which is a virtue apparantly lacking in Houllier's previously mentioned acquisition, at least not while he was on a good wedge to sit on his ar5e...and for me both were 'experimental' (at best) possibilities that didn't pan out.

As we are on about those two in particular. The sole fact remains that both are/were completely unsuited to Liverpool FC. I wasn't literally comparing them....or their plight - just highlighting the similarity in so far as you can be almost invisibly present (oxy.) yet remain some degree of a drain on precious resources that should really have been distributed elsewhere. The figures are recorded.

Thats all i meant  :D  I'm sure Itandje is a decent enough fella. Thats what i meant about being invisible - i truly thought he had left for (Gala?). Might have been mentioned around the time Kewell went. He probably isn't the only one hidden away in the background either.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Ah well if agger leaves rafa can train him to play there :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion