Billy Liddel memorial statue campaign

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:10 am

Keep up the good work.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Haggis » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:15 pm

Here's some footage of todays events at The Scottish parliament,I should have been there but I have just started a new job so couldn't make it,these are a few of the other guys on the BLMG,Mike Payne,Bill McCulloch,Davey O'Donnell,John Park and wee Jummy Ferguson ;D

http://www.stv.tv/news....1725412
Haggis

Postby Haggis » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:26 pm

I just want to apologise for an outburst

I just wish that half of you guys on here could appreciate what Billy Liddell did for Libpool FC,he spent all of his football career at Anfield,the Kop renamed LFC, Liddellpool,that was how well revered he was on Merseyside,I know most of the regulars on here are not old enough to have seen him play,so what,neither am I,I was born in 66,Liddell retired in 61,I still know that Billy Liddell was, and STILL is, the greatest player to EVER wear a Liverpool shirt,most of you will say Dalglish,Gerrard etc etc,this guy played for Libpool for 21 years,he went down to the 2nd division,came back up,had the contracts drawn up to join the bigger clubs and said, NO,I'm staying put,THAT is loyalty.
I hope you can all find it within yourselves to do a bit of research and find out for yourselves how important a man he was for Libpool FC,we are hoping to get a lasting memorial built for him in his hometown/village of Townhill/Dunfermline

www.billyliddell.org.uk

Tony
Haggis

Postby Haggis » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:03 pm

I spoke to Mark Platt,one of the guys from LFCTV today,they are coming up to do some filming in Townhill on November 17th,gonna book the day off work and show them the wonders of Townhill,should take me all of 5 minutes  ;) ,the guys at Lfctv are gonna do a 90 minute docu about the LEGEND himself ,they wanna interview me, our campaign is really starting to take off now as well,but,I'll keep that under my hat for now,will update you when I get ALL the details

Tony :
Last edited by Haggis on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haggis

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Yes, well worth the support.

There are those (few these days mind) who would argue he was ahead of Daglish as Liverpool's greatest player.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Haggis » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 pm

I have been sworn to secrecy over the last few weeks,but,my good mate Davey has announced it on Kerrydale Street 

Sir William Beveridge Liddell

HAS been inducted into the Scottish hall of fame,Billy's son Malcolm and Ian St John are in Glasgow tonight to receive the award

I wasn't going to say anything until after 8 pm tonight,but,circumstances have changed

I AM buzzing like :censored: atm
Haggis

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion