Quagmire

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simic_ie » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:41 pm

Just looking at the official website and I've seen that the reserve team seems sto be doing alright, why not just put out the reserve team in the next match?? The midfield is talented with Welsh and Partridge both scoring (and for the life of me I can't see how Richie Partridge has still never even made a Premiership apperance), and Didi Hamman there protecting the back four. Hell the didn't even concede a goal and thats against West Brom who are a world superpower compared to Olimpiana Lubijubi or whatever they're called. So comeon GH put out the reserve side see if they can do any better. On a more serious note, there are at least five players on that reserve team who are better than what started against Man U on Sunday. We all know Gh has his favorites and everyone else can go find anew club for all he cares, he's ruinig most of the talent coming out of the academy with his nonsenseical French purchases like Cheyrou, Diomede etc.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:36 pm

houlliers treatment of partridge is a scandal.if he isnt ready for the first team squad by now then he never will be.so just sell the bloke.He did wonders at coventry a couple of years back so they might take him back.Houllier is ruining the career of this player.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:46 pm

I said a few weeks back that the two french kids were annoyingly going to save Houlier's bacon and I stick by that comment. 

Apart from Gerrard the only other person playing for the shirt was Pongolle.  He showed his class towards the end of the Leeds game and on Sunday the kid again delivered the goods.  GH should have let the kid go from the whistle but he has'nt got a bloody clue about football. 

Never played it so Houlier has no idea what is going on in the heads of his players.  Theory and no Practical experience often means defeat. 

The thing is some people here say that we can't really blame Houlier, Players missed chances, Ref made some dodgy decisions, Houlier had no team to pick from.  That's tripe! he has been the manager for five years and should by now have a least 4 youngsters as back up along with a number of utility players Where are they? (Scoring for portsmoth and Blackburn).  Houlier is bloody useless and that's a fact but people still don't want to admit that 3 trophies ( yes three the charity shield is a good day out, and the same for the Super cup) in one season was down to the right playing staff than his tactical ability.  Babbel was a key part to winning those trophies along with the two centre backs, but look at Hypia now he looks like a fish out of water.  Why?  because he cannot trust those around him. 

I going to make a bold statement here but I believe that a certain player is actually throwing games.  I've watched him and am convinced that he's letting teams score soft goals.  Some people will laugh but if you get a chance to see games on tape just study how many simple some goals are scored against us.  Goals that I could save.  Look at the reaction both during and after shots. ( Its strange that this seems to be only on televised games)  My mate made this point to me at the end of last season and I laughed at him but now I think he's right I've studied the tapes and there is something in this point.  No player can be that good one day and that bad the next.

Anyway watch this space.

Please leave Mr Houlier.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:54 pm

if its true big al then I blame houllier.He should know his players inside out,how could he miss such a thing?I hope its not true,I really do.But youve got me thinking.It would explain a lot.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion