Anyone off to see see oasis tonight? - Echo arena

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Manhattan is banned from attending Oasis concerts.

After I pushed one of them off a stage recently.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Hand that man a medal.  :pirate
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Went out for a few beers after work in town with a few of me mates from work who are there now. They were trying to blag me to go an try an get a ticket outside and i was very tempted cos i think they are one of the best bands of this era.
But at around £50 for the ticket i thought i wouldnt bother just on spare of the moment.
Going to the echo arena to watch Alan Partridge this Sunday and then have the Phonics early december so will leave it at that.

I am certain that they would of been brilliant though and am with Jmac and Emerald red in saying that they are a top top band and have been for years.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:50 pm

On a similar theme, I got a ticket for The Killers gig in Manchester this morning... :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Going to the echo arena to watch Alan Partridge this Sunday

you're a mentalist  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:28 pm

I've got nits in me balls hair that can hold a better tune than Liam Gallagher. :angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby neil » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:07 am

edit
Last edited by neil on Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:33 am

Cant stand them meself.

What's that song that goes:
"Stand up by the fireplace, wipe that look right off yer face, you aint ever gonna burn my heart out"

Such poor poor lyrics. In fact, tripe is the word.

Cast No Shadow is brilliant though - the only one I like.

They arent very original in their sound either, IMO.
Last edited by Effes on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 am

Their old music was great IMO but it all started going downhill from Be here Now which was nowhere near as good as the previous albums and since then they have been cack!
Its really put me off them now,their new music is pathetic and i cant stand the sound of Liams whining voice anymore.
They should give it up,they are has beens flogging a dead horse!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Number 9 wrote:Their old music was great IMO but it all started going downhill from Be here Now which was nowhere near as good as the previous albums and since then they have been cack!
Its really put me off them now,their new music is pathetic and i cant stand the sound of Liams whining voice anymore.

Why, what was wrong with Be Here Now? I loved that album, released in '97 I believe. Compared to half the shyte that's currently polluting the radio waves these days, Oasis and their so called "crapness" are welcome to grace the airwaves as far as I'm concerned. The Shock and Bag It Up are absolute monster tunes from their new album. How anyone can say they are talentless is beyond me. It beggars belief.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:17 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Their old music was great IMO but it all started going downhill from Be here Now which was nowhere near as good as the previous albums and since then they have been cack!

Why, what was wrong with Be Here Now? I loved that album, released in '97 I believe. Compared to half the shyte that's currently polluting the radio waves these days, Oasis and their so called "crapness" are welcome to grace the airwaves as far as I'm concerned. The Shock and Bag It Up are absolute monster tunes from their new album. How anyone can say they are talentless is beyond me. It beggars belief.

I was a lot younger(obviously) when Oasis came out and have to say they blew me away as they did to most people!Im not saying Be Here Now is a bad album mate but it was hugely dissapointing compared to the earlier stuff,yeah it has some good tunes but not a classic on it IMO!
Since then i feel they have went drastically downhill!i feel in the earlier days the band had a rawness and chemistry about it.They loose a drummer and a guitarist and they lost "IT" ..they have never recaptured what they had back then IMO!

I love all sorts of music and I understand that its all down to taste,there is no right or wrong!Arguing that a band is good or not is like telling someone mushrooms are lovely when they hate the taste of them!
I just think...say for example put the Foo Fighters on one stage and Oasis on another,whos the best band?
Its a total non contest for me...others may feel different,thats their right!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm

I could go on aswell but i would just be echoing emeralds words. I love oasis, every album they've brought out, especially their new one, i think are better than all the :censored: everywhere else. as for them live. it was my first oasis gig and it blew me away. ive been to many gigs but this takes the biscuit for me. love em. i dont care what other people think about them because if i did i would constantly be arguing. the fact is i think their awesome and nothing would make me think otherwise

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum