...i can play the trombone...   umpa umpa umpa pa ... :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Lee J wrote:...i can play the trombone...   umpa umpa umpa pa ... :D

Thats a tuba yer sprout !

Trombones go -

DaDaDa daa daa Daa da da da dadaa (all 76 of them  :nod )

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:05 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Lee J wrote:...i can play the trombone...   umpa umpa umpa pa ... :D

Thats a tuba yer sprout !

Trombones go -

DaDaDa daa daa Daa da da da dadaa (all 76 of them  :nod )

thought it didnt sound right.  :p
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
andy_g wrote:if you push the fu'ckers off the stage i'll give you a tenner. arrogant, talentless, unoriginal bunch of chwats. big man city fans too, i believe

Is this a joke? Talentless? If it weren't for these lads, the Brit music scene would have been dead a buried a long time ago. They dragged it out from the mire.

And that is a good thing how, matey?

I've more talented chimps on me ship.  :pirate
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:25 pm

JBG wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
andy_g wrote:if you push the fu'ckers off the stage i'll give you a tenner. arrogant, talentless, unoriginal bunch of chwats. big man city fans too, i believe

Is this a joke? Talentless? If it weren't for these lads, the Brit music scene would have been dead a buried a long time ago. They dragged it out from the mire.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh: out loud.

yer just put me in a coughing spasm   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:34 pm

JBG wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

you t@sser  :angry:

I just spat me cup a soup all over me keyboard  :laugh:
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Seen them yesterday. What a :censored: day! My favourite band ever and the live performance topped everything off.

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby mistyred » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:30 pm

They are absolute tripe, what a waste of money, ooh i put cocaine on my cereal bunch of Knobs just cant stand the Bastards.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Can't believe some of the sh*te being written in here about such a great band. Not only are they are a great band, but they are arguably one of the best live bands in the last 20 years. What's The Story and Definitely Maybe are absolute classic albums to be revered from any era of rock. Baffles me how anyone can say someone or something is talentless when they aren't a fan. It doesn't matter if you're a fan or not, give credit where credit is due FFS. I'm not a big fan of Queen or Floyd etc etc, but I'm not about to say they were talentless simply because I'm not too fond of them. They were brilliant musicians and amazing bands in their own right and that gets my respect. Couldn't care if they are Mancs. That's a petty reason why to hate anything, really. How many bands have come and gone in the 15 years, yet these boys are still around producing new albums. Love the new album too.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Im a big fan and have seen them live a few times and will probably go to see them in cardiff although I havent got a ticket, but where theres a will etc...

But if Im honest they have become the best Oasis tribute band but without the irony.  A shame as I always hoped they would evolve a lot better than they have and the early days arrogance about the super bands that they had has now become a joke as they have become part of the problem and not the solution.

Still, after a few beers and one of their songs comes on the jukebox then Im singing along  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 pm

sooooooooooooooooooooooo sally can wait, she knows it's too late as we're walking on by
Her sooooooooooooooooul slides away, but don't look back in anger
I heard you say

another pint please landlord...
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:35 pm

They certainly mastered the art of the singalong
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:56 pm

well opinions are just that. my personal feeling is that they are one of the most derivative bands to have come out for years - a fact they've made little effort to hide. its one thing to admire lennon and mcartney but its another thing entirely to base your whole musical catalogue on them. coupled with their oh so fake arrogance and hard boy attitude and their need to take a swipe at people with considerably more talent and originality than them it makes them pretty nauseating in my book.

if they are one of the best live bands of the last 20 years, and yes i have seen them, then i'm a pumpkin. i've seen dozens of bands who've been better live than them, and that includes bucks fizz.

like i say though, just my opinion. i'm not having a go at anyone who likes them just at the band.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:21 pm

andy_g wrote:well opinions are just that. my personal feeling is that they are one of the most derivative bands to have come out for years - a fact they've made little effort to hide. its one thing to admire lennon and mcartney but its another thing entirely to base your whole musical catalogue on them. coupled with their oh so fake arrogance and hard boy attitude and their need to take a swipe at people with considerably more talent and originality than them it makes them pretty nauseating in my book.

if they are one of the best live bands of the last 20 years, and yes i have seen them, then i'm a pumpkin. i've seen dozens of bands who've been better live than them, and that includes bucks fizz.

like i say though, just my opinion. i'm not having a go at anyone who likes them just at the band.

unfortunatly we no longer have the 'Lennon - McCartney' act now so why not carry it on in modern form. Oasis have done some really good stuff and like 'em or hate 'em at least they play instruments and are not a boy band that just prances around singing to a backing track.
These Oasis guys are musicians and that alone gets my respect. I think taff might be with me on that one?
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:04 pm

My review as promised goes like this.

Quality night, before, during and after the gig.  Few cans in my house, train into Town, straight the Pumphose, went the gig, then onto all student gaffs fo a few pints afterwards with the lads.  The new songs went down pretty well apart from Aint Got Nothing which I've not listened to much from the new album and I needed the gents room when To Be Where There's Life came on.  They were my least favourite tracks performed of the night.

The bad stuff's out the way, I thought the new songs particularly The Shock Of The Lightning, Falling Down and I'm Outta Time are going to be very popular for the fans on this tour.

It's always the classics that go down well, particularly for me last night, pretty much the rest of the set.  Rock'n'Roll Star, Lyla, Slide Away but especially The Masterplan, Don't Look Back In Anger which was probably THE highlight of the whole set, Morning Glory and Champagne Supernova.   They even played My Big Mouth from Be Here Now.

I'll give it 8.5/10 because nothing can top the 10/10 that I gave Maine Road in 1996, or the 9.5 I gave the Liverpool Royal Court in 2002 and the Reebok Stadium's 9/10 in 2000.  I was too blitzed to really recall Finsbury Park and Old Trafford Cricket ground.  City of Manchester stadium in 2005 was also one of the better concerts, a 9/10.  Always a good gig, Oasis.

Anyone from Liverpool who hasn't got a ticket, there was lads selling them face value outside the Arena.  You'll find someone who won't rip you off, get yourself down, they're on stage at 9pm, you'll be in for a good night.
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum