The game is being ruined

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 98-1069656924 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:48 pm

just wondered what you red **** thought about the current situation in the premier league were we have 3 super clubs,a couple playing catch up and the rest struggling to make ends meet,
there are strong rumours that everton are months away from going into administration unless they attract major investment..(thats even if we do sell wayne rooney)...
i remember only 15-20 years ago when the new season started i would look at at least 10 teams who were capable of putting a challenge up to win the league and yes a lot of our teams used to win european trophys containing english players believe it or not.......
a lot of liverpool fans who i work with say it will be the sweetest day ever if everton do go into administration....is this the general view amongst liverpool fans???...but i say this is the start of the death of football..
as much as i hate you red **** i would hate to see the same thing happen to your club as what happened to leeds or is happening to everton because i enjoy the rivalry..(well we used to have rivalry once upon a time when all clubs could compete)....
is the money in the game getting shared out fairly???
is roman abramovich good for the game?
Last edited by supersub on Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98-1069656924

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:01 pm

Personally I don't think Abramovich is "good for the game" his seemingly bottomless pot of money is resulting in overhyped overvalued price tags on virtually any player with an ounce of ability (look at what they paid for Drogba)
Deep down inside I hope you lot get sorted and remain in the premiership, although the thought of you playing Tranmere makes me laugh.....
Hard to believe how good you guys were , and yes if it happens to you (dropping out of the top flight) it can happen to anyone.
Cheer up mate.........buy yourself a RED shirt  :D  :)  :D  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:57 am

BEZZA- I THINK THE RIVALRY BETWEEN OUR 2 CLUBS IS AS HOT AS EVER. ON DARBY DAY WHEN THE PLAYERS CROSS THE WHITE LINE THE LGE POSITIONS AND OTHER BULLS.HIT IS LEFT OFF THE FIELD AND THE TEAM THAT WANTS IT MOST WILL WIN.

I THINK ABRAMOVICHS MONEY IS F.UCKING UP THE GAME BUT I LOVE IT WHEN CHELSEA DONT SUCCEED. I ALSO THINK THAT THE GAP BETWEEN THE TOP TEAMS AND OTHER TEAMS WILL BE BRIDGED AS MORE AND MORE INVESTORS ARE THROWING THEIR MONEY INTO PREMIERESHIP TEAMS.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scousewil » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:14 pm

Bazza  i dont want yz to go down. Don't get me wrong I hate Everton but it's only healthy rivalry. At the end of the day outside of football most you fellas are fellow scousers an I wouldn't wana see what happened to Leeds happen to any supporters let alone Scousers. As for Abromavich yeah I think it is ruining the game and it takes something out of football but i agree with Stapo - all it needs is a few more rich businessmen to buy teams or throw in more money that way there will be more financial clout to compete with Abromavich instead of it just being him with all the money. I reckon Abromavich is only the start of the investment in football teams - that Libyan dictator guy is lookin to buy Crystal Palace and I heard some billionaire last season was interested in buyin West Ham. You never know Bazza Everton could be the next Chelsea  :laugh:

What worries me tho is that surely football can't carry on like this - prices and wages have rocketed but surely the bubble will burst eventually!? It's ridiculous to see how much players are costing and how much there wages are and then to see that most football clubs (including Liverpool) are in a hell of a lot of debt.
Scousewil

Postby Voices from Yates » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:10 pm

Old news I know, but N.America has long succumbed to the almighty $$ in Sport.When tycoon's get involved, most other teams get f****.. player contract sizes go up
and it all becomes a business. No loyalty, just hired guns for $$

Europe will have 3-4  teams in each country making it and the rest will become mostly feeder clubs. You can see it happening right now. Some countries whole system will become feeder clubs, because they can't sell their product to the whole of Europe.

Any team with major debt in the Premiership should remove it asap (no matter How painful, otherwise they're going to sink).They'll either sink or some Scottish Oatmeal Savage billionaire will buy them as a new toy for a while.
I think Liverpool know they cannot stem the tide of "have big $$ or go home".Everton, unfortunately will go the way of Leeds and the rest, if they don't clear the debt.

Unfortunately, the era of any average size team doing well is almost over. Everton need to jump back up the table quick(6th, which is almost impossible without more $$$), or they will go down the plughole, with the other lower half of the Premiership. The Champions league is fast becoming the only game in Town. Tycoons aren’t loyal to any team or country, then just want the fame(ego) or a chance to make even more $$$(even if it’s just to get the tax right off)
:kungfu:
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby supersub » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:54 pm

spot on...the day football sold it's soul to sky was the day the cancer set in.Now there is no turning back and the deaths of former big name clubs is more and more likely.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:26 am

Joy of captislism in the end your left with one big fish and heaps of minnows skeletons :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:16 pm

Ah.. but the first animal to die in the wild when food is short, is the predator.

I think I'll have another Pernod. :D
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Return to Premiership - General Discussion