Lucas - Uncut diamond

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby metalhead » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:01 pm

He has done well against fulham, but I disagree with you seano, I'd still have alonso over lucas right now.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clarke90 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:19 pm

[quote] TBH Nanny, Gerrard's a once in a generation type of player

I have to agree entireley. Lucas will never have the same heart or skill as Gerrard. i cant't argue that Lucas will become a great player and will only benefit from playing alongside a player of Gerrards quality, but will never be on the same level.
Gerrard is a natural born leader and can create that special moment from nothing, eg West ham, Istanbul and many many more.
clarke90

Postby Seano Kop » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:24 pm

No one will become as great a midfielder as Stevie G, but Lucas will become extremely good.

As for the final midifield spot between Lucas and Alonso. We can't give the spot to someone because of what he's done in the past. Alonso has been a great servant and has done some super things at Anfield, but on current form, I believe Lucas is playing better than Alonso.

Having said that - In these games experience is handy, and Alonso has that experience which could prove crucial. I do remember last time though, Lucas was a monster against Chelsea (at the Bridge in the 0-0 draw).
Seano Kop

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:53 pm

metalhead wrote:He has done well against fulham, but I disagree with you seano, I'd still have alonso over lucas right now.

I really can't believe anyone is using Fulham as a yardstick to measure players. Not only are they in the bottom two and all but relegated barring a miracle of Istanbul proportions, but they were pretty ordinary. Are these same people those who play PES or FIFA on the lowest skill settings?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:59 am

Owzat wrote:
metalhead wrote:He has done well against fulham, but I disagree with you seano, I'd still have alonso over lucas right now.

I really can't believe anyone is using Fulham as a yardstick to measure players. Not only are they in the bottom two and all but relegated barring a miracle of Istanbul proportions, but they were pretty ordinary. Are these same people those who play PES or FIFA on the lowest skill settings?

I'm basing it on the whole season. However, regardless of the team, it was a beautiful ball by Lucas that set up Pennant's goal at the Cottage.

Someone asked somewhere where has Lucas' 'Brazilian Moment' been and he's done nothing 'special' for a Brazilian. This guy missed the Havant game? Forget the opposition, what a freaking goal!!
Seano Kop

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Alonso demonstrated last night why we still need him and why Lucas should still be considered an under-study. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Alonso was extremely good last night. Went missing a little in the second half, perhaps because he was tired, that's when Lucas should have come in and stamped his authority from the pitch.

Or maybe he should have come on left back instead of Riise :D
Seano Kop

Postby clarke90 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Seano kop
Or maybe he should have come on left back instead of Riise

I think i would go 1 further and would have rather played Charles Itandje playin at left back.

On to Lucas i believe he can only be judged in his second season.
clarke90

Postby B.Penno » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Lucas is a top notch players hopefully he will fullfil his potential and he could go on to great heights
B.Penno

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge