Lucas - Uncut diamond

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 am

Just been reading an article about this kid and from what ive seen of him has been very pleasing on the eye. I personally think weve got a diamond on our hands who as time progresses will become one of the world stars of the future.

The kid is still learning and yet when he pulls the shirt on as far as om concerned plays for the shirt, Hes a joy to watch simple as

Lucas Leiva: I turned down Inter Milan to sign for Liverpool
Feb 12 2008

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has revealed he turned down Inter Milan to come to Merseyside - and now wants to prove he made the right decision.

While the Italian giants are cruising in their league, life has been much more difficult for Liverpool, and the two sides meet in the Champions League next week.

Lucas said: "I was in a fortunate position at Gremio because I had achieved some success and I was made a lot of very interesting offers - offers which would have made a lot of money,” he told Liverpool’s official magazine.

"Some of them were in Spain and it's true I had an enquiry from Inter Milan too.

"I could have gone to Spain or Italy and it would have been more like I am used to. But I want to make the most of my career and I want to challenge myself.

"They were all famous clubs but the Liverpool option stood out from the first moment I heard of their interest.

"I had heard of them back in Brazil and we saw a lot of Premier League matches so I was aware of what the manager was building here at the club.

"I have friends from the international team at Inter; Cesar and Maicon are great players and I will enjoy playing against them.

"But I would much rather play for Liverpool than Inter. That was my decision then and it would be the same if I had to make it again.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:51 am

If he is given the chance to grow and develop his talent (and it looks like he will be) I think we will have a great player to take up Gerrards mantle in a few years. A lot to live up, to but he certainly hasn't looked out of place when he has played ,and he has shown a few delightful touches already.

Maybe 4 or five years down the line we will have a regular midfield pairing of Lucas and Mascherano, although I hope Gerrard is still around fighting for his place.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:57 am

He's a quality young player, but Gerrard's in a different league and always will be for as long as he's playing at the top level, he can't be expected to take up Gerrard's mantle.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:01 am

LFC2007 wrote:He's a quality young player, but Gerrard's in a different league and always will be for as long as he's playing at the top level, he can't be expected to take up Gerrard's mantle.

I don't agree, I think Lucas will match him. Maybe not with goals ,but certainly as a world class player. He just needs time to develop.

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:03 am

Can I quote you on that?  :D
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:06 am

Yes, if he's not considered World class by the time he is 24, I will be very surprised. And by World class I mean that even Stu would say he was.

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:14 am

LFC2007 wrote:Can I quote you on that?  :D

yeh can quote me aswell because hell be giving Stevie a run for his money long before then .

I never knew though that his uncle also played for Brazil 1974 and spent 5 years at Athletico
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:16 am

NANNY RED wrote:

yeh can quote me aswell because hell be giving Stevie a run for his money long before then .

I never knew though that his uncle also played for Brazil 1974 and spent 5 years at Athletico

TBH Nanny, Gerrard's a once in a generation type of player.

As of now, I can say; I think Lucas will become a very good player, quite possibly 'World Class'.

I don't however, believe he'll reach the level of Gerrard, and it would be unreasonable to expect him to do so, in my opinion.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:20 am

LFC2007 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

TBH Nanny, Gerrard's a once in a generation type of player.

As of now, I can say; I think Lucas will become a very good player, quite possibly 'World Class'.

I don't however, believe he'll reach the level of Gerrard, and it would be unreasonable to expect him to do so, in my opinion.

Alot of people say he reminds them of this player or that one but im gonna still say what i said ages ago this kid reminds me of Xavi from Barca and if he turns out anything like him well all be smiling
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:52 am

Lucas, great future and long time at Anfield (we hope) He won't be able to match Gerrard, because of Stevie's versitility. But saying that, he'll be the world's best central midfielder in 4/5 years. Ahead of Fabregas, Anderson, Mikel or anything else the rest of the world can throw up. He'll be pushed for that title by Jay Spearing though :D
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The Kid Torres » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:30 pm

I might recieve some hostility for this but I have to be honest and say that Lucas hasn't really impressed me thus far.

He looked a terrific player when he came on shortly against Everton and played a huge part in the lead up to our penalty but he's had a run of games in the team lately and for me hasn't really done that much.

He looks weak, doesn't seem to get involved in the game anything like near enough and I have not seen anything from him as of yet where I can see why he's captained the Brazilian under-21 side and won a best player over the season accolade in Brazil, following the likes of Carlos Tevez.

I fully understand that he's young and I'm more than aware that he'll need much more time to settle over here and get used to the pace of the game but even in Europe where the pace tends to be a bit slower he hasn't shone.

I hope there's a lot more to come from him in he future, and I'm sure there will.
Last edited by The Kid Torres on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kid Torres

Postby Ant#1 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:05 am

I have to disagree i think his :censored: :censored: (fuuckingg shitt)
Ant#1

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:01 pm

feck off u b@stard , we'll see in the the final of the champions league if you guys ever make it there :laugh:

And if u do , well prob cos bennett was the ref
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby staceykelly » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Man u :censored:.scum.scum,scum,scum.
staceykelly

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Lucas getting lots of games now. That's fantastic to see. Hopefully he can stay in teh squad for the Chelsea tie, ahead of Alonso, because well, based on current form, Lucas is ahead of him atm
Seano Kop

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge