Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Best Ref ?

Gotta be this guy.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Best Ref ?

Gotta be this guy.

Agreed cant understand why he retired . We should of brought him to the prem.

The bitters love him :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:47 pm

lee mason wasn't in the list and he's the best ref we have right now i reckon, out of the list though i'd say clattenburg.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

Gotta be this guy.

Think he was forced to retire Nanny, something about age ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Gotta be this guy.

Think he was forced to retire Nanny, something about age ?

nothing to do with age woof woof, he recieved death threats from Duncan Ferguson  :laugh:
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:47 am

Howard Webb.... not great but certainly better than the rest.
ConnO'var

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:50 am

isn't Webb our representitive in the champions league this year?
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:55 am

Mark Clattenburg.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:36 pm

ILL tell you what wether he played for the Mancs or not i take my hat off to him this is a great slaggin off piece by Roy Keane on The Drunk.

I particularly like the quote were hes talking about ex players slagging people off .

I might actualy start to like Keane now mind you hes not so bad since he became a manager

From The TimesMarch 29, 2008

Roy Keane slates Sir Alex Ferguson for referee abuse

George Caulkin

In comments that will provoke splutterings of consternation at Old Trafford, Roy Keane has condemned some of his fellow managers as “hypocrites” for demanding that players show greater deference to officials. While the Sunderland manager did not identify Sir Alex Ferguson, few at Manchester United will question the target of their former captain's ire.

In response to some recent high-profile incidents and the FA's Respect the Referee initiative, Ferguson said last weekend that “the haranguing of referees is absolutely ridiculous - we know that. It's not right. Since the situation with Andy D'Urso, we've not done anything like that.” In January 2000, a furious Keane led a posse of United players in pursuing D'Urso.

The Irishman regrets that infamous episode - described as “a pivotal moment” by Ferguson - and since his move into the dugout, he has consistently shown restraint on the touchline. While he has been critical of officials after matches, asking whether “it's more than coincidence” that Sunderland have been the victim of poor decisions, he has been courteous in public.

Not all of his peers - including Ferguson - can make a similar claim and Keane's response yesterday was withering. “There's a lot of hypocrites out there in football,” he said. “You hear other managers - and I'm talking big managers - talking about respecting referees, but the same managers have been sent off for [using] foul and abusive language. Makes me sick, some of them.”

Ferguson and Martin O'Neill, the Aston Villa manager, have been sent to the stands this season. The Scot was dismissed at half-time during United's 1-0 defeat away to Bolton Wanderers on November 24 after confronting Mark Clattenburg, the referee. “I told him how bad he was and he didn't like it,” Ferguson said at the time.

In the week of his appointment on Wearside, Keane informed his backroom staff that showing dissent to officials would not be tolerated, a message he has also delivered to the Sunderland youth team. Rather than heap further opprobrium on Ashley Cole and Javier Mascherano for their behaviour, Keane believes an example should be set.

“A lot of it comes down to the managers and how they behave,” he said. “You watch and sometimes it's not them, but their staff, which is worse because the managers are letting their staff carry on that way. There's one club in particular which is a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.” Keane refused to confirm whether this was a reference to Reading.

Keane was asked if his “hypocrite” comment was aimed at Ferguson. “Was he sent off against Bolton this year, at Bolton at half-time? I don't know, you tell me,” he said. “We're all bad losers, but if we're going to be coming out and saying, 'Let's respect officials and make sure the players do', and you're not doing it, how can you expect the players to do it?”

This month, Ferguson blamed Martin Atkinson, the referee, for contributing to United's home defeat by Portsmouth in the sixth round of the FA Cup. “It surprised me and he wasn't the only one,” Keane said. “Carlos Queiroz [the United assistant manager], I think Cristiano Ronaldo came out. Man United always taught me to be gracious losers. They weren't that day.”

Despite working together for 12 years, Keane's relationship with Ferguson has never been intimate; whether his outburst will assist Sunderland's cause in securing the permanent transfer of Jonny Evans from United is debatable.

Keane was equally abrasive about the media profile of some former players. “Mascherano and Cole were out of order, they've apologised, but then you get ex-players coming out of their holes and being offered a grand to slag someone off,” he said. “They're all hypocrites. Half of these people, they cheated on their wives and yet they're slagging players off. Idiots, absolute idiots.”
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:27 pm

refs in the Bundesliga don't seem bad, I have only seen 8-10 matches so far though.  Ever since I got GOL TV, which carries la liga, that all I watch now other than Liverpool because American football is over and my once great university's basketball team is now an embarrassment, and Sabre is right, Spanish refs, and particularly the assistants are terrible, very inconsistent with what is and isnt a card, and call people offisde when they aren't a lot
JoeTerp

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:45 pm

good peice by Keane, he was always an honest player which I respected.

Many times he came out and admitted that United fans were bad supporters, and he even admitted that he intended to break Alf Inge Haaland's leg, not a nice thing to say but at least he had the balls to say it.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:07 pm

keane's got fecking balls
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:29 pm

He's a bit of a tw@t (to say the least) for trying to break someone's leg, however honest he was about it.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:27 am

no one is saying different though.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:43 am

"...but at least he had the balls to say it".
LFC2007

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls