Good interview with rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:57 am

All in all it's a good article but I disagree with Rafa's assertion that the team has enough technical ability. The passing ability of players such as Babel, Lucas, Carragher, JAR and Kuyt is way behind the players in the squads of the top 3.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:13 pm

Nice one S@int, and Rafa answers the most famous questions of debate in newkit.

1.- It doesn't seem to me he's announcing less rotation in the future, for the dismay of many here.

2.- I think he destroys the "Should you have used Torres more in  the league" debate with facts and numbers.

3.- Interesting bits about the needs of rest. Note that he sees that in the training session. He expects an intensity in the training, and when he doesn't see it, he talks with the player and he reads between lines in his answer. His rests are not random nor a caprice. It's about how the players train, and how they perform in the pitch (he proves that when answering about Crouch). He may be wrong, but he doesn't tinker aimlessly and randomly.

4.- I love it  when he includes Kuyt amongst the players he considers good signings. For sure, Kuyt hasn't become the player we all expected back in the "I know it's early thread" about him. That's true. But it's also true that he gets more stick than deserved and that the team is grateful of his work in quite an "unsung" way.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:18 pm

That seemed a really honest interview.

Surprised he opened up on the Pako Ayesteran situation.  Good read.

Reading between the lines you get the impression he is going to stick with the current formation beyond this season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Great insight into Rafa's thoughts.

Interesting that they've managed to keep the deals for the 3 new players under wraps..!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:31 pm

Sabre wrote:Nice one S@int, and Rafa answers the most famous questions of debate in newkit.

1.- It doesn't seem to me he's announcing less rotation in the future, for the dismay of many here.

2.- I think he destroys the "Should you have used Torres more in  the league" debate with facts and numbers.

3.- Interesting bits about the needs of rest. Note that he sees that in the training session. He expects an intensity in the training, and when he doesn't see it, he talks with the player and he reads between lines in his answer. His rests are not random nor a caprice. It's about how the players train, and how they perform in the pitch (he proves that when answering about Crouch). He may be wrong, but he doesn't tinker aimlessly and randomly.

4.- I love it  when he includes Kuyt amongst the players he considers good signings. For sure, Kuyt hasn't become the player we all expected back in the "I know it's early thread" about him. That's true. But it's also true that he gets more stick than deserved and that the team is grateful of his work in quite an "unsung" way.

Exactly Sabre, but however many times he explains himself, he will continue to be ignored, people will STILL say he rotates for NO reason, that Torres did not play enough and was rested far too often, that he got rid of Pako for nothing and i heard again today that Torres cost £26.5m. Nice interview, even if the questions were loaded.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:39 pm

i think Beckham is coming t Anfield.!!  :p
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:52 pm

The interview alo shows that whilst we´re not talking any multi-million pound signings at this stage, that the manager does have money to spend - a good sign that cash exists and that the owners want him to carry spending and building his team - as if he is not in danger of getting the chop. 

Its not all gloom and doom is it? I can feel some happy clappy coming on.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm

Its a good, honest and straightforward interview.

Its just sad to know what happened between him and pako
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:44 pm

Sabre wrote:3.- Interesting bits about the needs of rest. Note that he sees that in the training session. He expects an intensity in the training, and when he doesn't see it, he talks with the player and he reads between lines in his answer. His rests are not random nor a caprice. It's about how the players train, and how they perform in the pitch (he proves that when answering about Crouch). He may be wrong, but he doesn't tinker aimlessly and randomly.

that explains why kuyt is playing all the time  :D ... that fella is probaby buzzing during training! so much energy  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 pm

If thats the case I cant see him being here long term. If we drop out of the race again by October/November because hes needlessly rotating, patients I think will were thin. He has to learn from his mistakes otherwise its pointless, to go through the same old commotion every year.
66-1112520797

Postby DRARREG8 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:32 pm

Rafa had been asken many useful questions ...

It's obvious from his answers that he's gonna rotate in the team as usual but without changing his recent formation so it's ok cuz the changes will be in one or two players. The second thing that crouch is gonna be on the selling list in the summer apparently.

mmmm 3 new players ... it's not a usual action from rafa to talk about buying players before the time cuz we observed from rafa usually that he stay silent until he finishes the signing :)
DRARREG8

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:37 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

If thats the case I cant see him being here long term. If we drop out of the race again by October/November because hes needlessly rotating, patients I think will were thin. He has to learn from his mistakes otherwise its pointless, to go through the same old commotion every year.

I must say I totally agree with that. In fact it's probably fair to say that rotation or not, if we don't get anywhere near to mounting a challenge for the title next season then it might be impossible to deflect the questions for another year.

Three teams have competed for the title this season, and if we are to avoid the big four becoming a big three (if indeed that isn't already the case) then that three must, simply must, become a four next season.

Unless we get a huge injection of capital, the liek of which we haven't ever seen before at the club, the likelyhood is the status quo visa vis transfer funds will be as it has been over the last four seasons. We've categorically proven over those last four seasons that we have been unable to launch a title challenge using the mass rotational method, so to go for it again would seem to me to madness of the highest order.

I'm convinced it won't happen though (I know I always say that   :D ). Rafa is not a fool despite what many think, and to return to five and six changes per game, 75 changes to the team in the first fifteen matches or whatever it was next season, "so the players will be fresh at the end of the season" would be ridiculous. If we don't prevail against Arsenal, we could yet be the freshest bunch of players who have absolutely nothing to play for in the history of english football.

No it won't happen. It'll be rotation next season of the like we've seen over the last six weeks or so, and we'll challenge for the title.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:46 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm convinced it won't happen though (I know I always say that   :D ). Rafa is not a fool despite what many think, and to return to five and six changes per game, 75 changes to the team in the first fifteen matches or whatever it was next season, "so the players will be fresh at the end of the season" would be ridiculous. If we don't prevail against Arsenal, we could yet be the freshest bunch of players who have absolutely nothing to play for in the history of english football.

No it won't happen. It'll be rotation next season of the like we've seen over the last six weeks or so, and we'll challenge for the title.

Im liking the last bit Mick and i think thats what we will see next season

Sorry cant help myself though Mick but that new player Raffa has said hes done a deal with to start in the first 11 do you think it could be Robindihio :laugh:  :laugh:

I really hope youve got a sense of humour
Last edited by NANNY RED on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:27 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sorry cant help myself though Mick but that new player Raffa has said hes done a deal with to start in the first 11 do you think it could be Robindihio :laugh:  :laugh:

:D definately nanny that's the bloke. Not my fault that nobody on here's heard of the fella  :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:28 pm

Balague always does a good interview with Rafa.

Incidentally I reckon the starting 11 player is Rafainha.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion