Stand up comedians

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:44 pm

I think most of you here love comedy, maybe some stand up comedy too. There is this show called Axis of Evil, who are currently doing a tour in the Middle East, I just like one comedian in that group, called Maz Joubrani, he is hilarious, he has a great sense of humor when he makes fun of terrorism and Bush.

My personal favorite

Maz Jobrani on Zidane's headbutt

Going back to stand up comedy, I would like to know who are your personal favorites when it comes to comedy?

mine are Robbin Williams and Eddie Murphy.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:46 pm

Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy and Billy Connelly, Robin Willaims stopped being funny once he stopped drugs
burjennio

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:48 pm

Daniel Tosh, Nick Swardson,  ralphie may and of course Seinfeld
JoeTerp

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:49 pm

metalhead wrote:I think most of you here love comedy, maybe some stand up comedy too. There is this show called Axis of Evil, who are currently doing a tour in the Middle East, I just like one comedian in that group, called Maz Joubrani, he is hilarious, he has a great sense of humor when he makes fun of terrorism and Bush.

My personal favorite

Maz Jobrani on Zidane's headbutt

Going back to stand up comedy, I would like to know who are your personal favorites when it comes to comedy?

mine are Robbin Williams and Eddie Murphy.

Good, good shout with Robin Williams - the best stand-up comedian there is IMHO.

There's the run of the mill sorts over here, like Lee Evans, Chubby Brown and Peter Kay, who are alright for the first couple of times, then they lose their appeal on account of the fact that they rely far too heavily on one particular premise in their acts.

I have to say that in Britain, Ken Dodd takes some beating.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:53 pm

I watched 1 Seinfield show and was suprised because I was never a fan of the series, but quite enjoyed his act
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:55 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Daniel Tosh, Nick Swardson,  ralphie may and of course Seinfeld

The Seinfield show is hilarious, but I'm not entirely convinced about him as a stand up comedian.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:49 pm

Watched Lee Mack on Live at the Apollo the other night. Think hes very funny, his Not Going Out series was hilarious.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum