Great torres interview

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby D___C » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:11 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:I love Fernando Torres.

he is gonna be an anfield legend, without a doubt.

You can see he has that genius.

Thanks Ciggy for this post, that was brilliant.

although im not sure about the "inviting Mikel Arteta over for board games" is a good idea from fernando and pepe.  :p

I agree, more posts like this please ciggy. Positives rather than negatives. One thing I thought while reading that, how come Torres can come over here change his entire culture and still speak good english within a few months and beckham, who was in spain for years cannot speak a word of spanish !

Because Beckham as he admitted himself is thick.
D___C

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:08 pm

When Torres arrived I was a little unsure, not being he wasn't a good player but because I thought he wasn't the type of player we needed, my has he proved me wrong, seems a nice lad and very down to earth :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:12 pm

.. The guy has 'balls' .. emphatic support for the boss.. :)

Torres: If Rafa goes we all go
By MARTIN LIPTON 03/12/2007

Fernando Torres last night warned Liverpool they will face a player exodus if they cannot heal the rift with Rafa Benitez.

The £26million Spanish striker was blown away by the scale of the Anfield fans' support for Benitez after his public fall-out with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Now he has pleaded with the board to make peace with Benitez. But if they force the Spaniard out, then Torres believes he will be followed through the exit door by the players he brought to Merseyside.

He said: "Rafa cannot leave. The fans have given their verdict - and it was clear.

"At the moment, Benitez is calm. There is no problem. He's with the team he has created. If he needs to sign players then fine, he should get them.

Advertisement
"But the conversations he had with the owners should not come out in public.

"Benitez has created a team of people who are indebted to him. It's certain that if he goes many players will think about their futures and whether they can stay.

"Rafa is not just another manager. He created a team and put his faith in players that owe him a lot. And he knows that."
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:31 pm

nice one ciggy

great read,    Spanish named bulldogs, crazy :O
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:02 am

Those who doubted his talent are having those doubts shoved down their throats. His fee of 20m now looks like a bargain. The more I read about him off the pitch the more I like him.

I think we have a star on our hands. :;):
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:22 am

Dundalk wrote:Those who doubted his talent are having those doubts shoved down their throats. His fee of 20m now looks like a bargain. The more I read about him off the pitch the more I like him.

I think we have a star on our hands. :;):

When we signed him I was well made up, I knew we signed one of the best players in spain, and possibly one of the best youngsters in the world so I was surprised at that amount of people who were not convinced. Good to see he is proving them wrong !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 am

Seems likely a likeable lad... Potential to be a true Anfiled legend.

I've always felt that ability alone is not enough. Intelligence, attitude and character play huge roles in ensuring success, especially so for a foreign player trying to settle in England.

Torres appears to have all these and more.... in abundance.
Fantastic bit of business. Long may it continue.
ConnO'var

Postby Kukilon » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:50 am

I had lots of doubts but I'm glad that I was totally wrong. :D
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:50 pm

nice find cigs. he comes across as a top lad. i think you learn much more about the spanish lads when they are interviewed in spanish by a spanish reporter - nothing gets lost in the language barrier. it's really good he seems to like the city, i think that's they key thing with any foreign player to flourish at a club

incidentally i was talking to my mate this morning (bolton fan) who was at anfield on sunday with his 16 year old lad. he said his son nearly wet his pants torres was that good. i think it's now looking like he will be worth absolutely every single penny of the £20/26m we shelled out on him
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:05 pm

Woollyback wrote:nice find cigs. he comes across as a top lad. i think you learn much more about the spanish lads when they are interviewed in spanish by a spanish reporter - nothing gets lost in the language barrier. it's really good he seems to like the city, i think that's they key thing with any foreign player to flourish at a club

incidentally i was talking to my mate this morning (bolton fan) who was at anfield on sunday with his 16 year old lad. he said his son nearly wet his pants torres was that good. i think it's now looking like he will be worth absolutely every single penny of the £20/26m we shelled out on him

Yes, in your own language you're always more able to give a certain spin to your words.

Despite the translation of that RAWK Spanish guy is excellent, you always fail to transport everything from Spanish to English.

For instance when Torres say "liverpool is not liked in England and that's it" he's implying there's not much to think about it, it's just that the other fans can't forgive the success Liverpool has.

When he says that half the things you read in the press are true, he's actually saying 95% of it is :censored:, as "half" is something we don't believe a story at all. When he says "How's going to leave?" about Rafa, he's overruling that possibility completely. Little language touches that were reassuring concerning Rafa.

Yes, he seems a happy man. Bit worried they invite Arteta to play board games and not Alonso.

:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Sabre wrote:Bit worried they invite Arteta to play board games and not Alonso.

:D

well they have to let arteta win SOMETHING :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 pm

I wasn't that enthusiastic about that much money for another spanish striker (morientes nightmares) especially after rafa bought kuyt (not good enough) and Crouch (okay).

Big Niall was wrong about Torres though, looks class and perfectlys suited to premiership.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Now i want to make a question to you... is there any song for Torres  in Anfield or not yet?
f9Torres

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:06 pm

f9Torres wrote:Now i want to make a question to you... is there any song for Torres  in Anfield or not yet?

at the moment mate it goes something like this

CLAP CLAP ,  CLAP CLAP CLAP ,  CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP  TORRES!!!!  :bowdown  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
f9Torres wrote:Now i want to make a question to you... is there any song for Torres  in Anfield or not yet?

at the moment mate it goes something like this

CLAP CLAP ,  CLAP CLAP CLAP ,  CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP  TORRES!!!!  :bowdown  :D

if it was good enough for fowler, it's good enough for anyone :bowdown
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion