Music on my car radio - What would you do?

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Music on my car radio - What would you do?

The Hoosiers - Goodbye Mr A
No votes
Plain White Tees - Hey There Delilah
8%
James Blunt - 1973
17%
Switch off like what I did?
75%

Total votes : 12

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:09 pm

I was driving home from work about an hour ago and I had 97.4 Rock FM on. 

The Hoosiers came on singing Goodbye Mr A.  I fucking hate this song with an unnatural passion.  What's going on with that song?  I hate it...  I won't waste my life listening to the first couple of bars of it...  Who fucking buys this shit?

So up I tune into BBC Radio 1.  Talking by some DJ or other, no chance.

Down I go to to Wirral 97.1.  Hey There Delilah was on by the Plain White Tees. 

Who by the way, can go and kill themselves. 

Especially if they release another song in a similar vein to this piece of shit.  It's never off, it's been poisoning my ears for the last six months now, surely no one is still buying this record?

Then to 96.7 City FM.  James Blunt singing 1973.  Enough said I think.  No need for a rant at this point.

I decided to switch the radio off until I got to the end of Queens Drive.  When I switched it back on, Michael Jackson's Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough came on 97.4.  Result at last.  Top tune.

I'm just asking, what would you have listened to if you wouldn't have saw your arse like me and switched the radio off in anger?

PS, for any smartarses, I don't have CD player.  Nor will I be getting one.  I do have a tape player but who uses them anymore?
jonnymac1979

Postby Mikz » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:47 pm

I would have settled for James Blunt brother. Not my cup of tea either but bearable just.  :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:13 pm

I used to work for Rock FM and City, and you'll find they both have the same playlist, so whichever one you where listening to they both play :censored:.

I'm a Radio 1 man myself, but if you where driving home it would have benn Scott "i'm just a little bit gay, so will just bitch my way through my show" Mills so you where probably right to turn it off!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:25 pm

Crash the car and hope there is something decent on in the ambulance.

You need to get some tapes sorted or get your Ipod fixed up for the car
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:00 am

dare I say, I quite like the plain white t's...  :down:

although I only heard it this week, so haven't had a chance to get fed up of it yet...  :D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:42 am

I'm still hating The Hoosiers. 

It can't be just me surely.  Someone agree with me and tell me this gimmick he's got of going all falsetto and singing utterly shit songs is the most annoying thing you've ever heard?  I'd even agree to listening to 24 hours of Bjork: The Greatest Hits as a pennance if it meant I didn't have to be subjected to any more of The Hoosiers on the radio anymore.

They.  Are.  Fucking.  Shit.
jonnymac1979

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I'm still hating The Hoosiers. 

It can't be just me surely.  Someone agree with me and tell me this gimmick he's got of going all falsetto and singing utterly shit songs is the most annoying thing you've ever heard?  I'd even agree to listening to 24 hours of Bjork: The Greatest Hits as a pennance if it meant I didn't have to be subjected to any more of The Hoosiers on the radio anymore.

They.  Are.  Fucking.  Shit.

me and my mates were gonna go to a hoosiers gig, just to see what sort of people actually like their music. they are everything that is wrong with the world today. absoltuely atrociaous soulless cr@p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:29 pm

Jesus, mate....with options like that, I think I'd prefer to listen to elevator music :)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Fri May 02, 2008 2:09 am

I think it says a lot for the state of music these days when bands like The Houilliers, sorry, Hoosiers are being mentioned. Wheres me meat loaf?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri May 02, 2008 10:10 am

ipod + itrip = problem solved
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:45 am

Invest in a CD player.
LFC2007

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:20 am

LFC2007 wrote:Invest in a CD player.

jonnymac1979 wrote:PS, for any smartarses, I don't have CD player.  Nor will I be getting one.

I do a different playlist on my iPod every few days to mix it up.
jonnymac1979

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Problem solved then.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat May 03, 2008 3:30 pm

I like dundalk's idea. crash the car and hope the ambulance has something worth listening to. either that or try listening to virgin radio. they play some decent music.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby neophyteblogger » Fri May 16, 2008 9:08 am

Maybe get an iPod, upload or stream your favorite songs and listen to your heart's content.

CartridgeSAVE is a Stockport-based company here in the UK. It is running a competition and the first prize is an iPod. Those interested could sign up for a free newsletter at CartridgeSAVE and if lucky, win a sleek 3.5" sleek 16GB Apple iPod Touch
neophyteblogger

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls