What was your favourite decade? - Film, music, life, whatever!

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

What was your favourite decade? - Film, music, life, whatever!

The 60s (beatles, television,world cup)
No votes
The 70s (disco, afros, the colour brown)
18%
The 80s (Electro pop, dodgy haircuts, Fame)
45%
The 90s (Britpop, Mr Blooby, Snes + megadrive)
18%
The 00s (ipod, idiots, PS2, Stupid footy forums!)
18%

Total votes : 11

Postby Garymac » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:43 pm

Just thought this would be a good way to work out what sort of people we are by the sort of decade we loved the most, most of us are different in age and probably have a decade which was the best for them, could have been growing up, could have been settling down or it could even be getting older and not being able to make it to the toilet in time! Explain the decade you loved the most and why.

Mine was the 80s cos being a kid rocked in the 80s for me, born in 81, being an 80s child, was quality, the movies we had was the best of all the decades, Mannaquin, Ferris Buellers Day Off, The Lost Boys, The goonies, Learning to Drive, Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, Stand by me, all of the highest quality and not forgetting BIG!!! I remember are house having Casio Keyboards and a Saxaphone and we had a caravan in Llangollen which we would go to all the time and would spend all are holidays the or anywhere else in Wales, Llandudno, colwyn Bay, Angelsey. But sometimes we would venture down to cornwall which was a tw*t of a journey for me cos i got travel sick walkin to a bus stop.....I remember are 1st cat Smokey, which died of natural causes, are 2nd cat Prince (the pop star) died by running under a van and are 3rd cat (Del boy) Died after spuing its guts up......Sad times all round.

On a musical note, things werent great but Michael Jacksons had Off the Wall out which was a whopper of an Album, and i always remember me mum and me auntie leaving ares to go and see him in Aintree Racecourse and i could hear it from me bedroom window, if only then i knew how much he would have loved to have been in it with me the perv!!!......Oh and in 89 we had the break throw of Donnie, Mark, Jordan and 2 other blocks who formed New kids on the block, oh yes!!!

Also i remember BOARDGAMES, oh yes, ker plunk, backgammon with me grandad, frustration, buckaroo. Too many to mention.

Theres just a few of the reasons i loved the 80s, now its your fu*king turn!!!!

Oh and Neighbours, are australian import, played its ways into all are hearts with Scott and Charlene the wedding of the decade. This decade might have been cheesy but i had some of the best times of me life!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:51 pm

The 70,s for me but not for Afros,Disco etc........for the emergence of Queen,Led Zepp,Rainbow,Deep purple etc etc and shows like The professionals,The new Avengers,UFO and Starskey and Hutch..Also for comedy such as Monty python.......but Mostly for the football and my first trip to Anfield in 1974 and the wonderful and all conquering team we had.One more point i found football more entertaining with players Stan Bowles.Alan Hudson.,Frank Worthington and Tony Currie.....each a wayne Rooney in their own right.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:55 pm

How good was Frank Worthington  :buttrock Never forget his goal were he has his back to the defence flicks it over his head and theres and puts it in the onion bag, Frank was good.

Comedy in the 80s was the one and only Young ones.

Mike, Neil, Vivian, Rick  :buttrock
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:10 pm

dont get me wrong i loved the young ones as much as the next bloke.......but in the 70's we had Monty Python,Fawlty Towers,On the buses,bless this house etc etc......they dont make comedy shows like them anymore
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:10 pm

and how can i forget Steptoe and son..........CLASS
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:12 pm

the 00's because we won the european cup for the FIFTH TIME. :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:13 pm

ST MICK 1977 the first time......will always be the best
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:15 pm

drummerphil wrote:ST MICK 1977 the first time......will always be the best

wouldn't know, i wasn't born :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:04 pm

I cant decide so Ill say late 70s early 80s - i can never forget the 1978 world cup -and the final - a mass of blue n white - deafening atmosphere and the intimidating figure of Mario Kempes.
Tv shows like  Fawlty Towers or was it flowery :censored: lol steptoe ,twos company anyone remember it? George n mildred and even the detective ones like Columbo and Cannon, kojak etc .Other tv shows like Charlies angels ,Hart to Hart, Dallas ,wonder woman , six million dollar man, The incredible Hulk Generation game and the wonderful world of disney :D
Music -the Bohemian rhapsody :bowdown and the video that went with it had such an effect on evreryone and GREASE  :buttrock  jAWS ahh the list is endless
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:01 am

I voted for the 00's, but having read Garymacs opening post, I change my mind to the '80's. F*cking awesome times. I was born in '82, so my childhood was largely in the '80's. I too went Caravanning. My Grandma and Grandad had a static caravan in Skegness on the Richmond site (for anyone that may be interested.) and I used to go there virtually every weekend up to the age of about 5/6. (When they sold it!)
There was a club on the site which was and still is brilliant. (I go back there every year with my girlfriend.) It was at the time when all the cheesy classics were virtually new, like "Time Warp", "Wig wam bam", Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up", "The Locomotion", etc!!!!! :laugh:

I had some cracking times there. Mum and Dad went aswell, we'd walk to the Beach Comber pub on the sea front, and me and my Bro would go to the arcade downstairs while they had a drink!
My other Grandad would go with us a lot and I tell you something now - he was my idol. F*ck your film stars all over, this man was a saint.
They have to be the happiest years of my life, overall.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:00 am

80's
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:32 am

I'll go for the mid to late '60's , a time when anything and everything seemed possible and more importantly women burned their bra's and turned into hippie nympho's (well the one's I knew did  :D  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:44 am

Born in 1979, I loved growing up in the 80's.  It was amazing. 

I had two younger brothers aged 7 and 3 by the time we hit 1990 so it's around that age when you get on with them best.  Hardly spoke to them in my teenage years (put in context, who does as teenagers, you're always fighting aren't you?) and now we all go out on the piss together so it's all back to normal.  Programmes I used to love growing up was He-Man, Knightmare (still watch it on Challenge before Soccer AM every Saturday), The Real Ghostbusters and No. 73 and Ghost Train of a Saturday morning before I'd go and play footy for my local team.  We had a beast of a side, as 9 year olds, we won the league and it would remain the only team I would ever win a league title with until I stopped playing football at 16.

My cousins Gran had a caravan in Presthaven Sands and we'd visit there every weekend ourselves.  We'd go for a swim in the afternoon and then have a barbecue afterwards.  The grown ups would go for a couple of lagers while us kids would get watched.  It was great.  I was a big Jacko fan growing up as well and the Thriller and Bad CD's were all I used to listen to growing up. 

The first time I recall Liverpool as a team I loved was the 1986 FA Cup final.  After that game, I was well and truly hooked on football and especially Liverpool.  The day, I decorated our window in pictures of Liverpool, ribbons, rosettes, the absolute works......  as we all know Liverpool completed the Double that day and it's where it all started for me.  Got the one and only ever season ticket I have ever owned for the 1987/88 season.  Top season apart from the Wimbledon game at Wembley which I was there to witness.  Not a happy memory for an eight year old kid.

Oh yeah, and I had a Nintendo Entertainment System as the decade ended and from about 1985 onwards, I had a ZX Spectrum 128k+2 which at the time was cutting edge!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:21 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:I had a ZX Spectrum 128k+2 which at the time was cutting edge!!!

I had the 48K Speccy - you can still play the games online!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:07 pm

Got to be the 80's for all those crackin'films!

Dragnet, Back to the future, beverley hills cop, the goonies, terminator etc..........

Loved the 90's for the dance music though..

Mr vain, rock my heart, u sure do, freed from desire, good life.

TUNES!
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls