What progress for 2004-05 ? - Satisfied with rafa

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:24 am

I know there has been a little concern on here that we haven't heard much but i'm WELL PLEASED we haven't to be honest .

It's encouraging to know that we are not media S.L.U.T.S like Kenyon and Mourinho plus in the past when we have made our targets known the price has shot up and we have ended up paying over the odds ???

Make no mistake I've seen enough so far to know Benitez is earning his keep........ Gerard Staying , Owen Signing extended Contract, Lots of players released or going out on loan...........

These few weeks are always "no news"weks despite what you may hear via Middlesborough ...... Is that who we are comparing ourselves with ? ???

Walk on >...........:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:30 am

LFC #1 wrote:fair play award?
manager of month every month
player of month every month
manager of year
PFA player of year
world player of year

No we don't want to win the Manager of the Month or the Player of the Month... that means we'll be sh*t for the next 200 fixtures... :cool:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:31 am

Boro have done well though, 3 good signings for around 5 million, they will be tough next season especially at the Riverside where they are hard to beat.

I think Benitez has done a fantastic job already, keeping Gerrard and Owen, who looked like they may have been off. The board brought Rafa in at the right time and I think he has given our club a lot more pulling power to get quality players that we have been linked with (Ballack, Rosicky etc).

Over the couple of months before the start of the season I think we can expect some good players being signed to strengthen the team and make us a real force next season.

Hopefully the 15 year wait will come to an end.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:33 am

zarababe wrote:No we don't want to win the Manager of the Month or the Player of the Month... that means we'll be sh*t for the next 200 fixtures... :cool:

yeh true, that Manager of the month award had a curse on it last season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:05 am

I want other teams to come to Anfield and all they get is a cup of tea at half-time,the way it used to be.We,on the other hand,get goals excitement and a sense of pride after each game of a job well done.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Voices from Yates » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:29 am

After about a month, with little trade in or out, the Gods have spoken.

Make no mistake I've seen enough so far to know Benitez is earning his keep........

It's amazing,
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby swifty » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:24 am

This depends who he buys & how well the current squad will play. Alot of teams have got new players so it might be alot harder this season for all the top teams
swifty

Postby redandblue » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:51 am

Our new manager has got off to a great start by keeping a low profile in the press and getting on with his job. Frankly, it is a breath of fresh air compared to mad Houllier who was constantly in the press, making outrageous predictions and making our club look foolish.

He has a massive job on his hands and despite Houllier's mad statements about us being on the brink of winning the title, the reality is that we have a long way to go.

Finishing higher than fourth will be a major achievement, but at least we won't be throwing in the towel after 10 games as we did last season.

If Rafa can get the fans enthusiastic again with an attacking style of play, unlike the awful football which we have had to endure for much of the past few years, then we will be well positioned for a steady climb up the league.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:45 pm

I'm more confident now than I was a couple of weeks ago.
Confident that we have a good squad in capable hands.
Satisfied ? no !!! .If you ask me again at the end of the season you'll probably get the same answer because although I hate saying it ,we won't be first. Not enough work done transferwise to convince me that Rafa can take us to the top with the current squad.The bitter thing is I believe that with only one or two more quality signings we could be back on top come next May.
Unfortunately we don't seem to have the money to compete for the top players with proven reputations. I think overall we a still short on that bit of class here and there that would make the vital difference.
No disrespect to Rafa,he's one of the best things thats happend to us for many a year. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:53 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I think overall we a still short on that bit of class here and there that would make the vital difference.

i agree with that statement completely. kewell could potentially be the answer but he needs to perform for more than half the season this time around. we haven't had anyone who can unlock defences with a pass since litmanen left. murphy and smicer do it once every blue moon. last season we were relying on gerrard to produce a "wonder ball" from all areas of the pitch as the rest of the midfield were not pulling their weight. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge