Rafa is the gaffa' - Teams vs players

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby catweazle » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:25 am

How long would SG or MO have lasted, telling' the press they wanted to win medals (at any club offering such prizes) to their current manager Bill Shankly.......

The game in 2004  is about $$$, just like N.American sports.
I love loyalty, but unfortunately other than the rare major club like LFC, it's a past memory. Let’s face it, being borne in Liverpool is a gift, but winning games for LFC is a profession (other than Henchoz, cos for a Swiss, he bleeds  LFC RED)

Arsenal Manu and Chelsea will soon be 95% Euros+,
LFC need to get over thinking about an Anglo star team, AND GET ON WITH WINNING AS A TEAM under Benitez!
Once new players get here, they won't want to leave , cos the fans will draw them in. LFC is a very great place to play.
Not because of the Stars, but because of the fans!!
Benitez feels the andrenilin and the fans(thank God)
:laugh:
catweazle

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:21 am

catweazle wrote:How long would SG or MO have lasted, telling' the press they wanted to win medals (at any club offering such prizes) to their current manager Bill Shankly.......

The game in 2004  is about $$$, just like N.American sports.
I love loyalty, but unfortunately other than the rare major club like LFC, it's a past memory. Let’s face it, being borne in Liverpool is a gift, but winning games for LFC is a profession (other than Henchoz, cos for a Swiss, he bleeds  LFC RED)

Arsenal Manu and Chelsea will soon be 95% Euros+,
LFC need to get over thinking about an Anglo star team, AND GET ON WITH WINNING AS A TEAM under Benitez!
Once new players get here, they won't want to leave , cos the fans will draw them in. LFC is a very great place to play.
Not because of the Stars, but because of the fans!!
Benitez feels the andrenilin and the fans(thank God)
:laugh:

What?  Are you sane?  American?
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:02 am

YEAH! We will win as a team
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby catweazle » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:44 am

thx big man
catweazle

Postby catweazle » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:57 am

Quote;-What?  Are you sane?  American?

Are you a nutta  Jonnymac, or do  you  like failure??

You are not really dumb enough to believe N-American stuff is ******?Do you support Everton? Do you have a Nintendo that shows LFC winning something?
catweazle

Postby Voices from Yates » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:36 am

RB is quite a lad. I eould say you couldn't ask for any more so far.

problems;  too many players you don't want
               too many players you do want
               loosing players you do want(mo)
               no time to do it in
               not a hell of a lot of $$ to do it with.

After a couple of months, with no fuss, he seems to have put things right.Quite a feat :)  :)
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby laza » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:10 am

He certainly has while under a lot of pressure from fans with very high expectations of a return to the glory days in shortest time possible
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:15 pm

We should trust him a bit more because unlike Houllier, Benithez is a proven winner.

Like it or not the Liverpool has been stuck in a rut since the 2002-2003 season. A lot of changes have to be made, painful they may be, and Benithez has been very brave to do it and make some big decisions.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:04 pm

LFC before Rafa

Owen Diouf
Kewell Gerrard Hamman Murphy
Riise Finnan Hyypia Henchoz

LFC after Rafa came:

Baros-Cisse
Kewell-Gerrard-Alonso-Garcia
Riise-Carragher-Hyypia-Josemi

Huge improvement.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:11 pm

catweazle wrote:Quote;-What?  Are you sane?  American?

Are you a nutta  Jonnymac, or do  you  like failure??

You are not really dumb enough to believe N-American stuff is ******?Do you support Everton? Do you have a Nintendo that shows LFC winning something?

What the fook are you on about dopey boy?

I'm very sane, not a "nutta".

932 posts will tell you I support Liverpool.  Or do you think i'd be sad enough to waste my precious time posting on here if I supported some other lesser team?  There's enough people on here who do that already.

I also love success, not failure.  What kind of question was that?  I hate Everton.  End of.  I pay no attention to North American sports because they don't interest me.  Americans think the world revolves around their sports ("The World Series") and they call football "soccer" which is more than enough of a reason to ignore them and their views on the sport I love. 

And if you really need to know what I play my games on, I have a GameBoy.

Your posts read like an instruction manual.  Seriously, read it back to yourself.  I fail to see the point you are making other than you think Liverpool should play as a team.  Is that right.  If it is, it goes without saying that Liverpool need to play as a team. 

I was at the Man City game.  Not once did I think we would lose even when we went behind to Anelka's goal.  The signs are there that we are on our way back to the top.

Did you have any other questions to ask me? 

Like what's my highest score on Tetris?
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge