Time for change?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Wilhelmsson » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:46 pm

I like the current skin, but there should be more a variety in which people can choose from IMO. AB since you are quite the Photoshop expert, why don’t you design and create a few skins for the admin and mods to choose from?
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby babu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Arsene's Bum-hole

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:49 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:I like the current skin, but there should be more a variety in which people can choose from IMO. AB since you are quite the Photoshop expert, why don’t you design and create a few skins for the admin and mods to choose from?

I've designed only one forum skin before and it was for VBulletin type of forum.

All I can do is design the look, it still has to be coded by the admin which can take several hours depending on how complicated it is.

Arsene's Bum-hole

That was terrible.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:52 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:In terms of appearance, I'm still using the original skin for the forum, but isn't there an option somewhere in here already that allows for a different view ?

I'm sure the facility to change the skin was offered about two years ago.

Yes, that's the default skin. Both are ugly imo, I mean it's focking gray. A Liverpool forum without red!  :D

My text is red , how about your's   :rasp

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Wilhelmsson » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:53 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:I've designed only one forum skin before and it was for VBulletin type of forum.

All I can do is design the look, it still has to be coded by the admin which can take several hours depending on how complicated it is.

Your post highlights how little I know about such a thing? I’m not sure the mods would want to sit there and spend several hours making up the codec for the board. Is there no other possible way of doing the coding?

I have been meaning to ask, have you taken this issue up with the Admin?
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:56 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:I've designed only one forum skin before and it was for VBulletin type of forum.

Your post highlights how little I know about such a thing? I’m not sure the mods would want to sit there and spend several hours making up the codec for the board. Is there no other possible way of doing the coding?

I have been meaning to ask, have you taken this issue up with the Admin?

Mods can't code it as they don't own the site or know how, it's the admin who has to do it.

Who I don't know if he's still interested in this forum at all, I've only spoken to him once directly in three or four years.
AB's Red Army

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:03 pm

"Is there no other possible way of doing the coding? "

Yes. If we were to design a skin ourselves, it would have to be coded. Usually there are skins you can download and use, and you don't have to code those.

But because the forum we're using is so old, there aren't that many options online.
AB's Red Army

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum