Time for change?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:18 am

Kharhaz wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:As the saying goes, if it aint broke dont fix it.

I suppose everything is fine and dandy with this forum. There are never any problems here what so ever.  ???

Errrrr.....no, unless the internet itself is playing up and I cant access it then no, I come on this site to view everyone elses perspective on whatevers going on football wise or in life, and I have never had a problem seeing other peoples views so no, im sure you had a point to your sarcastic response.

Ah really?! What the feck would I do without your insight?

A new look would freshen things up. It's like wearing the same focking shirt every day for four years, at one point you get tired of it.

Along with many other things this forum is probably one of the worst for discussing football. For one it's hard to debate anything without wind up merchants.

Only this forum has such a high number of that. For some reason, all :censored: on earth come on here and cause problems. Whether it be Liverpool fans or fans from other clubs.

To suggest that there is no problems on this place is quite laughable. But each to his own I guess.

"Quick question.... Can we change the look of the forum and still keep all the existing threads/posts?"

Yes as long as we don't switch to a different type of forum i.e. Invision. That's a whole new system and we would have to start over [there's nothing wrong with that imo, post counts mean nothing].
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:36 am

AB's Red Army wrote:suppose everything is fine and dandy with this forum. There are never any problems here what so ever.  ???

Errrrr.....no, unless the internet itself is playing up and I cant access it then no, I come on this site to view everyone elses perspective on whatevers going on football wise or in life, and I have never had a problem seeing other peoples views so no, im sure you had a point to your sarcastic response.[/quote]

A new look would freshen things up. It's like wearing the same focking shirt every day for four years, at one point you get tired of it.

Along with many other things this forum is probably one of the worst for discussing football. For one it's hard to debate anything without wind up merchants.

Only this forum has such a high number of that. For some reason, all :censored: on earth come on here and cause problems. Whether it be Liverpool fans or fans from other clubs.

To suggest that there is no problems on this place is quite laughable. But each to his own I guess.[/quote]
You raised the question of a new look and im happy with what we have now. If you dont like what is here, hey, the internet isnt limited to just this forum. Go forth and multiply and take my comments with you. What would you do with my insight? probably as much as I would do with yours, bearing in mind you have given nothing.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:53 am

Well, there are people who know how to design skins for boards, and hopefuly one on this forum, so if its look your going for, maybe you need a skinner. But as i have no clue about ikonboards, i donno if you can change the skin.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:05 am

Kharhaz wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:suppose everything is fine and dandy with this forum. There are never any problems here what so ever.  ???

Errrrr.....no, unless the internet itself is playing up and I cant access it then no, I come on this site to view everyone elses perspective on whatevers going on football wise or in life, and I have never had a problem seeing other peoples views so no, im sure you had a point to your sarcastic response.

To suggest that there is no problems on this place is quite laughable. But each to his own I guess.[/quote]
You raised the question of a new look and im happy with what we have now. If you dont like what is here, hey, the internet isnt limited to just this forum. Go forth and multiply and take my comments with you. What would you do with my insight? probably as much as I would do with yours, bearing in mind you have given nothing.[/quote]
Err so why respond to the thread if you find nothing wrong with the forum?  :laugh:

Clearly you're in the minority, if not the only one who believes that ''if it aint broke don't fix it'' applies to this particular site.
AB's Red Army

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:58 am

i think this forum is fine. if you find it boring then just adjust the contrast, zoom, color brightness, etc on the menu of your desktop and you can view it in different colors and sizes each day. =)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:34 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i think this forum is fine. if you find it boring then just adjust the contrast, zoom, color brightness, etc on the menu of your desktop and you can view it in different colors and sizes each day. =)

Has f#ck all to do with the colours. It's the design of the forum that's generic and amateurish and not something you would associate with Liverpool Football Club and it's supporters.

Surely we can do better. It would give this place a new feel and a breath of fresh air.
AB's Red Army

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:06 am

Seems to me AB that your recent experiences with photoshop have inspired this sudden interest in interior design.

I for one am happy with this forums design.

Surely we can do better. It would give this place a new feel and a breath of fresh air.

You sound like my Missus trying to persuade me to fuc'king redecorate yet again.

:D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:07 am

Anal Bandit   

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Seems to me AB that your recent experiences with photoshop have inspired this sudden interest in interior design.

You sound like my Missus trying to persuade me to fuc'king redecorate yet again.

No not at all. I've asked a similar thing a year or two years ago.

And with a new design, you as a member can have the option to what you want the forum to look like in your control panel.
AB's Red Army

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:43 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:

So did my Missus  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:

So did my Missus  .

:laugh:
AB's Red Army

Postby JBG » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:50 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Seems to me AB that your recent experiences with photoshop have inspired this sudden interest in interior design.

And with a new design, you as a member can have the option to what you want the forum to look like in your control panel.

Thats correct, I remember AB raising this issue when I was a mod.

Angry Bumfluff.  :p
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:59 pm

JBG wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:

Thats correct, I remember AB raising this issue when I was a mod.

Angry Bumfluff.  :p

That's a new one, bumfluff.  :D
AB's Red Army

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:58 pm

In terms of appearance, I'm still using the original skin for the forum, but isn't there an option somewhere in here already that allows for a different view ?

I'm sure the facility to change the skin was offered about two years ago.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:In terms of appearance, I'm still using the original skin for the forum, but isn't there an option somewhere in here already that allows for a different view ?

I'm sure the facility to change the skin was offered about two years ago.

Yes, that's the default skin. Both are ugly imo, I mean it's focking gray. A Liverpool forum without red!  :D
AB's Red Army

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum