Bluesh#te classic no 2185

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Everton have been forced into an embarrassing climbdown after their website claimed they had agreed a deal for Juan Roman Riquelme.

A story appeared on the website on Monday morning claiming that the Argentine was on his way from Villarreal.

The 'news' quickly spread on Everton forums, where rumours of a swoop for Riquelme have been fostered over the past month despite the former Barcelona player being on the verge of a move to Atletico Madrid.

The story was quickly removed from the Everton website, where a statement appeared claiming the article was 'completely untrue and appeared as a result of a technical error that occurred during some maintenance work on the site'.

A club spokesperson explained: "During the process of uploading the new home page designs for the website some test data was displayed for a very short period of time and was immediately removed after it had been identified.

"Example data had been used during the testing process and this was unfortunately missed by our appointed web development company during the final upload.

"We have since spoken to our suppliers to convey our complete dissatisfaction at the way in which this mis-information appeared and they have apologized to the Club and any Everton supporters who may have may have read the test article."

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Magnificent.

Simply magnificent.  You couldn't make this up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:12 pm

Bluekippers newest registered user is called Juan Roman Riquelme!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The piss taking has started already!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Bunch of Muppets! :laugh: :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Typical bitter small club antics  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:19 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:42 pm

This is a real post taken from the 606 debate by a blueshite after he heard about Riquelme....

I cant believe what is going on today but their is a buzz going around that Riquelme is coming to Everton for around 12m euros.

The move is beginning to make sense. Everyone knows how we love to play a 4-5-1 and are a counter attacking team. With Johnson who keeps the defence on the 18 yard line. it gives Riquelme the things he needs to do his thing. but here is my team, what do you think, can this xi get into the top 4?

howard
jagielka yobo lescott neville
fernandes carsley arteta
cahill riquelme
johnson

this is quite a frightening team. i think this could get us into the top 4 no problem. imagine riquelme doing his thing with no press attention either as they only focus on the london clubs liverpool and man utd.

i think top 4 is possible

:D  :D  :D  :D 
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:18 am

madred wrote:this is quite a frightening team. i think this could get us into the top 4 no problem.
i think top 4 is possible

:D  :D  :D  :D 

:wwww  :wwww  :laugh:  :laugh:
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:04 pm

They do have a great history of "signing" top players, Careca and Klinnsman spring to mind. Truly a great fantasy club.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:30 pm

Beattie....
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:29 am

Poor old toffees just another name that they think they have got but the story turns out to be sh!t. Momo Sissoko and Riquelme would of been their central pair if you belived their website :D . Tough sh!t.

Dave Nugent would of been their striker this year to I heard :D

They can look on the brightside they have released Richard Wright, that has to bring a smile to their faces.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Return to Premiership - General Discussion