Rumours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cleman » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:18 am

Some rumuors read in internet......

The rumours are bound in Liverpool that Martin O'Neil will be in charge of Anfield in the summer of 2004, with Gerard Houllier being moved upstairs to director of football and Thompson still the No.2
This will lead to changes, GH will be allowed to buy in the winter to try to ensure Champions League football with Boumsong and Cisse arriving from Auxerre. Boumsong is needed to provide cover at the back due to Carragher and Henchoz injuries also Cisse is needed due to the injuries seen to Owen and Baros.
In the summer expect to shake up, out of the door of Anfield will be Owen (due to not signing a new contract) which will lead to a bidding war between Chelsea, Real Madrid and Juventus, the money raise from this an estimated 30m will be given to O'Neil to buy other players

Out of the door will be fringe players such as Biscan, Cheyrou, Diao and Traore that is if anyone will have them. The current rumuir is that Steveven Gerrard will sign a new contract and become Liverpool's highest paid star.

Any comment?
Cleman

Postby ihatemanyoo » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:38 am

Interesting ... I was ... sorry am, concerned with the disproportionate returns that we were having with our previous purchases. Having missed the Champions League, I wonder if the club's finances have been weakened? Let's hope whoever's coming in will have a sensible approach of buying new players.
ihatemanyoo

Postby Coley » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:33 am

I think whoever comes in needs to buy proven British talent, or at least proven premiership talent.  If we are going to buy players from abroad, they should also be proven and not nobodies from France!
Coley

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion