New stars to cover - Sft peppers:

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:58 am

Oasis, The Killers and Razorlight are to cover songs from The Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band to mark the album's 40th anniversary.
James Morrison, The Fratellis, Travis and the Kaiser Chiefs are among the other acts taking part in the special recording sessions for BBC Radio 2.

The engineer in charge of the original 1967 sessions will use the same equipment to record the new versions.

The results will be aired on Radio 2 on 2 June, a day after the anniversary.

The original album was released on 1 June 1967 and went on to be regarded as one of the best and most influential releases in rock history.

Last year, it came top of a Radio 2 poll to find the best number one album of all time.

'Unique event'

The modern rock bands will be recorded by audio engineer Geoff Emerick, using the one-inch four-track equipment he captured the original on 40 years ago.

Radio 2 is also celebrating its 40th birthday this year, and the programme will form part of the station's '60s Season.

Radio 2 controller Lesley Douglas said: "This will be not only a unique radio event, but a very special musical moment.

"The range and quality of artists involved ensure that this will be a fitting tribute to one of the great albums of all time."

How will Oasis manage to change there sound so much for this? They will no doubt pick whatever songs they want first, which sucks as oasis are probably the worst band on the list, and they have been doing beetles covers for the past 10 years anyways... (as bloc party say: to compare oasis to beatles makes no sense, the beatles changed there sound fo different albums, something oasis arent capable of)

so who will cover what? people?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:42 am

Cool beans. :blues:

Any room for me in that lineup?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:48 am

yeah, jbg will sing: fixin a hole ???  :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:57 am

"I get by with a lil' help from my friends."  :blues:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Smeg » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:36 am

dawson99 wrote:How will Oasis manage to change there sound so much for this? They will no doubt pick whatever songs they want first, which sucks as oasis are probably the worst band on the list, and they have been doing beetles covers for the past 10 years anyways... (as bloc party say: to compare oasis to beatles makes no sense, the beatles changed there sound fo different albums, something oasis arent capable of)

You fecking southern nonce  :D

This gimp was on the blur side of the fence wasnt he?

:laugh:
Smeg

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:50 am

Smeg wrote:
dawson99 wrote:How will Oasis manage to change there sound so much for this? They will no doubt pick whatever songs they want first, which sucks as oasis are probably the worst band on the list, and they have been doing beetles covers for the past 10 years anyways... (as bloc party say: to compare oasis to beatles makes no sense, the beatles changed there sound fo different albums, something oasis arent capable of)

You fecking southern nonce  :D

This gimp was on the blur side of the fence wasnt he?

:laugh:

sorry smeg. Oasis were really innovative, there albums are all so different sounding and the songs use loads more than 3 chords for the entire thing!!!

oh, no, sorry. oasis had one great album, definately maybe, now they ARE status quoasis....

:rasp

At least blur tried different things, and graham coxon is a far better guitarist than anyone oasis have had... maybe andy bell who should have been put on lead after his stint with the 90s shoegazers Ride  :buttrock
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:56 am

Blur v. Oasis, no contest, Blur by a country mile.

I wouldn't class myself as a Blur fan really, but at times some of the stuff that Oasis were churnin' out was freakin' awful. As Dawson said, at least Blur tried to be original. They may have come across as being ponces for a while and I'm not convinced that their drummer was not Paul Scholes (I mean, have you ever seen Paul Scholes and the drummer from Blur in the same room at the same time, together, eh, eh? Think about it) but surely the biggest two prats the rock world has ever thrown up have been the Gallaghers. I mean I could forgive them being dick.heads if they were actually talented, but they were fookin' Oasis for Christ's sake.

I liked one or two of Oasis' songs, one or two which Noel sang, but I couldn't abide Liam. I was absolutely fookin' delighted when a German geezer nutted him a year or two ago in a night club.

Christ's sake Smeg, there are a million great bands out there and you listen to a crowd of over rated Mancs who are still living in a time warp that is 1995.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby joko » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:04 pm

oasis covering the beatles, is like letting wes brown playing for lfc you think?
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:06 pm

:buttrock
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to General Chat Forum