Milan v valencia fight

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 pm

No whats happened is UEFA has banned him for  7 months, just a European ban at the moment. BUT they have asked FIFA to follow suit so he cannot play international or league football as well.

Doubt Fifa will play ball though to be honest.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 pm

so my original misunderstanding was right then - and it is just in euorpe? - unless FIFA ban him in internationals and the league...

???
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:00 am

In all fairness, why should he be banned at all levels? That's like one of ours getting red carded in the Champions' League, then being forced to sit out the following three games (One could be Premiership, 1 FA Cup and 1 Carling Cup.)

It's b*llocks.

I agree he should have recieved a 10 match European ban - that would have been enough.

He was a total coward, though, and if I were the player who took the punch, I'd seek the fecker out and drop him.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:00 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:No whats happened is UEFA has banned him for  7 months, just a European ban at the moment. BUT they have asked FIFA to follow suit so he cannot play international or league football as well.

Doubt Fifa will play ball though to be honest.

That is fairer then and i dont think Fifa should agree and ban him from all football.
IF Valencia lose against Chelsea, he misses two games, he will then miss (if Valencia qualify - which they should) possible qualifiers for the champions league in august, 2 games and probably a further 2 group games if they progress to the group stages. So that is six games, obviously they could defeat Chelsea, the winners of us and PSV and then win the final, then it would be far worse.

But i think if Terry is fit Chelsea will do them, especially with Marchenna banned for both legs.
So probably six games and if they get into the top2 in la-liga it will only be 4 games, which is less than Maicon and Burdisso (who's nose he broke :D )
Uefa havent got a clue.
10 match european ban would of been far more sensible.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:16 pm

When have UEFA ever made sense?

They voted in Platini for fucks sake! I am really worried about what influence Platini is going to have on the European game. He was very vocal against our bid to be in the Champions League last year as champions and his campaign promised to look at cutting the number of teams from the top leagues.

He recently said that he wants the 4th place teams in the top leagues to be able to draw each other in the qualifiying rounds of the CL which doesnt happen at the moment and more worryingly is the recent formation of the "European Football Forum".

It only has four members who speak for the whole of the European teams - Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax and CHELSEA! - Its seems Platini is trying to take away the power from G14 and this could make Chelsea very powerful indeed.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:17 pm

From: Teamtalk : "UEFA chief Michel Platini has outlined plans for a new era in European football including a proposal for Champions League qualifying play-offs."

Here are some interesting snippets;

"My problem is that the two English, Spanish and Italian teams in the final qualifying round do not play against each other, they play against smaller teams.

"Perhaps the teams from the bigger countries, who have four and three qualifying teams, should play against each other.

"We want to add some of the other countries to the competition and to do that we have take some of the others away. I'm not sure that the fourth clubs from Spain, Italy and England are more important than the champions of Poland, the Czech Republic and Denmark."
I totally agree with this and think it's a good idea, the Champions League has become a closed club to the big teams.

I find this very interesting indeed;

The Champions League proposal will be one of the first issues dealt with by the new strategic committee. The committee has to be ratified by a special UEFA Congress on May 27, but if approved it will include three voices from English football - Football Association chairman and UEFA vice-president Geoff Thompson, Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon.

Four clubs have been voted in as representatives by the European Club Forum - Chelsea, AC Milan, Barcelona and Ajax, - and Platini's backing for the strategic committee will give Kenyon a powerful voice in European football.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am

Fuckin Hell!

Fifa have been Navarro till October!

My Webpage
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:57 am

Sounds fair to me.

Spanish football has been very permissive with some issues that have been punnished severely in England.

For instance I've read that in England the guy that tried to punch lampard has been punnised already, in Spain they'd still be discussing about what to do, and after a long while, they'd put a fine to the guy, 2000 pounds or something. Then the guy could argue that fine in the justice and at the end of process day, no punnishment or lowered one.

If we don't sort out this things, it's fair they sort it out for us.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:03 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Fuckin Hell!

Fifa have been Navarro till October!

My Webpage

Thats absolutely ridiculous imo, he is being made an example of.
As i said in the previous page Thatchers elbow on Mendes was just as cowardly and imo far worse cos Mendes had done f'ck all to deserve it.

Why not just give me about a ten match ban ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion