4 Hamman
No votes
5 Smicer
4%
6 Henchoz
No votes

Total votes : 25

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:45 pm

Sorry supersub totally disagree with you!
My reason is simple, of the teams left few of their players have had an extended season IE champions league football.  The Backbone of the English, French, Spanish and German teams have all been involved in lengthy seasons.  As for the Portugese only Ronaldo looks to be physically strong and thats because Fergie nursed him all season. The Swedes and Danes are playing very well and do look strong but halve of their players have had a long winter break.  The Dutch foreign based players also look jaded but domestic players which make up over halve the squad seem ok but they did'nt play much european club football. 

Lastly if they players are earning good money then fair play to them, I rather see them share the rewards of their efforts than some fat cat director sitting in the stands.  Their are too many retired players out their sffering pains aches and illness who got paid buttons.  Many ex Liverpool players who delighted us for many years should never have had to work again but they did.  So if todays players get the financial rewards then I for one am really happy.  I don't ever want another LFC player to end up like Hughes, Smith Case or poor old Ray Kennedy.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:53 pm

Sean They get exactly what they are entitled to.  They are great artists who, share their skill.  They take us on a journey with them that can have us deligthed or in deep dispair.  You pay your entrance fee and get what you pay for. 

Too many artists die poor while those who exploit them continue to be be rich on their efforts.  Football is a fickle game and so are many supporters.

If the modern day players make a packet then fair play till them.  I don't begrudge them anything.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby kenco » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:33 pm

Talk sense big al their overpayed overated mercenarys. Greedy ****** fleecing the clubs and the fans for every penny they can get.The heart and soul is being ripped out of british football by the pure greed of these players and their agents.You only have to look at the lower leagues to see that!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:36 pm

kenco wrote:Talk sense big al their overpayed overated mercenarys. Greedy ****** fleecing the clubs and the fans for every penny they can get.The heart and soul is being ripped out of british football by the pure greed of these players and their agents.You only have to look at the lower leagues to see that!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Its all about supply and demand, as long as there are people like you and me who love the clubs, the players will be paid the money.

It is always been the way.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:45 pm

No as long as there are people like rupert murdock and sky television they will be paid these wages. The fans don't come into it !!!
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:38 pm

The fans don't come into it !!!

Maybe not the fans who goes through the turnstile but fans all over the globe who glued to their telly watching the games. The viewers pulls in the advertiser who in turns caused Sky to pay huge amount for the TV rights. The English game is popular, especially in the Far East where many viewers grew up watching the League/Premiership and love the pace and passion of the play. The Spanish and Italian league are miles behind although the quality of play are sometime higher.

If the Premiership lost it's quality or passion, you will see big drop in viewership and the cost for TV rights will drop too.

Sorry...I don't know where I am going with this... ???
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:52 pm

...They get exactly what they are entitled to.  They are great artists who, share their skill...If the modern day players make a packet then fair play till them.  I don't begrudge them anything.

big al, you are correct in a way. Some artist do not get half what they deserved for their talent and skills and that is a crying shame. Fairplay to guys like StevieG, Viera, Henry etc who deserves to get pay a tonne as they are the top exponent of this game. But with the money comes the responsibility and expectation too. Players are expected to be on top of their physical and mental condition and continue to deliver come what may. Yes they are human too but more are expected from them. That's the way it is and if they failed, they can expect to be heavily criticised.

OTOH, you have guys like Bogart (sp? formally of Chelsea), Deschamp (in his Chelsea's day), Diouf, Diao, Biscan etc. etc who don't deserved to be paid for their lack of efforts and/or ability.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:29 am

MILAN BAROS.

He is the new breed of strikers. The hardworking ones. And these are those that excel.

Baros is also an example to any senior players that's labelled undisputed No.1 striker, success comes from hardwork.

And BAros worked for his goals.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:01 pm

deffo baros, did only six of are players play?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:04 pm

deffo baros, did only six of are players play?

what ?!?  ???

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:09 pm

i know it predictable talk from a reds fan and i didnt compain at France 98 when Owen was receiving all the praise, but if Baros was English he would be getting as much hype as Rooney at the moment. But if he keeps playing like he is and the Czechs get to the final he may well emerge as one of the biggest star of the tornement
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:10 pm

Stu - I'm assuming you've got Parkingson's What about Gerrard ? just because he's taking the Queen's shilling doesn't meam he wasn't our best.

Couldn't care less anyway because THE FUTURE'S RED THE FUTURE'S BENITEZ
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:29 pm

Stu your right I posted it as a sneaky way of proving my point about too many games in the premiership for England and now France to do well in tournaments.  Baros is playing so well above the rest because he has'nt played much at all in the past season, he looks super fit every other premiership player bar Cole and Nevile look jaded.

Disagree with ya there bud.

Lampard certainly didn't look jaded. Thought he had a really good tournement and carried on his form playing for Chelsea and he played every match in the league and champions league and most of the cup games.

[/quote]Stu - I'm assuming you've got Parkingson's What about Gerrard ? just because he's taking the Queen's shilling doesn't meam he wasn't our best.

Couldn't care less anyway because THE FUTURE'S RED THE FUTURE'S BENITEZ[quote]

John it does say at the euro's if i'm not mistaken....

Gerrard had an average tournement mate.

Also i'm getting bored of you saying that at the end of every post...

he future is Garlic bread!!!
115-1073096938

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:18 pm

He mightn't be french but he'll do the bizz better than Le Prique
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:59 pm

that one went right over your head. :D

its all good. :)
115-1073096938

Previous