Still worried
26%
Everything in the gtarden looks lovely
52%
Dont trust the Yanks
9%

Total votes : 23

Postby The Red Baron » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:20 pm

Just watched the press conference,I was quite impressed what did you think.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:34 pm

i don't think everything in the garden looks rosey but hopefully they've planted the rights seeds to make a great garden even better!! :D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:40 pm

I went with "still worried" primarily because there's always going to be a niggling sense of doubt until these guys show how they're going to run things.

That said, everything they've said today and everything I've read in the Moores interview on .tv gives me confidence that this is the way forward for Liverpool.  As long as they're true to their words today, it looks to be a very bright day indeed for the club! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:12 pm

I am probably too much of an optomist to give a balanced judgement, but I have voted "everything in the garden looks lovely". I was devastated when the DIC bid fell through (blinded by the money maybe?) but the yanks seem genuine and arn't exactly paupers so I am looking to the future with renewed hope.
account deleted by request

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm the eternal Optimist........ it's a Rosy garden for me!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

well i know i have been slanged of for my views on the Gillett/hicks issue, and I wont change on that, but there are a number of new questions that need to be asked.....I want to know why they havent said where they are funding the new stadium from, Is it a case of like how the arsenal did it, by taking loans and making the pay offs with naming rights, international friendies like Brazil v Portugal are doing at the emirates tonight etc etc... Arsenal created a seperate company so the stadium is actually seperate business to the football club, so in theory the football club doesnt take on board the debts incurred...Is that the same situation with the New Anfield? Who will own the ground Gillett/Hicks or the Football Club?
The comparisons with Glazier are also somewhat valid, (not because of his place of birth but on the way he bought Man Utd) He bought Man Utd with the help of loans, the paying back of which comes from the revenue made by the Football Club, if Utd are succesfull all is well, if not the pressure is on Glazier who in turn sells has to sell his assetts i.e. players or else look at foreclosure by the banks. Could this happen with us? Thats why I favoured the DIC bid, loans were not the issue.
Nobody doubts Moores heart is in the right place, he is a genuine fan and I have never had a go at him, I just sincerely hope he has made the right decision in selling to the RIGHT people... This buyout is all about the building of a new stadium not about buying players etc, Arsenal went and built their ground without a buyout involved and good luck to them, Man Utd were boughtout without having to move grounds, Glazier bought them for business reasons, ie profit from merchendise etc etc, In the case of Gillett and Hicks....the question remains why are they buying the club??? Is there profit to be made, are they lifelong fans, I dont know but I dont trust them and I hope to God Im wrong on it.
Also it should be interesting how much influence steve morgan has with this new arrangement.....
Pedro Maradona

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:37 am

Pedro Maradona wrote:well i know i have been slanged of for my views on the Gillett/hicks issue, and I wont change on that, but there are a number of new questions that need to be asked.....I want to know why they havent said where they are funding the new stadium from, Is it a case of like how the arsenal did it, by taking loans and making the pay offs with naming rights, international friendies like Brazil v Portugal are doing at the emirates tonight etc etc... Arsenal created a seperate company so the stadium is actually seperate business to the football club, so in theory the football club doesnt take on board the debts incurred...Is that the same situation with the New Anfield? Who will own the ground Gillett/Hicks or the Football Club?
The comparisons with Glazier are also somewhat valid, (not because of his place of birth but on the way he bought Man Utd) He bought Man Utd with the help of loans, the paying back of which comes from the revenue made by the Football Club, if Utd are succesfull all is well, if not the pressure is on Glazier who in turn sells has to sell his assetts i.e. players or else look at foreclosure by the banks. Could this happen with us? Thats why I favoured the DIC bid, loans were not the issue.
Nobody doubts Moores heart is in the right place, he is a genuine fan and I have never had a go at him, I just sincerely hope he has made the right decision in selling to the RIGHT people... This buyout is all about the building of a new stadium not about buying players etc, Arsenal went and built their ground without a buyout involved and good luck to them, Man Utd were boughtout without having to move grounds, Glazier bought them for business reasons, ie profit from merchendise etc etc, In the case of Gillett and Hicks....the question remains why are they buying the club??? Is there profit to be made, are they lifelong fans, I dont know but I dont trust them and I hope to God Im wrong on it.
Also it should be interesting how much influence steve morgan has with this new arrangement.....

If you take a look around all of your questions are pretty much answered either on here or on .tv.
Gillett and Hicks have bought the club without incurring any debts unlike the Glazers have so I don't think that any comparisons are either valid or fair (I mean neither Gillette/Hicks look like a leprechaun!).
Arsenal have paid quite a lot of the costs of their new stadium off with the naming rights if I remember correctly (I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong) which has eased any debt problems they may have but I don't think they are able to reap the rewards of that deal in the transfer market. Whether we go down that road and reap the rewards of it transfer wise is still unknown but in the current footballing climate I think we'll have to accept it as being the best for the team. To his credit Gillett has said that if selling the rights off were to allow us to sign one great player every year for a few years then it will be worth it. He is obviously aware of how the fans feel about this subject but if it adds quality to the squad and leads to the title finally being brought back home then I'm sure we'll soon be forgetting whether we were bothered or not.

Steve Morgan I imagine will have not one ounce of influence over this arrangement. Even if he doesn't sell his shares he'll probably be in a minority and there is the very real prospect of the percentage that will trigger the compulsory purchase of he rest of the shares being reached resulting in him having to sells his shares.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that DIC weren't all they were making themselves out to be. It does seem strange the more you think about it how long they were taking over their proposal. They passed themselves off as BIG fans of the club yet took over two months before they put a tentative offer on the table. To then start bullying the club into a decision and then pulling out without putting up a fight for the club they were such big supporters of doesn't scream committed to LFC to me.

Gillett and Hicks have made all of the right noises today in my view whilst at the same time avoiding the usual bullshit that fans are usually fed over being life long fans. I'm not going to get carried away but these are the new owners of LFC and we've got to like it or find a different club to support. Personally I'm going to get behind them but for anyone who doesn't want to I believe there's a small club down the road who could do with a few extra fans!!!  :p
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:57 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I'm starting to come to the conclusion that DIC weren't all they were making themselves out to be. It does seem strange the more you think about it how long they were taking over their proposal. They passed themselves off as BIG fans of the club yet took over two months before they put a tentative offer on the table. To then start bullying the club into a decision and then pulling out without putting up a fight for the club they were such big supporters of doesn't scream committed to LFC to me.

interestingly, D.I.C Have since been 'linked' (pinch of salt wise) to a bid to control Arsenal. Could they have switched allegiance over the last weeks to a venture based in the capital. Financially, a superior prospect (in terms of locale alone)...i wonder.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby liverpool_bulgaria » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:43 am

Manchster Utd are going better since Malcolm Glayzer arrived there.I hope this will happen to us.
You'll never walk alone!
liverpool_bulgaria

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:00 pm

I honesty feel this is a good move on Liverpool FC' part.   We need to really start pushing for 1st place in the league,  get the players that Rafa want's etc.   There was always going to be uncertainty with the fans no matter who bought our club, be it DIC or Steve Morgan....

I saw the Press Conference and was impressed by them apart from their over use of the word "francise".  They seem genuine and trust that they will bring Liverpool FC to the top.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Return to Football Related Polls