Ayala

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:37 pm

fair point. and if it were 12-18months ago rafa would have probably snapped their hands off to get him. this time we aint so desperate in that position. at least you'd expect us not to be.... ???

something though doesnt add up concerning agger. id be hoping to see him quite prominently this season. that may not actually transpire, hence the ayala link. but all in all i think we'll be ok in defence. if roberto ayala wasnt the drain on rescources many here would expect him to be, it could of course be a gamble worth the risk..
but as you rightly say, there is no need to take one, yet.

besides which, all this story could hold as concrete evidence could have been simply down to the fact rafa was describing the talents of gabriel palletta and in doing so briefly mentioned his former charge.. then the media add 2 and 2 together, and hey presto! another rumour is infamously borne.

agger though? anybody have any news on his situation?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:54 pm

red37 wrote:agger though? anybody have any news on his situation?

What about him... are you thinking about his injuryproblems or what (not being rude, just curious)? He played all three games for Denmarks u-21 in the european championship some time in May, so I think he is over his problems now. I haven't heard anything else about him though, so this is just me guessing! I hope he gets to play more this coming season, as I rate him quite highly. In other words: no to Ayala (even though he was class in the WC)!
JamCar05

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:49 pm

yes injurywise. if he's over them then great. lets see the lad get a run. but it wouldnt be too wide of the mark to ask about his morale also.

one or two injuries have obviously hampered any progress. but are they affecting the players confidence  ???

whatever, daniel agger appears the kind of fella to overcome them.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:53 pm

I think that you are right... although he seems a bit quiet, he also seems quite a confident character, and I for one think that he will be back stronger and really fired up to make an impression on everyone, once he gets a chance this season. In the aforementioned u-21 european championship he seemed very self-confident (meant in a good way!) on the pitch. He has also adopted the english mentality quite a bit, as he yelled very much and loudly at an opponent player, when he had dived in a challenge from Agger. It was unmistakeably to lipread Agger screaming :censored: off and pointing his finger away from the field!
JamCar05

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:07 pm

i wonder if this could still be a go-er  ???  the fella isnt happy with the situation at valencia (last was heard) and could provide much needed insurance...maybe?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:33 pm

red37 wrote:i wonder if this could still be a go-er  ???  the fella isnt happy with the situation at valencia (last was heard) and could provide much needed insurance...maybe?

Hmmmm maybe ?
Rafa has just been on SSN when asked about Woodgate he said no we are not interested but Rick Parry is away at the moment.
When the reporter asked is he signing a player Rafa laughed, and said maybe  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:33 pm

Yeah and its Alves that Parry is away trying to tie up the deal for.

I know this because my uncle Albert has told me.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:33 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Yeah and its Alves that Parry is away trying to tie up the deal for.

I know this because my uncle Albert has told me.

fucking bollocks
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:22 pm

we might get a look of alves tonight itv4. half 7

the super cup final..    remember cisse.  :)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 108-1163930576 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:13 pm

hes got curly hair and hes a poof
108-1163930576

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Roberto Ayala is being mentioned again.....(not a bad shout for me)

Liverpool and Chelsea have it in their agenda

"In addition to the possible agreement that could have reached its agent with the Villarreal, several equipment of the Premier close by follows the situation of Ayala, that always showed its desire to play in England. The Liverpool does not discard to sign a player to whom Rafa Benítez removed an exceptional yield and with which it has very good relation and also the Chelsea can have it in his agenda".

http://66.249.93.104/transla....&u=http

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:50 pm

Not too sure bout him, mate..... maybe a couple of years ago but at 33.... he's likely on his last legs... don't get me wrong, I think he's class all the way but the rough and tumble of the premiership for a player unused to that kind of frenetic pace.... maybe asking a bit much of the lad.... Still, he's got plenty of experience and would make a pretty good mentor for our young 'uns...... if the price is right, why not?
ConnO'var

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:14 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Not too sure bout him, mate..... maybe a couple of years ago but at 33.... he's likely on his last legs... don't get me wrong, I think he's class all the way but the rough and tumble of the premiership for a player unused to that kind of frenetic pace.... maybe asking a bit much of the lad.... Still, he's got plenty of experience and would make a pretty good mentor for our young 'uns...... if the price is right, why not?

not to mention his agents 30 pieces of silver...the fella must be working overtime for RA...thats two consecutive windows the fella's name has been mooted. Like you say, age here is the fly in the ointment...though equally, his influence could be put to good use somewhere...thats if we keep hold of these young understudies and not loan em all out!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:24 pm

red37 wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:Not too sure bout him, mate..... maybe a couple of years ago but at 33.... he's likely on his last legs... don't get me wrong, I think he's class all the way but the rough and tumble of the premiership for a player unused to that kind of frenetic pace.... maybe asking a bit much of the lad.... Still, he's got plenty of experience and would make a pretty good mentor for our young 'uns...... if the price is right, why not?

not to mention his agents 30 pieces of silver...the fella must be working overtime for RA...thats two consecutive windows the fella's name has been mooted. Like you say, age here is the fly in the ointment...though equally, his influence could be put to good use somewhere...thats if we keep hold of these young understudies and not loan em all out!

just a few comments relevant to the piece, from Rushie:

Rafa may swoop for experience Jan 3 2007

By Ian Rush, Liverpool Echo

THE transfer window is open and I hope Rafa Benitez does use it.

Bob Paisley always used to want to bring in a new face or two even if it was just to freshen things up and keep everyone on their toes. That is no bad thing.

Perhaps if there is one thing Rafa can seek to add it might just be a bit of experience.

We all remember how brilliantly well Gary McAllister did when he came to Anfield at the end of his career.

And more recently Didi Hamman was a steadying influence for us at the business end of the season.

We all remember his influence in the Champions League final in Istanbul and in the FA Cup final in Cardiff. Of course if the manager is going to buy he will have quietly identified his targets by now.

I have no one in particular in mind but if he did opt for a wise old head somewhere along the way I would not be too surprised.

They say you can't buy experience. But at this time of year you sometimes can.

And it doesn't always cost that much either.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:17 pm

red37 wrote:

Aah mate.... don't youget me started on those parasitic vultures also known as agents....  :veryangry  :veryangry
I'd happily throttle the lot of them...  :angry:  :D  :D

Rushie's point is valid on the positives of "buying" experience in the latter half of the season..... With Hyypia and Ayala as teachers; Agger and Paletta can reap huge gains from wayching those 2 at training alone...

Didn't think bout that in my original post....
ConnO'var

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill