New goalkeeper - Why?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:32 pm

going by the reports that have come out of the valley the lad has more than convinced me of his worth if i didnt need assurances in the first place. being at Charlton and playing regular top flight football whilst coping with all the sh1t surrounding the sacking of Dowie and the air of uncertainty around the place and still managing to receive the plaudits should suggest some clues as to Carsons stock.

" At Charlton, Wigan, Blackburn etc you're going to be in the firing line a lot more"

hence the reason why his progress there is even more impressive. and that realisation bodes well in readying him for the inevitable step-up to our first team, in my book. especially if there is any grain of truth in the Valencia link regarding Carboni and his wish to take Reina to the Mestalla.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:41 pm

red37 wrote:going by the reports that have come out of the valley the lad has more than convinced me of his worth if i didnt need assurances in the first place. being at Charlton and playing regular top flight football whilst coping with all the sh1t surrounding the sacking of Dowie and the air of uncertainty around the place and still managing to receive the plaudits should suggest some clues as to Carsons stock.

" At Charlton, Wigan, Blackburn etc you're going to be in the firing line a lot more"

hence the reason why his progress there is even more impressive. and that realisation bodes well in readying him for the inevitable step-up to our first team, in my book. especially if there is any grain of truth in the Valencia link regarding Carboni and his wish to take Reina to the Mestalla.

When Benitez joined us from Valencia I expected that we might buy one or two of their stars, not sell them ours! :D
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:51 pm

s@int wrote:
red37 wrote:going by the reports that have come out of the valley the lad has more than convinced me of his worth if i didnt need assurances in the first place. being at Charlton and playing regular top flight football whilst coping with all the sh1t surrounding the sacking of Dowie and the air of uncertainty around the place and still managing to receive the plaudits should suggest some clues as to Carsons stock.

When Benitez joined us from Valencia I expected that we might buy one or two of their stars, not sell them ours! :D

well if there are to be any further dealings with them at least you can say both parties hold some  degree of respect for each other. unlike the robbing b@stards at RM. though this is the cut throat world of football after all...so expect a shafting whatever happens!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:43 am

We should go back in time and sign old Billy "Fatty" Buckleweed.

Best keeper in England circa 1926.

Played for Great Western Railway FC and won the Division North title without conceding a goal.

He used to stop the ball with his ample gut. It used to bounce off his stomach and he was so good, he played in goal while eating a PAAAAARKKK PAH-EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:39 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:We should go back in time and sign old Billy "Fatty" Buckleweed.

Best keeper in England circa 1926.

Played for Great Western Railway FC and won the Division North title without conceding a goal.

He used to stop the ball with his ample gut. It used to bounce off his stomach and he was so good, he played in goal while eating a PAAAAARKKK PAH-EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

You gave them up, though, didn't you, William?

:D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:43 am

Nope.

That's what killed him.

He was eating a pork pie while in goal and Blackpool's star striker of the day, ole' Wilbur Wilburson fired a shot right at his face.

It sent the pork pie down his throat and he choked to death.

Which is why the FA banned players from eating pork pies during matches.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:45 pm

Simple get rid of reina and bring back carson and have martin for back up. Dudek free wages up and take a hit on reina. Valencia for 3.5m please
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill