Minutes silence - End of!

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Minutes silence - End of!

maybe if the queen pops her cloggs
No votes
i could understand it if one of the squad passed away
36%
its getting too much, this is footy after all.
64%

Total votes : 14

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:16 am

I agree with that sentiment Neil. Recently and it's got to be sad for the sake of fairness a LOT at Anfield a week doesn;t seem to pass without a minutes silence.

Perhaps the time is right to think of a more suitable and sadly controllable way of paying our respects ...........

Manchester City obviously feared a reaction and applied to teh premier League for a minutes applause but were refused ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:37 am

Best was different though.He played at a time when the manc scouser hatred wasnt as evident as it is now.My old man`s generation respected him(scouser or manc).He was one of us ffs.Respect where its due,the bloke was a genuine legend.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:01 pm

Yeah, I liked that applause compared to the silence. Was much better and represents a celebration of the player rather than mourning him.

ex-player : go for the clap

royalty/remembrance/disaster : minute's silence
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:21 pm

I thought the lack of respect shown at the match, regardless of who or how many was a disgrace. At the end of the day, one of the greatest players ever to play in England died and he deserved to be shown respect, even if only on a basic level of human empathy. To behave like that when it would be these very same people who would lose the plot of there was disrespect shown to an Hillsborough related silence.
I don't care who George Best played for, the man at least deserved our respect and a minutes silence if that was a way of showing our respect. I realise a majority of the fans of this club are at the very least embarrassed by what happened at the weekend but it's just unfortunate that we all get tarred with the same brush as those knobheads making the noise
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:39 pm

Dalglish wrote:For the record I was at the game yesterday so lets put the record straight, it was ONE solitary knobhead, the rest of the noise came from fans around him trying to shut him up then a multitude of boos at his disrespectful outburst.

At LFC , sadly we know a fair bit about death and grieving and on the whole we have conducted ourselves impeccably during these difficult times in our great clubs history.

I was embarressed by that solitary fans but I'm not going to be made to feel ashamed by a bloke obviously compensating for being a  NOBODY at work and at home who then tries to compensate for this by trying to be SOMEBODY at the match ???

He doesn't represent myself or the vast majority of football fans at our great club and shouldn;t be allowed to drag our club through the dirt.

R.I.P George Best

ive been in bed for 2 days with some virus...so this is a late reply  thanks for the post dalglish  im glad it was only one idiot  i couldnt believe it when i heard about it, but like you said it only takes one.   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:05 am

How come it's a minute's silence for one death, and 5 million?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:10 am

woof woof ! wrote:George Bests death had no effect on me to be honest but I respected the silence if only out of consideration for his family and the fans who were apparently moved by his loss. Let them mourn with the dignity and respect that the loss of any loved one deserves.

agreed
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:26 pm

someone showing that much disrespect is obviously only looking for attention and cant get any at home of his wife
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:37 pm

haha thats just a bit harsh isn't it?

I don't agree with one minutes silence all the time, especially when certain individuals ruin it. However, if its a footballer, thats well known for his talent and what not, then go ahead. Its respectful, and its what they deserve after being a legend.

Personally, one minutes silence at football matches should only be in memory of someone linked with that club, for example, they played there for a long time, managed that club etc
Hebz

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls