Minutes silence - End of!

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Minutes silence - End of!

maybe if the queen pops her cloggs
No votes
i could understand it if one of the squad passed away
36%
its getting too much, this is footy after all.
64%

Total votes : 14

Postby neil » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:04 am

I'm starting to cringe every other week it seems at the fact we need a minutes silence for every tom,dick and harry who happen to pass away during the previous week. Now forgive me if I sound a little heartless but what the f.uck has it got to do with our footy match? All it does is open up the possibility of tainting the reps of the clubs fans on the back of one or two tanked up guys in the stand. Why must we do this all the time ??
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:04 am

I see your point neil, it's a shame that we even have to consider this because of a few idiots out of a couple of thousand.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:16 am

the gorge best minuites silence was a disgrace i felt ashamed to be a liverpool fan when a few :censored: started screaming and booing  :down:
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:14 pm

^ Was disrespectful
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:28 pm

anno it was shocking.....he was a great player and deserved one

Its like kenny daglish or someone dying....hes got nuthin to do with most teams in the prem but i would expect them to keep a minutes silence for him
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:26 pm

George Bests death had no effect on me to be honest but I respected the silence if only out of consideration for his family and the fans who were apparently moved by his loss. Let them mourn with the dignity and respect that the loss of any loved one deserves.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:20 am

For the record I was at the game yesterday so lets put the record straight, it was ONE solitary knobhead, the rest of the noise came from fans around him trying to shut him up then a multitude of boos at his disrespectful outburst.

At LFC , sadly we know a fair bit about death and grieving and on the whole we have conducted ourselves impeccably during these difficult times in our great clubs history.

I was embarressed by that solitary fans but I'm not going to be made to feel ashamed by a bloke obviously compensating for being a  NOBODY at work and at home who then tries to compensate for this by trying to be SOMEBODY at the match ???

He doesn't represent myself or the vast majority of football fans at our great club and shouldn;t be allowed to drag our club through the dirt.

R.I.P George Best
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:22 am

In my opinion it was Bests own fault, his fate was self inflicted.
But the minority of idiots who failed to comply to the minutes silence should be ashamed of themselves, I am not the biggest United fan myself but I have the upmost respect for Best for what he done for the British game
82-1074641017

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:29 am

there's too many minute silences these days in my view. if the deceased had some relationship with one of the clubs playing the match, or was a hugely influential figure on the game in general then i would say its warranted. but now the whole intention of the minute silence is cheapened by overuse and the fact that half the people in the crowd probably haven't got a clue who they were in the first place.

george best deserved his minutes silence before the man u game without a doubt, but ours i'm not so sure. likewise i would never have been offended if emlyn hughes had not had a silence at the reebok stadium for instance. maybe there are better ways of honouring the dead - collections for alcoholic treatment centres in george best's case maybe? i also prefer the applause to the silence, as a sign of acknowledgement and to cover up the sound of the disrespectful nob'eads.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:33 am

Was just about to say that andy,the applause would be a far better way than standing there waiting for someone to start shouting.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:34 am

Mikz wrote:Was just about to say that andy,the applause would be a far better way than standing there waiting for someone to start shouting.

They done the applause at Wolves and that worked out a lot better :)
82-1074641017

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:39 am

Mikz wrote:Was just about to say that andy,the applause would be a far better way than standing there waiting for someone to start shouting.

Hiya Mikz, I believe Man City applied to the Premier League to do the very same thing, a minute of applause that is but the Premier Leaguie turned them down  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:56 am

??? really? Thats totally weird . But all things considered, it wasnt too bad when you think of the bitter rivalry between not just liverpool Man utd and also man city. As you said -one or two and others trying to hush them-its always gonna sound loud when everyone else is quiet.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:07 am

First time I've ever heard a call for silence broken and it was embarrassing to be honest but I'm not ashamed of my club.......these people or person don't represent me or my beloved LFC.

Just a pity that at a time when the whole world and his wife are watching the spotlight falls on us in a negative way. Rest assured the press won't miss another opportunity to stick the knife into the club and it's folowers ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:13 am

Hence the thread. If people in the public eye pass away, well thats just too bad, however why o why do the media expect football fans-especially fans from bitter rivals-to pay tribute on mass. Its a crazy state of affairs that seem to have creeped up on everyone. It is not the time nor place anymore.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls