Do belfast have a football team? - Do belfast have a football team?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Do belfast have a football team? - Do belfast have a football team?

YES
50%
NO
11%
DRAW
39%

Total votes : 18

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:46 pm

They have teams that try to play football...not football teams though!

Kazza 1 supports Glentoran from East Belfast.They're probably the second best team in N Ireland,still cr@p though!

Sorry Kazza! :D
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:47 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Roberts what are you on ace , let it lie now lad it causes to much grief.

How does it cause grief!

:laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby Mikz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:02 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:
Mikz wrote::nod Linfield V Cliftonville would be a much smaller version of Celtic V Rangers

So it's not so much a football match, more of a religious war revival session!  :D

:nod Something like that..but however -if they decide to play with a white ball in the snow it adds a monty python feel to the game and eases tension.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviec » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:13 pm

5 Teams in Belfast are
Linfield (Home: Windsor Park)
Glentoran (The Oval)
Crusaders (Seaview)
Cliftonville (Solitude)
Donegal Celtic (Donegal Celtic Park)
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby steviec » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:15 pm

The biggest rivalry are actually Linfield & Glentoran, not Linf & Cliftonville, not really strong contenders
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby jkop » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:03 am

Well my local team are Carrickfergus Rangers (although im a bit sheepish to admit it) and not to far from Belfast itself.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:42 pm

jkop wrote:Well my local team are Carrickfergus Rangers (although im a bit sheepish to admit it) and not to far from Belfast itself.

Sheepish? They arent that bhaa aa aad  :;):

Whatever happened to carrickfergus comrades brother?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:16 pm

steviec wrote:5 Teams in Belfast are
Linfield (Home: Windsor Park)
Glentoran (The Oval)
Crusaders (Seaview)
Cliftonville (Solitude)
Donegal Celtic (Donegal Celtic Park)

As steviec said there are 5 that are Belfast based.  Glentoran, Linfield, Cliftonville, Crusaders and Donegal Celtic. The rest of the Carnegie premier league is made up of 11 other teams from the North..... Portadown, Ballymena Utd, Lisburn Distillery, Newery City, Dungannon Swifts, Larne, Coleraine, Loughgall, Glenavon, Armagh City and Limavady Utd. Each team plays each other twice a season (not counting cup matchs etc), stangely enough thats the same as the Premiership...... All matches are played on a Saturday, never a Sunday. Cup matches are usually played mid week, then the finals at the weekend.
There is rivalry between Linfield and Cliftonville, but nowhere near as much as there is between Rangers and Celtic. Linfields biggest rivals are Glentoran. Although its not a religious thing. It more over whos ther better team.
There was one match played with a white ball when it was snowing. It was Boxing Day 1998, when Glentoran played Linfield (they always play on Boxing Day) the orange ball was lost at half time and they had to play the reminder of the match with a white ball. But hey, at least we made it onto a Question of Sport!!!! But, these things happen, get over it.
Irish league football is a day out for a lot of families in Northern Ireland. Although most of them do support teams in the Premiership, most cant afford to get to them.  It is also dying because a lot of people cant be ar$ed supporting their local team, because they see it as cr@p football. I go to matches because I support my local team. I do not see it as an excuse to go out and dig someone. I see it as a day out and to meet up with friends and watch a football game. I find it really funny that most of the people who run down Irish League football down are always the ones, who for some reason, always end up with tickets to watch Northern Ireland play and then when they beat someone like Spain, they go on about how good our wee team is. I know that most of the lads playing for NI play in English or Scottish leagues now, but the most of them started out in the Irish Leagues.
Glentoran is celebrating 125 years as a team next year and we are at this moment trying to get Premiership teams to come and play us in friendlys next year. So far we have got a few confirmed teams who are more than happy to come over and play us. So what happens if Liverpool is one of them, will you darken the turnsiles of the Oval then?? I dont think so. After all its only cr@p Irish league football..........

Barry mate, theres no offence taken  :D
jkop good luck tonight against Dundela!!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:32 pm

Id say some of us would go to the oval if a decent team were playing , not a problem , just to see them get a lesson and have a laugh .
Why do ya say 'get over it' about the white ball in the snow thing ?
I cant think of any really good players playing in England who came through the irish league, most get snapped up a lot earlier than that. It doesnt say much for whats left behind now does it   :laugh:
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby khan01 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:02 pm

good
khan01

Postby jkop » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:34 pm

khan01 wrote:good

???
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:24 pm

According to Manhattan's sources, MK Dons will be relocating to Belfast and will be known as FC MK Belfast Wimbledon Dons.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:25 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, MK Dons will be relocating to Belfast and will be known as FC MK Belfast Wimbledon Dons.

Heard that rumour years ago, but haven't anything about it lately.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigkarl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:30 pm

fivecups wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, MK Dons will be relocating to Belfast and will be known as FC MK Belfast Wimbledon Dons.

Heard that rumour years ago, but haven't anything about it lately.

was strongly rumoured before they relocated to Milton Keynes, seriously cant see this happening tbh!
bigkarl

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls