Cluster mines or toys?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 pm

I was with my dad in his land in south of lebanon a few weeks back and We stumbled across strange items. I took a picture of these items, and I was scared to hell when I took them.

They are cluster mines to be exact, thrown by the Israeli bombers before the war ended in 2 days. I think this is a disgrace to Humanity because right many children and adults are dieng because of these cluster mines. Children are thinking they are toys and adults try to diffuse it.

here is a larger photo of the first pic

LARGER PHOTO
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:25 pm

Is that yellow thing with multi coloured spots really a bomb?

Are you sure? Im no expert but i doesn't look like a bomb to me.
66-1120597113

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:29 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Is that yellow thing with multi coloured spots really a bomb?

it is matey! I'm also 200% sure it is! the army told us it is one of the most dangerous one we have and they told us it will take them 3 weeks until they come and remove it.

I'm telling you I was scared to death when I saw it because one wrong move next to it... its goodbye!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:38 pm

metalhead wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Is that yellow thing with multi coloured spots really a bomb?

it is matey! I'm also 200% sure it is! the army told us it is one of the most dangerous one we have and they told us it will take them 3 weeks until they come and remove it.

I'm telling you I was scared to death when I saw it because one wrong move next to it... its goodbye!

Why is it so bright coloured and easy to see mate?
Surely the whole idea of mines is that the enemy dont see them therefore walk on it and detonate it?

Do you think that the Israeli army are deliberately leaving them to attract,maim and kill children??
66-1120597113

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:42 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Why is it so bright coloured and easy to see mate?
Surely the whole idea of mines is that the enemy dont see them therefore walk on it and detonate it?

Do you think that the Israeli army are deliberately leaving them to attract,maim and kill children??

exactly tue, mines should be covered and not seen, but these are cluster mines thrown from the air to the ground and very easy to see! they do it colorful on purpose, I saw a picture of one of the mines has a picture of Sayed Hasan Nasrallah (leader of hizballah).

any lebanese citizen would tell you YES. why? because hizballah are not that stupid to hold a cluster mine on their hand! they know these stuff.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:52 pm

metalhead wrote:Image

Fuck thats terrible.  Even Id be convinced thats a toy and not a Bomb, so I can only imagine a innocent young child would think the same.
82-1074641017

Postby zarababe » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:05 am

That's Scary Metalhead, be careful out there.

I saw a news Item on 'Newsnight' the other day, in which the reporter claimed that whilst the negotiations for a ceasefire looked successful, the Israeli's started to drop '1000s' of these bombs over the southern part of the country 2 days before the ceasefire. To the reporters it made no sense to drops such weapons, when it was clear to all that 'mattered' that the negotiations were going to be 'successful'.

Of course the purpose of this act was to inflict the severest of retribution upon the innocent Lebonese people. It makes no sense to use these deadly weapons, at such a time. Of course to rub the salt in the wounds even more, they were all Made in the US of A.

30% of the cluster bombs droped don't explode on impact. It  will take years to clear, and already they're have been many casualties.

There is a worldwide campain to stop the use of these weapons because of there devastating impact.

Be careful Metalhead and all out there.

:down:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:03 am

Cheers Zarababe!

your facts are true! the Lebanese government and the U.N said it would take 10 years to clear up all these cluster mines! already there have been children dying and getting wounded by these mines. The parents aren't letting their children out of their homes in the south because of the fear of seeing one of those mines! its a really shame because this ruins a kid's childhood.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum