Parry, kill us now...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:27 am

Santa wrote:1. That is expected. If Liverpool announce the appointment now, the will have to folk out £1M in compensation to Valencia.

2. After all, do you think Parry can enjoy his holiday not knowing who will take over the helm in probably one of the most important off season in LFC history?

Well said, Santa.
1. But why Parry doesn't have to pay the compensation at the day he returns?
2. No.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:08 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
Santa wrote:1. That is expected. If Liverpool announce the appointment now, the will have to folk out £1M in compensation to Valencia.

2. After all, do you think Parry can enjoy his holiday not knowing who will take over the helm in probably one of the most important off season in LFC history?

Well said, Santa.
1. But why Parry mustn't pay the compensation at the day he returns?
2. No.

1. Because a clause in Benitez contract have a provision that he is able to leave the club for free provided he serves a 15 days written notice with the club. So after the 15 days lapsed, the potential employer will not have to compensate Valencia.

2. For Parry to have the balls to go on holiday at this time, and claimed to have a replacement ready when he return indicates that he have the potential candidate signed up. And for Benitez to leave a successful club at this time means he must have already another job lined up. Him not discounting the LFC rumour all adds up to Benitez the next LFC manager.

But of course these are all my observation and no more.  :;):
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:50 am

This may be the update:

Valencia demand Liverpool compo for Benitez
June 3, 2004

Valencia are insisting Liverpool pay compensation for the final year of coach Rafa Benitez's contract.
Benitez believed he could go for nothing if he gave the club 15 days written notice of his intention.

But Valencia president Jaime Orti is insisting on compensation, as Benitez still had a year left on his deal at the Mestalla.

Liverpool will have to pay £1 million for the Spaniard, who also wants to bring his backroom team to Anfield.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:56 am

I like Valencia. Its a great club. Benitez is a wonderful coach.
Now he quits. Will Valencia maintain its form next season?
But I am happy he will be coming to anfield. I see good things coming.

My joy will be the sorrow of others.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:13 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:This may be the update:

Valencia demand Liverpool compo for Benitez
June 3, 2004

Valencia are insisting Liverpool pay compensation for the final year of coach Rafa Benitez's contract.
Benitez believed he could go for nothing if he gave the club 15 days written notice of his intention.

But Valencia president Jaime Orti is insisting on compensation, as Benitez still had a year left on his deal at the Mestalla.

Liverpool will have to pay £1 million for the Spaniard, who also wants to bring his backroom team to Anfield.

I will take that with a pinch of salt.

Even if we have to folk out £1M, that's nothing compared to what Chelsea have to pay Porto for Maurinho.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:38 pm

Agree.
also, be a bit nice to a poorer :D
(kidding but with respect, valencia)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:17 pm

Benetiz will be here within 10 days.

Rumour has it a go between spoke with his agent on behalf of Liverpool a few weeks ago and Benetiz gave LFC his word.

Since then Benetiz resigns from Valencia and Rick Parry goes on an extended holiday.

Sounds like the deal is on to me.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:31 pm

So Liverpool are trying to cheat Valencia out of their compo?If thats true then its a pretty cheap thing to do.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:04 pm

I don't think the 'compo' thing comes into it greenred.
The contract Benitiz was on gave either side short notice to quit. That means Valencia could have chucked him out with very little notice. The manager is just exercising his rights under the term of the contract.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby edwardo » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:46 pm

Benitez is the man, Parry is enjoying a worry free break regarding the new manager, apart from the Thai money thing which must now be a major problem considering that Benitez will have been given a transfer budget depending on it!
edwardo

Postby Santa » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:40 am

Short of Thaksin pulling out his wallet right now, there is very little chance the deal will go through. I was told days ago that the deal was screwed. Thaksin will be very happy to get some free publicity worldwide and increase his popularity within Thailand.

"Not wanting to steal from the poor"...what a fu-ck-ing hypocrite he is :D

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion